Am I loosing it???

Carrie

Here's a shocker for the rest of us

Friend of mine is from the Czech republic...now remember this is the former war torn country...

I was complaining about my police clearance certs. He laughed and logged into the Czech republic home affairs website...entered his ID number and a few other details, entered CC # and viola! Police clearance certificate prints off on the office printer.

how-wena, sirious? Aphaartheid was bed, very-very bed, it is not give us this thing, da computa, you know- eish. :lol:

:lol::ilikeit::ilikeit:

foncused

Sorry to hear that your flights were cancelled.

After all of that!!!!!!!!!

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

I always prefer a happy ending...............

We are leaving 24 April so mayble I will see you on the plane( to get stock you know, the blue kind)

Edited by Lewe

Eish Lewe,

Ek hoop vir jou part jy kry visa betyds. Ek het myne al 1 Febr ingegee en vandag gehoor dit is nog nie hier. Die reisagent se sy het al gevalle gehad waar die ouens op die lughawe eers hul visas gekry het. Ons gaan 15 April vir LSD hoop dan dit is hier. Ek dink regtig gebed gaan nou meer help as die blou pilletjies.

Sterkte!!

Kits.

Well Lewe... seems that all's well that ends well...

As we were traveling over Easter our flights and accommodation were quite expensive... and now... with the delay... at the same price we can add another two cities onto our trip at the same price!!

So... I'm smiling again :blink:

Hope your story ends well too

We are leaving 24 April so maybe I will see you on the plane( to get stock you know, the blue kind)

Hi Lewe,

Where are you flying to on 24 Apr? I'm flying to Sydney and then Brisbane on 24 Apr with Qantas. You on that flight?

(sorry for the semi-highjack of thread)

Stix

Sorry Stix.....

We are flying SAA

We will stay behind in Sydney when you leave for Brissie.

Great foncused!!!!!!

Do you need to re-submit your itinerary to the High Commision for the changed dates?

We want to add Brisbane to our itinerary.

Nope... we got a year travel visa in our passports...

No trip may be over 3 months in length... and we can come and go at our whim over the next year!

*sigh*

So...we booked our LSD... gave it over a month to get our tourist visa... and.... *smacks of SA efficiency* we booked our visa on the 112th February... and there is still no progress on our application... We've just lost our bookings (along with the prices we booked at) and are now facing a much larger bill than originally anticipated... We are supposed to travel in less than a week and we don't have our visas

I am sooooooooo tired of inefficiency... especially when I call the Austrialian High Commission and get a South African on the other end of the phone.... am I looooooosing it???

... is anyone else struggling like this....

do I need to take the 'blue' pill ????

Hi there

Saw in your time line taht you fired your agents. Please allude as to who these agents are. Yesterday I also had a melt down!!!!! There were a lot %^%^&*&(@@#$%^& in my conversation with my so-called "HELPERS"!! Maybe we should do someyhing about this. Because my so called "HELPERS" have teh following attitude: "If you don't like it, %^&* you AND WE KEEP THE MONEY YOU ALREADY PAID". Wela kepela!!!!! :ilikeit: Suckers!!! :ilikeit:

Ya well, the joke is on me. Or should I say us? Does anyone know whether there is a consumer watch dog in SA?

Yours faithfully

THE SUCKER aka THE FOOL

how-wena, sirious? Aphaartheid was bed, very-very bed, it is not give us this thing, da computa, you know- eish. :ilikeit:

eish......, yo is veeri sirios, no? bed, bed poeples!!!!! :holy:

Maybe JZ will sort it out? According to him "Sal alle probleme vinnig uitgetrap word" Whatever that may mean.............. :blush:

Saw in your time line taht you fired your agents. Please allude as to who these agents are.

Our agents were International Immigration Alliance.

I advised them that I would be happy for them to deduct any cost incurred by themselves on our behalf (posts, petties time etc) from our payment and refund the rest to us. They spent an hour with us in the initial consultation, gave us a photocopied pack of the skills assessment instructions and dodged about five phone calls. In addition to this they responded to two emails.

