Real friends in Australia

Dedrei

21 members have voted

1. 1. 1. (a) From what country are your closest friends as a COUPLE, real friends you have a barbie with and visit at their homes and see possibly more than once a month?

• Australia
    • UK
    • New Zealand
    • Asian
    • Europeans
    • South Africa
    • Any other
  2. 2. (b) Are they more or less in the same age group as you?

• Yes
    • No, they are much older
    • No, they are much younger
  3. 3. 2. (a) From what country are your closest friends as an INDIVIDUAL, real friends you have a barbie with and visit at their homes and see possibly more than once a month?

• Australia
    • UK
    • New Zealand
    • Asian
    • European
    • South Africa
    • Any other
  4. 4. (b) From your personal friends, Are they more or less in the same age group as you?

• Yes
    • No, much older
    • No, no much younger

Was just thinking about this one, would be quite interesting to see what everyone's experiences are.

Please take the time to answer these ones, just curious :blush:

:ilikeit:

It would be more accurate if we could select multiple fields though. Our closest friends (as a couple) are the couple that used to live in the house that we rented - they moved down the road and we kept in touch and the friendship has grown from there. However, I have many other close girlfriends that I have met through work that I go out with for dinner, girls nights etc. and hubby also has good friends at work. Three of my closest girlfriends are Australian, and three South African. At the end of the day, it's probably too early to decide who'll have longevity as friends though.

It'll be interesting to see what the other responses, but ultimately, I don't know how accurate it'll be.

Love

Ajay

Fixed up, hope this works

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi Dedrei,

Can't answer this one yet - haven't been here long enough. I suspect after about 2 years in Oz I will be able to come back to this one for you. :ilikeit:

Love

SS

:blush:

Very interesting! Being an expat among many here in Abu Dhabi, I have developed a number of "microwave" friendships. Some are proving to be just "good aquaintances" and others "real friends". I count among my regular group of friends an Albanian, an Australian, a Canadian, an American and a Scottish lady and one lass from Yorkshire! My two closest are the first two - the lady from Albania and the lady from Melbourne in Oz!