Do we have any representation in Tasmania?

chatterbug

Hi All,

Just a thought - the other day I said to someone that our forum has rep's from all over Aus. Then it got me thinking - I have not seen any posts from anyone in Tasmania. I think it is a shame, if this is true.

Maybe we could start an effort to get one Tassie rep on our forum?? And if they do have two heads - as the saying goes - isn't that better than one? For forum purposes that is! Just think of all the output we could get from them.

Isn't it weird how Tassie just seems to be so "forgotten" and almost "irrelevant" to the average mainland Australian? Come on now - who knows anybody in Tassie, and then the more difficult ask, who knows a Saffer in Tassie? The closest I come to that is that I love Boags beer and their cheeses (do they have internet down there or are they still on posduiwe, hehe. Ok I'll stop fooling around ;) )

OK let's see how long it takes to get a member from Tasmania? Up for the challenge?

Tassie Devil BUG :whome:

Edited by chatterbug

Well, put it this way. I don't think there is a state in Australia where we HAVEN'T applied for a job... including Tassie!

Guest colton

I know someone who went over to Tasmania in January I think. Her hubby got assigned for a two year contract, he is some big shot with Alusaf. Sorry hubby would know more, I'm never really interested in what position you hold, but I can guarantee that they are the nicest people. I'll see if I can contact her.

You probably forget about Tassie if you live in the other states of Australia, but if you live in Victoria, you definitely know they are there! Lovely place, could be a twin to New Zealand in looks and atmosphere.

Hi Mara,

I agree it apparently is beautiful - I'd love to go for a holiday - up there on my wish list - we might go next year. But that't about where it stops with most! Getting a Saffer from Tassie onto this forum, now there is a challenge! BTW do we have someone from Darwin?

C'BUG

C'bug,

I don't know anyone as yet, but a guy who is working for my dad has taken up a position with one of the mines.

He should be there within six months...

Colton,

Please share the name of the guy from Alusaf...

Lekker middag!

D :ilikeit:

Edited by Danie

Guest colton

Sorry Danie

Asked his wife and she said they would prefer not to be discussed on any forum. Really sorry about that but they don't want to be part of the forum. A little sad I suppose because they might have some good advice for us still waiting. She is a really private person and I think she felt a little over whelmed. I did give her the website so maybe she is looking in on us and will one day pop up and give us her perspective.