This host of professional work cost me R4,000! So... from my initial payment of over R14K I received R10K back.

I feel I am well rid!

I asked them to quantify their deductions but, surprise surprise... no reply.

Hi Guys

Why don't you open a new topic "MIGRATION AGENTS" under the APPLICATION heading, and ask a forum guru to place it under important issues. Here we can then report all good and bad experiences with agents, helping all to select wisely. It will also at least give you a feeling of payback.

Herman

Sorry Stix.....

We are flying SAA

We will stay behind in Sydney when you leave for Brissie.

Qauntas and SAA code share, meaning that you will probably be on the same flight. Check your times.

Herman

OK so that means we virtually have no chance of getting this Visa. I have only just come onto this forum and seen the bad news. We handed our applications in now to travel on the 18th April. And everything is paid for and nothing is refundable. GULP

Hi Lewe,

I am in the same boat as you - Infact worse. Only came onto the forum properly yesterday and we only handed our visa application in yesterday and we fly the 18th of April. Have you had any progress on your visa - We are like stress balls at the moment.

Please advise at your earliest convieniance.

Thanks

NO!!!!! :o

I read this post just before bedtime......... not good. :thumbdown:

It is now 2:33 am and I can not sleep.

I planned to hand in our Application for travel visa only tomorrow since they advised us it will take 12 to 15 working days.

We are leaving 24 April for our LSD.

To make it worse I need our passports back because we write IELTS in Maputo 12 April.

Even worse my DH was nagging me for the last 3 weeks to do it and clever me was telling him that it was not the first priority. :blush: NOT GOOD.

Any advice???????

Any Help?????????

Any one who knows anybody that can help???????

:unsure:

I do not think blue pills will help....................

Sorry, was not connected over easter.

The 20 working days look like the truth - I hope.

You have 21 days?

Today is 11 working days since I submit ours.

I will contact them tomorrow at the High Commission.

Will keep you posted.

Lewe

:whome::huh::P:P

12 Days

:D:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

We got our passports, with 1 year travel visas inside, back today after 12 working days.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

This is my own little (big) miracle....... :holy:

The lady at VFS told me that it still takes on average 20 working days.

Gavin45ga - I added a motivation letter (IELTS 12 April Maputo) for speedy return of our passports.

- I prayed a lot

- I made breakfast for my DH a lot! and lunch and, and, and..... :whome:

- I mailed the High Commission yesterday and asked for their assistance.....nicely!

Worked for us... like I said before, I love happy endings.

Hi Lewe,

I am in the same boat as you - Infact worse. Only came onto the forum properly yesterday and we only handed our visa application in yesterday and we fly the 18th of April. Have you had any progress on your visa - We are like stress balls at the moment.

Please advise at your earliest convieniance.

Thanks

Hi Gavin

Just something the lady in OZ told me about lodging my VISA appl. She told me to also attach a copy of my flight itinary (sorry can't spell) as it will move my application into a priority position if I have a set date booked to fly. I you have not done this, and you have one, just put your file ref nr on the copy and hand it in to VFS, and it will go to the embassy and further your cause. Also attach a copy of your booking for your tests, and the fact that you will require your Pasport to do it. Everything helps. It is worth a try.

Hope it helps you in this case.

:ilikeit:

Good Luck

Steff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gavin,

I saw your mail about your visa application and would like to share my GOOD experience with you. This might give you hope.

I applied for my tourist visa on Thursday 03 April at VFS in Hatfield, Pretoria. I advised them that my flight was booked for 20 April and that I needed my visa quickly. They made a note on my application and told me to call the callcentre in Jozi the following week. On Wednesday 09 April, I phoned the call centre and they refered me to the website. I was amased to find that my visa was back with VFS on Tuesday 08 April already and that I could collect it. I went around on Thursday and collected it with my tourist visa and all.

Pieter & Rene

Hi Herman,

I support your idea for a topic om "MIGRATION AGENTS".

We are using OZXchange. Ex South African that goes the extra mile. Would encourage anybody to contact them. Their offices are in Grafton.

Pieter & Rene