PDS (pre departure stress)

hermank

Hi guys, i'm wondering if this is a normal feeling .....have i done the right thing...should we rather stay....etc,etc. Our one way flight for Brisbane are booked for monday the 17th and we might be getting cold feet !. Is this pre departure stress norm :ilikeit: al ?

Hi guys, i'm wondering if this is a normal feeling .....have i done the right thing...should we rather stay....etc,etc. Our one way flight for Brisbane are booked for monday the 17th and we might be getting cold feet !. Is this pre departure stress norm :ilikeit: al ?

I do believe it's totally normal.

But lets put it this way. How would you feel now if someone told you that your flight had been cancelled and you were forced to remain in SA? :o

Are your feet warmer now?

Best of luck,

and take care

red

Herman, Your post made me think of something... I had this exact same feeling the day before my wedding and 14 years later I am glad to say I got married and it was the right thing!!

But seriously, I think many of us have a deep-down fear that we might be making a mistake, but remember there are lots of strong emotions going around at the moment, it is your heart talking!! Don't worry!! It is normal!!

All the best for you and your family, and can't wait to be on the plane too!

Herman. It is completely normal. Its nerves and the overwhelming sensation that you are entering the unfamiliar. Enjoy the ride into a new world and a new life.

Hi Herman,

I think it is completely normal, but just be careful for the post arrival stress - I never prepared myself for that...!

Good luck!

Pippa! X

Don't worry you are not alone, PDS affects us all at some stage in the last week. I cried like a baby the night before we left, making my DH promise that if I really hated Oz, we could come back. I think I was actually having a mini-breakdown at the time :thumbdown: . Moving to Oz was my bright idea and I had spent months gathering files of info, submitting so much paperwork, waiting, worrying etc (I am sure you are all familiar with 'the' process). It consumes your life and quite frankly I think I became so focused on the practical issues that I never gave a second thought to my emotional state of mind, until that moment .....

Needless to say, I got on that damn plane the next day without shedding a tear and have never looked back :ilikeit: