applying for medical aid in Australia

Antoinette

Just a quick question please. In South Africa, if you move from one medical aid to another you must provide a certificate of membership from the previous medical which indicates the start and end date, exemptions etc. Do you need a certificate like this when you apply for Medicare and/or private medical aid in Australia?

Just a quick question please. In South Africa, if you move from one medical aid to another you must provide a certificate of membership from the previous medical which indicates the start and end date, exemptions etc. Do you need a certificate like this when you apply for Medicare and/or private medical aid in Australia?

Hi Antionette

This is a very useful thing to bring with you as it may mean that any waiting periods are waived (ours were).

Clare

Dankie. Elke dag word my lysie van goed om te doen net al hoe langer, maar dis lekker. Dit hou my besig en laat die tyd verbyvlieg tot die dag wat ons vertrek. Vir die eerste keer in 'n lang ruk voel ek weer "I am working towards a better tomorrow". Dit is soos medisyne vir die gees. Dit sit 'n huppel in my stap en 'n lied in my hart.