MRS HS Balls Chutney

Stranded

:jester: Swear it is only love that get you to do things like this!

Hubby needs to know if Mrs Balls (Chutney Bob!) is in Ausieland aswell?

Stranded

Weet julle dis nou die enigste ding wat ek MOET he, Tannie Balletjies!!! Hulle beter Nooit ophou chutney maak nie!!! :hug:

Ja mens kry dit hier in Coles, naby die Tamatiesouse heel onderaan die rak, as jy dit nie sien nie vra iemand wat daar werk. Maar mens kry dit!!! :jester:

Jip jy kry by RGI supermarket ook.Kyk ons is mal oor dit :)

Ursula.

Hallo

Ons bly in 'n baie kleiiiiiin dorpie, so 250km van Brisbane, (binneland toe) en tot hier kry ons Mrs. Balls, Nando's se chillie sous, so 'n probeerslag van 'n boerewors - maar proe OK, by ons plaaslike Coles, so dit wil my al voorkom of dit nou 'n standaard produk by Coles is.

Monica.

Jip ons kry hom in onse local Coles, reg onder in die rak, amper weggesteek. Koop maklik sommer 2 op 'n slag as ek shop. So bang hulle haal dit van die raak af :lol:

:D Right,I'm going to set the cat amongst the pigeons.......No man people.......Mrs.Balls is the South African equivalent of Marmite to the British.....It's a condiment to be used extremely sparingly. No wonder the continentals describe SA food as "bludgeoned".You won't find that sludge near an Italian or French kitchen.......ha ha :)

Mr Gadget

from now on you will get Mrs Balls with

1. Spaghetti

2. Lasagne

3. Pizza

4. Eggs

you are not allowed to touch an Afrikaans instutition it's like taking an Italian's coffee away;-)

I've even got some in my fridge . . . . to find out what all the noise is about!

you are not allowed to touch an Afrikaans instutition it's like taking an Italian's coffee away;-)

It souds like Mrs Balls is more readily available in Queensland. In Sydney, the only place I can get it is at the SAfrican shop. Have other Sydneysiders managed to get it elsewhere?

SAS

I've bought Mrs Balls in Franklins. They've got in St Ives and Macquarie
I've seen it in Franklins in the Castle Mall, but not the peach one that I'm after. I've looked a couple of times at the same Franklins and they don't seem to stock any of the flavours any longer.

Which shop in Macquarie are you refferring to? Is it in the Maquarie shopping centre?

SAS

I've seen it in Franklins in the Castle Mall, but not the peach one that I'm after. I've looked a couple of times at the same Franklins and they don't seem to stock any of the flavours any longer.

Which shop in Macquarie are you refferring to? Is it in the Maquarie shopping centre?

SAS

The Coles at Warringah Mall has Mrs Balls, but not sure about the flavours - I just like the regular.

Had a barbie yesterday at home . . . . son's birthday.

had son, girlfriend, good mate and girlfriend round to kick off the evening.

Stuck Mrs. Ball's chutney on the table with all the other odds & ends.

I reckon they could get to like that stuff. They plastered enough Mrs. Ball's on their chops!

:censored: Swear it is only love that get you to do things like this!

Hubby needs to know if Mrs Balls (Chutney Bob!) is in Ausieland aswell?

Stranded

hallo hier in maitland kry ons Mrs Balls in coles.dankie tog!!!!!!!!!!!

pollie

Bob Bob Bob

Your kids must love you. :magic: Your sense of humour and adventurous side is awesome. :ilikeit: Thanks for being on the forum; you kill me on a daily basis! :ilikeit:

Stranded

Had a barbie yesterday at home . . . . son's birthday.

had son, girlfriend, good mate and girlfriend round to kick off the evening.

Stuck Mrs. Ball's chutney on the table with all the other odds & ends.

I reckon they could get to like that stuff. They plastered enough Mrs. Ball's on their chops!

Hi Bob

Welcome the the world of Mrs. Balls. Wonderfull on curry (any type) as well. I mix Mayonaise (Traditional) then half that amount of Mrs. Balls, and Tomatoe souce, and add some spice (I use Chicken Salt) makes a wonderfull dip for your chips. etc. Also try the same combination (more mayo than tomatoe and Mrs. Balls) dilute it with some water, ad some spice, throw in some chicken pieses, in the oven in a bowl with a lid, grill for about 1 and a half hour to 2 hours at about 180°, remove the lid and grill for another 30 min, and voilla, ala lazy housewife chicken dish.

Monica

Edited by Chikita

You can buy the peach variety of Mrs Balls at Stanley Street Meat Markets 15-17 Stanley Street St Ives 2075 (02) 9449 9242 they make the best biltong, droewors and boerewors. :ilikeit:

Ginnie, my wife, checked the ingredients of Mrs. Ball's and noticed it had a fair bit of fruit in it.

It certainly tastes "fruity" compared to the chutneys I've had in the past.

The beauty of it is, with all you lot shifting over here, we can get our hands on the stuff fairly readily nowadays in the High Street supermarket, so someone must be buying it.

Hey Bob - if you had real balls try the extra spicy one - bad pun I know!

Cheers

BUG