457 Visa

Zarina

Hi Its Zarina again

Does anyone have step by step inforamtion on the 457 visa - I am considering going this route. I have degree in Public Adminsitration and will be completing an honours degree in the same field. Your assistance is needed urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Zarina

Basically a 457 visa is that you need to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you on this visa.

Dowload the following booklet and have a read through it, quite informative. Will answer most of your questions on this visa and how it works.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1154.pdf

Hi Zarina,

The first step in applying for a 457 visa, is to get a job. You have to apply to companies that would be willing to sponsor you for this visa. It is sometimes hard, but sometimes easier than you would imagine. After you have secured a position with a sponsoring company, they will apply for your visa, and will send a list of all the documents they require.

Hope this helps, just yell if you need any more info.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi Ajay

thanx for responding -- do you think I will get a job with a Public Admin Degree in Oz?????? - what was the procedure the skills assessment - which I am intending to do with AIM --are they terribly strict witht he procedure - that is making me jittery -

bye

Dear Zarina,

Thank you for all the posts. You will note that I've moved and merged some of your posts. Someone will reply on your posts and you can only post your question once under the relevant and most suitable heading.

You can visit Australian Institute of Management for more information on a Management Skills Assessment. I don't think they are strict - it is more a matter of whether you qualify for a positive managment skills assessment or not.

Good luck!

Pippa

:holy: