Airline Pilot

waggebietjie

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any one has any good advice for a qualified airline pilot wanting to relocate to Australia?

Have been looking through the forum and have not found any info applicable to pilots.

Have done the CV thing and had no replies.

Great forum.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any one has any good advice for a qualified airline pilot wanting to relocate to Australia?

Have been looking through the forum and have not found any info applicable to pilots.

Have done the CV thing and had no replies.

Great forum.

Hi there.

Its not easy to get in as a Pilot. Jetstar was here in Jan for interviews but I believe the strugle with the visas ????

Who knows - its just airline chat !!!!

Where U at the moment ?

I can ask my mate in OZ - he is a aircraft engineer, and might have some contacts.

Let me know if you want me to ask him.

EDIT - ok i just sent him an email, I will PM you when he replies, with hopefully, someone you can contact.

Edited by choog

Hi there

Are you currently flying for an airline?

Have you visited Oz? Been for any interviews?

Look 4ward 2 your reply

:ph34r:

Thanks for the Gen chook!

I've been keeping an eye on The Australian for a while now, but any other info from your friend in Oz will be greatly appreciated.

Volare - I'm based out of Cape Town for NTW, I think we have chatted before with regards to Ryanair? Please PM me.

WhiteAfrican - I do work for an Airline and we are planning a look see in Aus. I've been punting the CV's like there's no tomorrow, but I think at the end of the day one should go there and walk the ramp and settle for a job on a smaller aircraft maybe, just to get your foot in there.

The reason I ask is a good friend of mine (also a pilot) went for interviews with Jetstar (think its called this) back in Jan. It is looking good. I can try find out details from him if you are interested.

PM me if you want details or if you can send me your email address and I will ask him to email you details

Asked hubby about this today and he said he spoke to someone that said Pilot jobs are much easier to come by these days, this chap works for Qantas.

You could also thry Cathay they have Pilots based in Aus but working for them. Worth a shot!!!

Good Luck

waggebietjie - Give some more information regarding your experience... Are you instructor qualified? I work as a Ground Instructor for a major Flying School here in Adelaide, and they are always on the look for qualified flying instructors, with the possibility of direct entry into Cathay later on...

• 1 month later...
waggebietjie - Give some more information regarding your experience... Are you instructor qualified? I work as a Ground Instructor for a major Flying School here in Adelaide, and they are always on the look for qualified flying instructors, with the possibility of direct entry into Cathay later on...

Just got a job with FTA! (Flight Training Adelaide)

Anybody here working for them?

Congrats Waggebietjie!! When are you planning to come over - there are about 10 South Africans here at FTA, with another 8 on the way soon. A lot of the South Africans are in senior management in the company.