ANYBODY FROM WAGA WAGA?

Gavin and Chantell

I would like to know if anyone on this forum is from Waga Waga,or if any one has been there?

If you have,please email me direct.I may have an opportunity for employment and need some information please?

Thank you

Gavin

Edited by Gavin and Chantell

Hi Gavin,

I'm not from Wagga, but have just spent the Queen's Birthday long weekend there.

Wagga is a typical country town and has the 'feel' in size of George in the Cape in SA. Wagga is known as the largest inland town in New South Wales. I think the population is around 57000 - I'm guessing on this one though.

I notice you were originally from Middelburg in SA. Is this Middelburg in the Transvaal? I don't think Wagga is as big as Middelburg Tvl. Where in NZ are you currently? Whangarei in NZ could also be a comparison in 'feel' to Wagga.

Wagga is close to the New South Wales Snowy mountains and the ski fields.

I hope this gives you a bit more information. If there's anything more you would like to know, PM me. I can always rope hubby in on this one.

SAS

Been there quite a few times. I think the town has some 100k people, it has a uni, a few SA'ns, a few SA'ns close to you in Griffith and Leeton. What more specific do you want to know?

Thanks for the replies above,and my apologies for replying so late...

Yes,I am originally from Middelburg in the Transvaal.Currently living in Napier -Hawkes Bay.

If any of you have been to Napier in New Zeland,how would Wagga compare?

Wagga sounds like a small town? What sort of entertainment is there,shopping centres/malls,enetrtainment for young people?

How far is the nearest city or reasonable sized town that has anything worth while if Wagga has none of these?

Have any of you by chance taken photo's of anything while you were there that you would not mind emailing to me?

I know this is alot of questions,I just need as much info as possible.i have been on the web site,but that in general just gives you numbers and places of inerest of historic value etc.

My personal email is: kylegav@kol.co.nz

Gavin,

You wont need any shops, everything is there. Griffith has everything that we need, but the women in this town usually do a monthly trip to Wagga for clothing and hat and shoe related stuff, stuff that I dont have any knowledge of. Keep in mind that the town has about 60k people (not 100k as I mentioned earlier), and that means 60k people with money to spend, unlike the RSA towns with about 20% of the population that has money to spend.

I think Wagga's amount and diversity of shops is about the same as Canberra, or perhaps better. And if you really want to do shopping in a city, hop on the Rex airline to Sydney, in about 2 hours or less you would be in Sydney CBD. But trust me, you wont go there for shopping, Wagga has everything.

The town itself is nice, with a beautiful Main Street, and it is well planned and progressive. Do not think it is a backward town, all the towns in the Riveriena is rapidly growing - while most of the rest of the country is in a property slump, we are still going strong, which means that if you buy a house, your investment is secure.

According to me one of the best characteristics of the Riveriena is that it is a very multicultural region, immigrants are welcomed mostly with open arms, and you are seen as an Aussie from start, not all the questions you face in other towns, where you actually stand out like a " seer vinger".

If you have children, the schools there have a very good reputation, as has the University.

Wagga doesnt have a lot of problems as towns like Dubbo and Orange have, it is quite stable. And it is also quite beautiful.

And the best thing of Wagga is - you are about 200km away from the best town in the world - Griffith!

Edited by otto

Just out of interest, what job did you get in Wagga? It seems like a nice little town!

Nothing is official yet,it was just an interview but I need to get information in case it progresses further...

Gavin,

You wont be sorry in going to Wagga, it's a lovely town.