Public transport to CBD - Trains preferably...

Legalbuff

Hi everyone!!

I now know something more than I knew last week - which is that we'll be going to Perth, hopefully landing by July 2008.

I am doing some research on the net regarding suburbs, houseprices for renting etc etc etc...

Now my question to your Perth people (what's the proper word for that: Perthans? Perthonians?) is this:

I have done some digging and found nice looking and affordable places roundabout Duncraig, Carine, Woodvale and Landsdale, as well as Ellenbrook.

a) How long will it take to drive to the beach from Ellenbrook?

:whome: Is public transport ie railways accessible from all these neighbourhoods, to go to work (CBD) everyday?

c) Are any of the above specifically to be avoided in terms of Perth Crime?

d) Any other areas that have the same look and feel and is affordable?

We are looking for at least a 3 bedroom, with at least 1 garage, maybe an extra carport. 1/2 bathrooms is fine, swimming pool optional but not a dealbreaker.

Am I correct in assuming I can find a presentable house for approx $400 per week?

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated!!

Thanks guys - and see you soon....

L

Hi Legalbuff

1) Ellenbrook to the beach 30-40 mins

2) Ellenbrook is a little less accessabile to the train, next is Landsdale Woodvale/Duncraig/Carine are all pretty close to the train stations.

3) Crime????? In what context??? :whome:

4) Look at Joondalup/Sommerly/Kinross/Butler /Carramar as well - thats in the Northern Subuurbs

Have a look at the Transperth Website

http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/

Depending on the area, $400.00 might be pushing it for Carine/Woodvale and perhaps Duncraig. You might need to up the rental price slightly in thos areas.

Regards

Enrica

Edited by enrica

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there

We live in Woodvale. Public Transport is so easy from here. We live in one of the main roads so I literally walk down the road to the bus stop. From there it is a 5 minute drive to Whitford Station. If you are going to travel to the CBD from Whitfords it will take you about half an hour in peak traffic on the Mitchell Freeway. The closest beach is about 10 - 15 minutes drive. To give you an idea - we rent a 4 bedroom house, with a family room, lounge, dining etc. double carport, outside entertainment area, two bathrooms - very comfortable for $420 a week - Median rentals are less than what we pay but we are very happy where we are. Ellenbrook and Landsdale are lovely areas just not as close to the station and beach as Woodvale.

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards

Debbie

Hi everyone!!

I now know something more than I knew last week - which is that we'll be going to Perth, hopefully landing by July 2008.

I am doing some research on the net regarding suburbs, houseprices for renting etc etc etc...

Now my question to your Perth people (what's the proper word for that: Perthans? Perthonians?) is this:

I have done some digging and found nice looking and affordable places roundabout Duncraig, Carine, Woodvale and Landsdale, as well as Ellenbrook.

a) How long will it take to drive to the beach from Ellenbrook?

:unsure: Is public transport ie railways accessible from all these neighbourhoods, to go to work (CBD) everyday?

c) Are any of the above specifically to be avoided in terms of Perth Crime?

d) Any other areas that have the same look and feel and is affordable?

We are looking for at least a 3 bedroom, with at least 1 garage, maybe an extra carport. 1/2 bathrooms is fine, swimming pool optional but not a dealbreaker.

Am I correct in assuming I can find a presentable house for approx $400 per week?

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated!!

Thanks guys - and see you soon....

L

:angry: Is public transport ie railways accessible from all these neighbourhoods, to go to work (CBD) everyday?

Hi there

The buses go everywhere, so yes, there is public transport. BUT

If you are going to work in the CBD and plan on using the train to go in , it will take you 1 and half hours to get there from Ellenbrook, my husband currently spends 3 hours a day commuting :ilikeit: . The bus is slow and the train station is far. If you can drive and park at the station, it would be quicker. The other suburbs you mentioned are good, Landsdale is also not close to a train station.

If you want more info on public transport in Perth, this website will help. http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/

Hope you find a nice place to stay :blink:

Sue

1.We live in the Vines, next to Ellenbrook. I work in the CBD and on the days my hubby cant drop me at work I drive to Midland station and then take a train. The trip into the city then takes me just less than an hour.

2.The closest beaches are 30 minutes away.

3. Crime in Ellenbrook is the same as most other neighbourhoods it is much lower than Freemantle and Northbridge where all the pubs and students are.

4. Ellenbrook has a unique feel and setup with the villages. You can walk anywhere in Ellenbrook as there are safe pedestrian pathways all over the place. However the disadvantage is the shopping centres around here are small and you have to fgo to Midland or further if you want a Target, BigW etc.

We like the rural type setting though and being in the Swan valley.