Montessori schools

Chazon

Hi

I found a few on Google but was hoping for personal references (you will find that not all Montessori Schools are the same manor, well in SA at least) …

The fees structures seem to be the same as in SA. Strangely I can’t seem to find any that has High school facilities, but luckily we are still several years away from that.

Chazon

My kids are at the Montessori High School in Perth. This is the oldest Montessori school in Australia.

I will enquire about the Montessori Schools in Adelaide and get back to you.

My fees in high school are about $3700 per annum per child in high school from Year 8-10 and then they go up for Year 11-12

Lower Primary and Upper primary are about the same fees structure as above , but the pre-primary is a bit more expensive, but if you are a PR then your child care subsidy usually covers the cost .

Regards

Enrica

Hi Enrica

We're also in Perth and expecting our first child in June. We're pretty interested in the Montessori approach but don't know too much about it. Could you tell me a bit more about the approach and how the school works I think its in Kingsley which is perfect cause we live there :-)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joseph

Chazon

My kids are at the Montessori High School in Perth. This is the oldest Montessori school in Australia.

I will enquire about the Montessori Schools in Adelaide and get back to you.

My fees in high school are about $3700 per annum per child in high school from Year 8-10 and then they go up for Year 11-12

Lower Primary and Upper primary are about the same fees structure as above , but the pre-primary is a bit more expensive, but if you are a PR then your child care subsidy usually covers the cost .

Regards

Enrica

Hi Joseph

My kids are at the Montessori in Kingsley, and have been for the past 5 years. They were at a Montessori pre-School in SA.

Basically the philosophy of the Montessori school is help me to help myself. It is not for everybody, as most of us from a conventional education systems want rigid rules in place. That is not the Montessori way.

You need to read a bit about Dr Maria Montessori and her principals, this is the only system of education that takes children from the age of 3.....full day.

The kids work at their own pace, so if you have a child that is bright, they progress to the next level .Most of what the kids learn is self taught with guidance from the teachers.The class are small and you have 3-6 year olds in 1 class 7-9 in one class 9-12 in one class and 13-15year olds in a class

15-17 year old in a class. Dr Montessori beleives that in society we are not segregated, so neither should children be separated. They dont wear uniforms and they dont have to wear shoes ( my 12 year old sone has not worn shoes to schoold for 5 years) . They dont have to sit at a desk to work, they can work on the floor if they so choose. There is no religious studies at school, not merit award system. Teachers are called and address by their first name - not Miss Mrs or Mr.

Children are taught to be independent from the age of 3. These kids do exceedingly well at Uni, because they have been taught to be responsabli for their action from an early age.

Go and have a look at the school when its their next open day, go and sit in on one of the classes, and deceide for yourself.

When your child is born, put your name down at the school, because the waiting lists are extremely long.

A lot of the state school are adopting soem of the principals of the Montessori Education.

My suggestion si read up a bit about the pricipals.

Good luck with the birth of the baby.

Regards

enrica