457 Info and assistance

v1nc3nt

Hi All

I have been viewing this site for a while now and must say that I have found it to be the most valuable source of information about moving to Oz that I have found on the net. ( Anyone i hear that wants to move to Oz, I direct to this site)

I hope that someone can be of assistance.

I have for the past year or so been trying to find sponsorship (457) in the IT/Linux/Open source industry. I have been doing applications on seek daily (too many to mention). I tend to get a large response from companies saying that they would like to meet me, but when they realise that I am still in SA, they say I must contact them only when I get there. I do however state on my cover letter that I will be in need of sponsorship. I have also done a few telephonic interviews, but then hear that a local candidate was found.

I really am desperate to get to OZ as I have 3 young daughters that i would love to give a better life than they currently have. Locked behind high walls and security gates and unable to play in the park without fear.

Is there anything else I can do toi make myself look more appealing to employers, is there maybe some other way of contacting them?

I thanks you for all your help and know i will get valuable information from you

Vincent

vincent_resume.doc

cover_letter.doc

Hi All

I have been viewing this site for a while now and must say that I have found it to be the most valuable source of information about moving to Oz that I have found on the net. ( Anyone i hear that wants to move to Oz, I direct to this site)

I hope that someone can be of assistance.

I have for the past year or so been trying to find sponsorship (457) in the IT/Linux/Open source industry. I have been doing applications on seek daily (too many to mention). I tend to get a large response from companies saying that they would like to meet me, but when they realise that I am still in SA, they say I must contact them only when I get there. I do however state on my cover letter that I will be in need of sponsorship. I have also done a few telephonic interviews, but then hear that a local candidate was found.

I really am desperate to get to OZ as I have 3 young daughters that i would love to give a better life than they currently have. Locked behind high walls and security gates and unable to play in the park without fear.

Is there anything else I can do toi make myself look more appealing to employers, is there maybe some other way of contacting them?

I thanks you for all your help and know i will get valuable information from you

Vincent

Clearly you are struggling a bit.. 3 choices:

Go on an LSD trip, make appointments, and go to interviews.

check on skills and see if you can apply for a PR

get an agent to assist you, PT LAbs, on the forum is a good bet.

Regards

Scott