What first blew you away........

Steve

When you first landed in Australia, what was it that you found the most inspiring ? What one factor said to you, I've got to move over here/thank goodness we're here ?

For me, it was seeing the families cycling around the open areas of Perth together......not a worry in the world :whome:

For me, what sealed the deal was the the time that my husband and I got completely lost in the Darling Harbour one evening (while on an LSD) and were wondering around Chinatown - and we weren't completely terrified. We knew that we were safe and would eventually find the train station or a bus station that would take us home. The week before, when we'd been in the JHB CBD to get birth certificates for the boys, we'd had to go and draw money at the ATM at FNB in BankCity - and we were scared witless - in broad daylight.

The difference was astounding. Also, all the "help wanted" signs in all the shop windows made an impression on me.

CHeers

Ajay

That feeling that there's a huge load of your shoulders - it is difficult to describe or pinpoint it, it is just such a carefree feeling. Another thing I noticed immediately was the mix of people allover the place - a rainbownation in the true sense!

Agree with Riekie - a huge load of my shoulders and off my ankle (where the holster used to sit).

That feeling that there's a huge load of your shoulders - it is difficult to describe or pinpoint it, it is just such a carefree feeling.

:whome:

You've nailed it 100%!

:blush:

There is so many things.

No one at the robots hassling you for money or trying to sell you something. This was something to get used to :whome:

Trust is also a major thing here. It's crazy! Everybody just trusts the next guy, never mind if you don't know him.

Also, just how beautiful Cairns really is. So green and lush and beautiful, took our breath away, yeah that's it. This place is truly like a picture or post card.

The greatest thing was just to be able to WALK IN THE STREETS! ..... all hours of the day AND night ..... without having to look over my shoulder or clutch my handbag. Experiencing the feeling of being safe.

Living without burglar bars, being able to open windows and doors without worrying who will be coming in to harm me. Not having to listen to every little sound during the night.

The absolute feeling of freedom! Just love it! :whome:

The very first thing that blew me away was at passport control in Perth International. After that it just got better n better.

C'lou

Me-all alone- driving back from my business in Brisbane to the Gold Coast at one a clock in the morning without fear. Priceless!

The friendliness of the people ...

I agree - no beggars, no one harassing you when you get to the shops to look after your car. Using public transport (and it works..... and it's clean.........and it's reliable....ect...ect....)..... The list goes on :ilikeit:

Hi All,

Ditto with feeling safe and unburdoned - 1st stop (on LSD) was Perth - after being dropped off at the hotel, 1st person we talked to in the city, the receptionist - a Saffer (from Emmarentia, JHB - a couple of blocks from we lived at that stage) - we were too early to book in - we were clutching at our baggage and stuff - were told we could leave it in the baggage locker and then go and explore the city - shock and horror! After much contemplation and inspection of the baggage locker we unpacked anything valuable and draped it over our bodies and cruised through the city looking like a xmas tree - a jet lagged one at that!

We eventually relaxed with the baggage thing but it took a while - some way into the whole trip. And then the flies ...... frantically trying to get into any and every available orifice - Sheez were we swarmed! Literally hundreds of the little buggers! The rest is history as they say............

Blown away BUG

Edited by chatterbug