Going Back?

Hendie

Question

As much as SAAustralia (and our sisters over in Canada and the USA) is about immigration to Australia, it has become clear to me over time that "going back" is very much part of emigration/immigration. I think we deceive ourselves if we deny the fact that it (going back) is something that is present in many South Africans' minds who now call another country "home".

So, in order to give more formal support to those facing this dilemma, I felt it prudent to create this new forum, and to allow for discussion on the matter. I have to agree, it was kind of a unilateral decision on my part, and I will await the responses of the rest of the host team, which will ultimately decide whether we keep this forum or not. In the mean time, like I always say ....

Enjoy!

6 answers to this question

So, in order to give more formal support to those facing this dilemma, I felt it prudent to create this new forum, and to allow for discussion on the matter.

Great idea Hendie. I often read Moving back to the UK on the British Expats site to learn from other experiences in this regard.

That's an excellent idea Hendie. :rolleyes:

Excellent idea Hendie.

Let this silence the critics. This is a "warts and all" website.

Immigration is a life changing decision. Let people be prepared. You need to be courageous , and have the right attitude!

But it is not for everyone.

If people have given it their best shot, stuck it our for at least two -three years, and still can't find any happiness- then they should be supported in their decision to return.

Good on you! Something new and needed.

Brilliant idea also for us lot still without visas. It always brings balance to a relationship or decision to look at things from all sides. While planning to emigrate you also want to consider reasons besides the obvious (family and friends) why you would want to return to South Africa.