multiple sclerocis

Bobby

How does having Multiple Sclerosis affect our application for a permanent residency? We are applying on my husbands skills but we are concerned how my having MS will affect our chances. Bearing in mind that it is not a severe form of MS, but relapsing/ remitting with 1 to 2 relapses a year.

Edited by Bobby

My agent advised me to do the medical first, before the visa application. Will save the money if the medical fails, but I have met another couple with a medical problem and they did their medical after the visa app and had not problems, just needed extra reports from a Dr.

Good luck

My agent advised me to do the medical first, before the visa application. Will save the money if the medical fails, but I have met another couple with a medical problem and they did their medical after the visa app and had not problems, just needed extra reports from a Dr.

Good luck

How does having Multiple Sclerosis affect our application for a permanent residency? We are applying on my husbands skills but we are concerned how my having MS will affect our chances. Bearing in mind that it is not a severe form of MS, but relapsing/ remitting with 1 to 2 relapses a year.

Hi Wendy!

Welcome, when you get into the Health and Wellness sight, go to the bottom at the search button, and type in MS, all the correspondence wrt the subject, will then pop up.

Good Luck!

Monica

Hi there,

I hope somebody can shed a bit of light on this subject. We are currently considering migration to Australia from SA and have just started with the process of updating passports, applying for unabridged certificates etc.

My concern is being denied a visa due to medical status. My husband is on chronic medication (+-R 1500 per month), had a brain op at age 16, has high IQ and his skills are listed under shortages in Australia. His points add up to 135. He has extensive C#, Object Orienated programming, Systems architecture experience (16+ years) and is 35 years old, but skills alone doesn't automatically make you qualify.

He sees a psychiatrist every 6 months, to get his prescription renewed and that's basically as far as doctors go for him.

Unfortunately my points only add up to 110.

Has anyone been through the whole process, spending a lot of money and then being denied access due to medical reasons?

thanks

Hi there,

I hope somebody can shed a bit of light on this subject. We are currently considering migration to Australia from SA and have just started with the process of updating passports, applying for unabridged certificates etc.

My concern is being denied a visa due to medical status. My husband is on chronic medication (+-R 1500 per month), had a brain op at age 16, has high IQ and his skills are listed under shortages in Australia. His points add up to 135. He has extensive C#, Object Orienated programming, Systems architecture experience (16+ years) and is 35 years old, but skills alone doesn't automatically make you qualify.

He sees a psychiatrist every 6 months, to get his prescription renewed and that's basically as far as doctors go for him.

Unfortunately my points only add up to 110.

Has anyone been through the whole process, spending a lot of money and then being denied access due to medical reasons?

thanks

Hi there

My wife and i are starting the process, still dont know where to start, Fiona has M.S. and is on cronic medication R8500-00 per month, the medical aid is covering the full amount at this time. we are worried that if we end up going how will be elegible for cronic medication if at all,

ps....where is the best place to go for a medical??

shaun

Hi there

My wife and i are starting the process, still dont know where to start, Fiona has M.S. and is on cronic medication R8500-00 per month, the medical aid is covering the full amount at this time. we are worried that if we end up going how will be elegible for cronic medication if at all,

ps....where is the best place to go for a medical??

shaun

Hi Shaun

Why dont you pm Bobby (aka Wendy) she started this thread, and I know that she has done some enquiries, I honestly dont know what she has managed to find out though, but mayby the two of you can throw some ideas off each other.

Monica.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Wendy!

Welcome, when you get into the Health and Wellness sight, go to the bottom at the search button, and type in MS, all the correspondence wrt the subject, will then pop up.

Good Luck!

Monica

Hi Monica.

A quick question, i am asuming that on a work sponsored visa 457, medical cover for MS for my wife will have to comeout of our pockets??

could you shed light on this ?

thanx

shaun