Next Durban Coffee Club

Mauritzvw

Just so you are aware... you do drive through a formal settlement to get to the gate but there has not been any problems as far as I know

Just mind the pedestrians and goats :ph34r:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mauritzvw

• Red

• Marinda N

• celeste

Top Posters In This Topic

Once in the Reserve, following the windy road all the way to the bottom, passing the pinic spot and going around the dam on the right hand side (dam on the left) you go through gates on the other side of the dam. It's a very nice spot, follow the dust road and you should see a white Getz with a Aussie flag (full size) on the back window.

Regards

B

Hey Col...

Are you coming... Becca would love to see T-D and M...

I'd love to see u too...

Ok so so far those attending are : - ourselves

- Jack

- Red

- Just B

Anybody else interested in coming along??

[

I think if there aren't any more - i don't there is a need for one - or maybe people are away?

or maybe Shongweni is too far for some?

any suggestions appreciated?

Edited by Red

Wait i think Marinda is also coming...

So then it will be 5 couples, thats ok with us.

Smartie, celeste,Romar,Wombatmuir and Flockie who of you will be attending and who wont be? Just so we can see if anyone else is interested or if we need to change it etc.

Candice

[

Wait i think Marinda is also coming...

So then it will be 5 couples,

[

Count Just b and red as together :ilikeit: one couple

LOL sorry guys didnt know..... but looking forward to meeting you on sunday..... :ilikeit:

OK - SERIOUS STUFF - IF YOU WERE PLANNING TO JOIN US ON SUNDAY AT SHONGWENI DAM - THERE SEEMS TO BE A GANG OPERATING IN THE AREA... I AM SHOUTING YES I KNOW... but i want people to read this...

I received the e mail below and think the Dam idea should be scrapped... the below did not happen at Shongweni Dam itself BUT if there is a gang in the area, we do not want to put ourselves in a position when we drive through the township to get to the picnic...

Dear Residents,

Our sympathy, thoughts and prayers go out to the Waterfall father, his young daughter

and their family after a brutal and violent attack at the dam in the sugar cane fields

adjacent to N3 within 1km of Shongweni Polo club on Sun afternoon.

Report from Ray Hemingway

The dad, daughter and their 5 dogs traveled through the cane with their

bakkie to the dam to walk the dogs.

6 BM's all young around 20yrs old attacked them, one armed with gun, others

knives.

The dad was beaten up and tied and then the daughter was raped.

She managed to untie her dad and they sought assistance at Shongweni club.

Ray was contacted and alerted police etc to respond. Ray also managed to get

an off-duty female police officer to book back on duty and she attended to the young

girl and took statements etc.

The suspects made their getaway in the bakkie which was found later at Salem

township near Shongweni Dam, following a tip off to Ray, who alerted the police

and went with them to locate the vehicle and criminals. Unfortunately no arrests yet.

This is the third serious incident in the cane in last 3 months.

We had a similar incident involving young BM's who attacked Elsa Norris's husband at

the JB McIntosh dam late 2007.

We had the young cyclists attacked by a group of young BM's under bridge of M13

with spears and knives in Jan.

And now the rape.

Please will everyone stay out of the cane and away from the dams!

Even if these suspects are caught, you are still at major risk due to your isolation and

ease at which criminals can attack and escape.

Pls warn all outriders, trainers, livery yards, cyclists, walkers, runners and their clubs.

Thanks,

That is bad, Marinda, and Jack are u still keen?? and Red, should we move it then to somewhere else?

OK - SERIOUS STUFF - IF YOU WERE PLANNING TO JOIN US ON SUNDAY AT SHONGWENI DAM - THERE SEEMS TO BE A GANG OPERATING IN THE AREA... I AM SHOUTING YES I KNOW... but i want people to read this...

I received the e mail below and think the Dam idea should be scrapped... the below did not happen at Shongweni Dam itself BUT if there is a gang in the area, we do not want to put ourselves in a position when we drive through the township to get to the picnic...

Dear Residents,

Our sympathy, thoughts and prayers go out to the Waterfall father, his young daughter

and their family after a brutal and violent attack at the dam in the sugar cane fields

adjacent to N3 within 1km of Shongweni Polo club on Sun afternoon.

Report from Ray Hemingway

The dad, daughter and their 5 dogs traveled through the cane with their

bakkie to the dam to walk the dogs.

6 BM's all young around 20yrs old attacked them, one armed with gun, others

knives.

The dad was beaten up and tied and then the daughter was raped.

She managed to untie her dad and they sought assistance at Shongweni club.

Ray was contacted and alerted police etc to respond. Ray also managed to get

an off-duty female police officer to book back on duty and she attended to the young

girl and took statements etc.

The suspects made their getaway in the bakkie which was found later at Salem

township near Shongweni Dam, following a tip off to Ray, who alerted the police

and went with them to locate the vehicle and criminals. Unfortunately no arrests yet.

This is the third serious incident in the cane in last 3 months.

