Ready to immigrate

Battiss

Hi there all!

2 Rookies from KZN - Kloof - and twin kidlets (almost 2 years) ready to immigrate to OZ!

Husband in telecommunications and I'm a long-ago-teacher, now full-time mom.

Discovered your awesome forum and it's become a daily "fix".

Just read Ta' Mossie asking/saying it's all-consuming.. this whole process that is.. yes! It's like that for us too!!

Waking up at night, thinking, planning, worrying, with a zillion questions and... I think everyone here has been

through/ are going through the same thing. The forum is proving to be invaluable.

Husband going to OZ seminar in Durban tonight, so we should have more info, but we'll be asking loads of questions soon.

I see there are some ex Hillcrest/Kloof and Howick folks on here too, over there now.

Did you all try and find similar climates (mist etc) as here or did you go where work opportunities took you?

Is it true that most Saffers live in Perth?

And also, generally speaking - what are the kindergartens like over there?

Looking forward to more chats :ilikeit:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Dont know what the kindies are like but I do know that they cost R10000 a month per child!!!!!!!!!

Anyway enjoy the forums

Jordy

Hello and welcome! :ilikeit:

I almost thought I'd find an artist in this thread (going over with a Fookian passport). <_<

All the best with your application and the new adventure!

Mark

Edited by Tobold

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Dont know what the kindies are like but I do know that they cost R10000 a month per child!!!!!!!!!

Anyway enjoy the forums

Jordy

Not if you have PR status.

Kindergarten upwards is free then.

Not if you have PR status.

Kindergarten upwards is free then.

Are you serious? that is such great news!!!!! Yipeee!

Hi and thanks for the response - made me feel welcome! :ilikeit:

Well... if R20 000 is what I'm looking at, I'd better start selling off the Battiss collection!

Artist yes.. Fookian passports.. not(!), but wouldn't that be cool if they were accepted?! LOL!

Ta Gizmo.. by heart is beating again.

Jordy, did you get my reply to your 100 Step List? A winner!

Here's a first question: unless I've not read the forum from top to bottom.. I've not really seen anyone mention PR anywhere?

A friend told us that friends of theirs paid R30 000 through some agency and now they have PR - for them and 2 kids.

Does that sound right? Is that easier (or at all possible) than the whole visa route??

Has anyone done that?

Ta, looking forward to some feedback.

Welcome!

We came to Perth because we had some friends here and some family was moving here. We love it here.

You don't get mist in Perth.

The state run Kindergartens are free even if you are on a temporary 457 visa.

They start Kindy in the year they turn 4. They either do 2 full school days (8:50am - 2:50pm) a week or 4 mornings a week (it depends on the school).

http://www.det.wa.edu.au/education/ece/enrolments.html

There are 3yr old programmes for the year before they go to Kindy. They go once a week for 2.5hrs. Our local one costs about $17 a session.

There are lots of playgroups which mom's go to with the kids and can have a coffee and kids can play. They cost about about $3 a session plus an annual insurance fee. The session are normally 2hrs long. http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au/wa/go/home

Hi there all!

2 Rookies from KZN - Kloof - and twin kidlets (almost 2 years) ready to immigrate to OZ!

Husband in telecommunications and I'm a long-ago-teacher, now full-time mom.

Discovered your awesome forum and it's become a daily "fix".

Just read Ta' Mossie asking/saying it's all-consuming.. this whole process that is.. yes! It's like that for us too!!

Waking up at night, thinking, planning, worrying, with a zillion questions and... I think everyone here has been

through/ are going through the same thing. The forum is proving to be invaluable.

Husband going to OZ seminar in Durban tonight, so we should have more info, but we'll be asking loads of questions soon.

I see there are some ex Hillcrest/Kloof and Howick folks on here too, over there now.

Did you all try and find similar climates (mist etc) as here or did you go where work opportunities took you?

Is it true that most Saffers live in Perth?

And also, generally speaking - what are the kindergartens like over there?

Looking forward to more chats :whome:

Here's a first question: unless I've not read the forum from top to bottom.. I've not really seen anyone mention PR anywhere?

A friend told us that friends of theirs paid R30 000 through some agency and now they have PR - for them and 2 kids.

Does that sound right? Is that easier (or at all possible) than the whole visa route??

Has anyone done that?

Hi and welcome!!

You gotta be joking not having read anyting about PR, maybe it's just the termonology (spelling??) Your friends applied for a visa as do any/all migrants to Australia they just used an Agent to guide the way. Many forumies did the whole application etc themselves.

PR = Permanent Residency Visa i.e. 176/175/ etc

The 457 is a Temporary Residency Visa with a term of 3months to 4 years and can be renewed. To be ellegible for this visa you have to get a job offer in AUstralia from a company willing to sponsor you.

Maybe a suggestion if I may, and if those two little ones give you a chance, have a read on the Australian immi web as well. Be warned its a lot of reading and searching and reading.

Good luck

N

Hi There

Another option for a PR visa is the RSMS (Regional sponsored Migrations Scheme) 119 visa option have a look at that one and it is quicker than the 176/175, almost as fast as the 457 maybe, hoepfully a month longer

Nicki

You gotta be joking not having read anyting about PR, maybe it's just the termonology (spelling??) Your friends applied for a visa as do any/all migrants to Australia they just used an Agent to guide the way. Many forumies did the whole application etc themselves.

PR = Permanent Residency Visa i.e. 176/175/ etc

Hi Nilo and Nicky - thanks for the feedback and apologies for the 'stupid' question - I guess I had not been reading enough before THE question. We are going the 175 route and I've since become a bit wiser. Found a great agent, the ball is slowly rolling.

Quick one Nilo: I saw someone ask re $100 000 being sufficient - what is your take on that - specifically regarding Brisbane?

We are looking at renting a 2/3 bedroom spot - could you give me an "average" price range for rentals in that region? Are there any nice areas I should look at or that you could suggest? Sorry for all the questions and thanks :blink: