Germoline

polly

This might seem a silly question, but do you get germoline in Australia? With three kids and lots of scrapes and cuts when playing, it is something I won't survive without :ilikeit:

Sorry if this is a frivolous question ;)

PS if it isn't available, can I bring a supply over or are there regulations regarding things like this?

Cant find germokine, so bring a supply. Occassionally SA Essentials in Perth has some.

Bepanthen antiseptic cream and also Savlon anteseptic cream will do the same job as Germoline and they are both available in Aus.

SAS

This might be handy.

South African Package Inserts aims to "provide information for all medicines available in South Africa".

"The purpose of this site is to make the package inserts for South African medicines available to the public in electronic format".

This information can be printed out and shown to a pharmacist/doctor in your new location, allowing them to recommend a proper equivalent/substitute for the medicine you are looking for.

Germolene

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, thanks Janneman

That website will prove to be very handy once in Australia and you need to find an old trustworthy S.A medicine not found in Australia. Thanks so much

Prieska

You get something even better here....Pawpaw Ointment! I have used it for years and my sister-in-law used to send it to me from Australia when I still lived in RSA. It is really cheap and great for rashes, roasties, chaffed lips, nappy rash, heat rash, infections, insect bites.....you name it, it works for them all. Try it you will be very surprised.

• 1 month later...

I bought Germoline at the local pharmacy on the Gold Coast. Smells and looks the same.

Regards

You get something even better here....Pawpaw Ointment!

Sorry to be a bit off-topic, but does it help for allergic skin reactions too? I'm allergic to the files at work (don't laugh!). When I've done a lot of filing, I get this allergic reaction on my fingers - just above the nail on the 1st knuckle. It's red, swollen, itchy & painful and the skin is thin and starts to crack & bleed through. I've used EVERYTHING: Zambuk, Elocon, Quadriderm, the whole Sally Hansen range of creams & oils, Matrix oil, Germoline.....

PS: African Delights (in Dural, Hills District, Sydney) has Germolene. If all else fails, and you need to order it (or any other medication/pharmacy stuff) from South Africa, try www.springbokpharmacy.co.za I've used them plenty of times and get my parcel within 10 days delivered at my front door. They charge about R180 per parcel up to a certain weight, so I keep a list of everything I need to order and then make one order to save on the postage. Custom opens it each time and have not once queried/confiscated anything. :ilikeit:

Riekie I am sure it will. Give it a try, you can always use it for something else as well.

Sorry to be a bit off-topic, but does it help for allergic skin reactions too? I'm allergic to the files at work (don't laugh!). When I've done a lot of filing, I get this allergic reaction on my fingers - just above the nail on the 1st knuckle. It's red, swollen, itchy & painful and the skin is thin and starts to crack & bleed through. I've used EVERYTHING: Zambuk, Elocon, Quadriderm, the whole Sally Hansen range of creams & oils, Matrix oil, Germoline.....

PS: African Delights (in Dural, Hills District, Sydney) has Germolene. If all else fails, and you need to order it (or any other medication/pharmacy stuff) from South Africa, try www.springbokpharmacy.co.za I've used them plenty of times and get my parcel within 10 days delivered at my front door. They charge about R180 per parcel up to a certain weight, so I keep a list of everything I need to order and then make one order to save on the postage. Custom opens it each time and have not once queried/confiscated anything. :ilikeit:

Hi Riekie

I know this is going to sound weird coming from a man but try Annique's Rooibos cream.........even works for nappy rash like you wont believe !!

Regards

Thanks for the advice!

Gave the pawpaw ointment a go - it did actually improve the situation - better than the others - but it did not solve the problem completely and only works for a while after I've applied it. (If you work with your hands all the time, it's difficult to keep applying the ointment as it is very oily). I'll definitely continue to use it though. I'll also give the Rooibos cream a go - gotta get some from the Saffer Shop first.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Riekie

You can also try something like Anthisan a antihistamine cream main ingredient is (Meparamine maleate)

Im allergic to cats if they scratch me it swells and itch like hell and this works wonders also good for any bite or stings. Or Stingose spray will also work

Edited by The Willmore's