We had a similar incident involving young BM's who attacked Elsa Norris's husband at

the JB McIntosh dam late 2007.

We had the young cyclists attacked by a group of young BM's under bridge of M13

with spears and knives in Jan.

And now the rape.

Please will everyone stay out of the cane and away from the dams!

Even if these suspects are caught, you are still at major risk due to your isolation and

ease at which criminals can attack and escape.

Pls warn all outriders, trainers, livery yards, cyclists, walkers, runners and their clubs.

Thanks,

Any suggestions to a new venue??

That is bad, Marinda, and Jack are u still keen?? and Red, should we move it then to somewhere else?

Ok so so far those attending are : - ourselves

- Jack

- Red

- Just B

Anybody else interested in coming along??

Will check with DH and let you know tomorrow - Penni

[

Hi all.

The idea of a braai at Shongweni was really good, but after reading those articles, I do not think i want to go. :thumbdown::ph34r:

Maybe the gardens again, im just thinking that if it worked in the past and everyone was comfortable and safe and the kids were happy and entertained then

we should stick to Botanical Gardens.. I am open to other suggestions. I would like to come. and meet the others. :ilikeit:

Ok we keen for botanical gardens should we do a picnic like before?

Some unforseen problems rock up, so I won't be attending the meeting. Sorry you guys! I was really looking forward to go.

Kind regards,

Marinda

Hi Guys

sorry been so scarce, just been busy and not much time to catch up. Been reading the updates and i believe Shongweni is off, due to the latest crimes happening there. Cant even have a little get together on a weekend, BRING ON OZ anyway i wont start about that.

My wife and i dont mind where it is, we will go anywhere, just really want to put some faces to names here. so please someone just make a call, then people can confirm if they coming, and then hopefully have a good day out!

anway going to hold it right there, as the storie about father and daughter just gets me going.... read it on news24.... just got over it, now im @#$%^^& off again.

Be really cool to meet all the peoples

thanks

Jonathan

Should we say Botanical Gardens, bring your own picnic etc and meet at 13h00? Not sure where u guys met exactly at Botanical Gardens but I think it was near the duck pond????

Candice

Hi Guys

The crimes are horrendous and it is supposed to be a safe place for paying families to go - been there several times.

Bot gardens is fine with me (but must check with hubby) or alternatively another venue that has worked before is Amarula coffee shop in Dawcliffe Westville, a little closer to home for the people who live up the hill. There are sandpits with spades etc and jungle gym equipment for the kids so plenty of entertainment. Personally i enjoy the nature experience of bot gardens but just concerned about the hillcrest people.

What is the date again - the 9th?

Hi Celeste, yes the date was the 9th- Amarula was also nice, maybe we should all reply saying where we would all prefer to have it?? :ilikeit::thumbdown:

Hi Guys

The crimes are horrendous and it is supposed to be a safe place for paying families to go - been there several times.

Bot gardens is fine with me (but must check with hubby) or alternatively another venue that has worked before is Amarula coffee shop in Dawcliffe Westville, a little closer to home for the people who live up the hill. There are sandpits with spades etc and jungle gym equipment for the kids so plenty of entertainment. Personally i enjoy the nature experience of bot gardens but just concerned about the hillcrest people.

What is the date again - the 9th?

I'd prefer bot gardens cos we can take our own picnic and enjoy the green trees and oxygen but not if it will be difficult for people in Hillcrest..kloof gorge is another good venue as the picnic site is right there by the parking lot with a couple of parks board style guards but perhaps some of us are a little nervous of the bush at the moment. We don't have many days left to make the decision so please guys post your preferences as soon as possible.

cheers

L

Would also prefer Botanical gardens

i like Bot gardens too, but do you think we could stick to the 11 o clock time slot?

It is with great pleasure to announce that our visums have been granted. I really would have like to join a gathering with all you to put some faces with the names. But with a little bit of luck maybe we will meet in person in OZ. Good luck to all of you still waiting, because I know what this waiting can do to your nerve system. Hope we can still keep contact via the forum. Candice I see that you are from Brighton Beach. Where about in Brighton Beach are you? Because we live in Marine Drive. So we might be neigbours and won't even know it!

Good Luck and bye for now.

Regards,

Marinda

It is with great pleasure to announce that our visums have been granted.

Congratulations!!!

When did you lodge by the way?

Hi All

I know this doesn't fit into the coffe club, but for those of you who read our posts about cancelling Shongweni because of crime etc, please read the e mail i received today.

The 6 suspects that were arrested for the rape and assault of a 21 year old girl and her father are to appear in the PINETOWN MAGISTRATES COURT tomorrow @ 8:30am. We plan to stage a MASS PROTEST outside with candles and placards with POWAR = PROTECT OUR WOMEN AGAINST RAPE

PLEASE SEND THIS EMAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.

They will be taken from Hillcrest SAP at around 8am, we plan to try and follow the police vehicle from there.

Please NOTE: This is not a protest, but a silent stand - no shouting - just candles and signs and silence! Important - please pass on. Thanks for you support!!!