Applying to live in Australia

Jacky

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so thought I'd throw it under "General".

Can anyone tell me how easy/hard it would be to get into Australia to live? I'm originally from South Africa (born and raised) and am now a Canadian Citizen. I have family (Mom, Stepdad and siblings) that live in Australia.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Jacky

Hi Jacky

Go to http://www.dimia.gov.au/index.htm

This is the Australian government website on immigration. There are so many factors involved, as you have the best knowledge on your circumstances, it is best for you to look it up. If you then have more questions, then post them on this site, we will endeavour to help.

Mara

Hi Jacky

Just wondering why you are wanting to move from Canada? I have family in Canada and would love to give them reasons to move to Australia!

Y

Hi Jacky,

It would depend on many factors - see Mara's reference - but in general it would depend on what skills/education/job experience you/or you spouse have, and if these are needed by Australia (which by the way could be anything ranging from a nuclear scientist to a pastry chef) and your age etc. More fundamentally - how much money you have - I believe if you copious amounts of the latter anything is possible!

If you are asking how easy it is to live here? I think for a Canadian probably very similar in terms of the "big ticket" items (Aus and Canada are normally both up there in terms of "quality of live" and "liveability") The weather differences are probably the biggest factor. I suggest you read more of the threads on this site - you'll get a damn good idea!

Hope this helps

Chatterbug

• 3 months later...
Hi Jacky

Just wondering why you are wanting to move from Canada? I have family in Canada and would love to give them reasons to move to Australia!

Y

Hi Yvonne,

I'm sorry, I just noticed I hadn't responded to your message.

The biggest reasons would be... weather and change. I'm definitely a hot weather kind of girl. I have my moments though when I think I could make Canada my home for good, but then I'm not sure if I'd be happy if I did.

Hope you're enjoying the hot sun... it's rather cold here, as it's been snowing.

Cheers