Child care

ria

Hi, We are coming to Adelaide in Dec and have 3 children aged 8, 6 and 17 months. What do people do with their babies when they're at work and how do they afford it if they're not on a PR visa? It seems that my husband will either be looking after baby or paying most of his salary to put her in day care. Are there day mothers around who work from home and where does one find out about them and what does it cost? Please advise!

Hi Ria,

Very good question! I’ve heard that Day Care is very expensive. We don’t have any children as yet, but would like to start with a family after we’ve settled in Australia.

I hope that my parents are in Australia by the time I have children, as my mom would love to help out with my kids.

I suggest you contact Annette, who lives in Adelaide. I know that she’s got children and maybe she would be able to give you some advice.

Good luck!

Pippa.

:holy:

Hi Ria,

My children are too old now for child care, so luckily it's not a worry for me. I've always worked either part-time or from home though, so it's never been an issue for me. Partly, this was because the cost of childcare meant that I would have been working basically to pay someone else to raise my children, and that was not an option with which I felt comfortable..

To answer your question, Have a look at this topic of discussion on Adelaidebrits:

Child care costs on SIR visa

This should give you a very good idea of what to expect and is a subject which is often discussed on that forum... :ilikeit:

• 1 month later...

Hi All

When we come over to OZ (Sydney) next year we will have a one year old baby. Can anybody give us advice on where we to start looking for daycare for our baby.

LOGO