Feeling tender and emotional!!

Lee

Hi Guys!

I am still trying to find my way around the site. How does one reply in general to all those who have replied as opposed to posting individual replies?

Thanks to all that have replied to me and my daughters individual postings! We are both finding strenght in your support and encouragement!

We, today, completed the final step in our application by making our AUD Capital Investment - another step done, albeit an emotional one, as this is (hopefully) the last one.

Had an emotional moment today in breaking the news to my parents that as each day goes by, the move is becoming more and more of a reality. (We initially spoke about a scenario of if and when visas were approved, we would be looking at 5 years - we are now looking more at Apr 07, which is a bit daunting not only for us, but our loved ones who would remain behind). It goes without saying that many of you have been through the same thing - did you find a miracle cure for dealing with all the wobbly's? If you can share any experiences to bring the whole thing back into perspective, I would appreciate it!

Love Lee, Mark and Jess

Edited by Lee

Hi Lee

I can see - you have found the roller coaster - the ride can be really scary. Just hang on - we have been on it for 13 years and there is absolutely nothing that will entice me to ever move back to SA. Good luck with your final steps, I hope all goes well for you.

Now for your question, you don't have to necessarily thank each one that replied to your email, just either do a fastreply or a addreply at the bottom of the replies to your original email and everybody who replied will be able to go and read what you have said. You know it is like having a two way conversation, just in notes.

Mara

HI Lee,

No miracle cure for the wobblies -(great term for it, by the way) - but just hold on to the thought that you are doing this so that you, Mark and Jess can have a better life and fuller life. Those that love you would want nothing less for you. And although they will hurt about your departture, there is also almost certainly some relief and joy on their part that it is all for the best and that thye no longer have to worry about your safety and future. I know that this was true for my family (mmediate and in-laws) - they were devastated to see us go, but so happy that we were taking our boys to a place where they could walk to school, jump on a bus to visit a friend, go to the movies alone and get a place in varsity to study further - so that they can get a job when they are old enough. It softens the blow - so keep reminding yourself and your family of these things and it will help.

ALso, remember that the friends that you start making now on the forum are invaluable and will be there for you when you land - the days when you landed with nothing are behind us know thanks to internet technology. I met up with some forum friends before even leaving SA so that we could say we already knew someone in Sydney! Since then, I've made good friends with a number of our members here and that serves as a great support structure in the absence of family and life-long friends.

Stay strong!

Lots of love from Sydney

Ajay

For me, the "wobblies" came long after moving to Aus. Maybe the excitement of a new life with a new future dampened the feelings of loss & separation to a greater extent (not that I did not feel sad knowing that I would have to say goodbye, and as far as some ppl go, even had a real sob & clinging to each for dear life!) The loneliness only started to become a reality in recent months and in a sense it is worse this way as I have to deal with it alone (whereas if I was going through this before the move, I would have had my family & friends to console & support me). All I can say is that even now, going through this, I know with certainty that it is still worth it! I have good days and bad days and with time, the good days outweighs the bad ones.

Time is a wonderful cure for all kinds of emotional ailments - there is no instant cure. Take one day at a time and deal with the emotions you are experiencing each day as you go through it - don't think about how you will feel tomorrow, because tomorrow you may feel completely different.

Bruce Lee once said: "Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."