Lost "cat" in Australia

Tobold

The story is that this poster was put up by Japanese students. I don't know if that's true, but it's amusing, nonetheless. :ilikeit:

LostCat.jpg

seriously doubt it ...1900 numbers well thats not a good number if you get the idea :D

seriously doubt it ...1900 numbers well thats not a good number if you get the idea :blink:

Yeah, clearly a joke, but I suppose there could still be students behind it? Students sometimes get up to these types of things in other countries.

Guest Mauritz
Its a possum!

These possums are 'weird' little animals. In one of my 'workshops' I had a radio. One day I was busy with something, stuck my hand out to 'jump start' the radio and suddenly the 'radio' felt very alive. A possum mum with a baby on the back 'moved in' behind the radio. I could touch them - no problem. They lived there forever - when I moved, I left the radio there and explained the situation to the new owners. This 'cat' and its baby was definitely house trained - I never saw or smelled anything in the shed.

I've never seen a real live possum before, tho I think I have seen pics of American ones (which looked longer and thinner). Are they found all over Australia?

I've never seen a real live possum before, tho I think I have seen pics of American ones (which looked longer and thinner). Are they found all over Australia?

found on the south eastern side eg Victoria to Queensland

When I was in Melbourne, you could find them sleeping in the parks. Apparently they are a bit of a nuisance, and you can see rings of plastic around some of the tree trunks there to make it difficult for them to climb up. They are very cute and docile, from what I could tell.

I photographed them while there, in one of the parks (near the Victoria market):

Possums-Small.jpg

They are so cute and small but i am sure they can bite very sore :ilikeit:

Ursula.