God has a plan for all of us

owenss

Hi All,

Like I said ,God has a plan for all of us. When we decided to emigrate,we didnt want to go against Gods will. We prayed about it and asked God to open the necessary doors and close them if it wasnt His ordained plan for us.Well I truly believe since we started the whole planning thing ,that Gos's hand has been on it all.Our skills were accredited without one hiccup,we got all the documeation from home affairs sooner than expected,our application went in on the 24 July 2007 (wanted to send it a bit earlier but was waiting for hubby to write a letter),CO assigned 3Dec nad visa granted on the 25 Jan 2008.

Now if that doesnt prove over and over again that there is an Almighty God ,then I dont know zip...we expected to get a CO in May 2008 and only get a grant letter in Dec 2008 or early 2009. So look what God can do if it is His ultimate plan for you.

Today,without even thinking,I went to pick up our passports after evidencing. Now you can only collect between 1:30 and 4 and I was there at 10:00.Have no idea how strict they are on this. I prayed that I wouldnt be sent away as it was to early to collect...couldnt face driving home another 50 kms only to come back again. Once again ,God came thru and I collected passports without a hassle. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

We now have to sell our house as ideally I would like to be on Oz before the 3rd school term begins.I have been praying for a buyer (preferably cash?????)by the end of Feb and believe it will be another one for God :ilikeit:

Now many people believe in fate and that things happen for a reason....but do they really know that GOD is the reason.

Dont become despondent if things arent moving fast enough for you or the way you have planned,because if Jesus is the pathmaker then your path will be made straight.

If I think back to 1998 when we initially decided to go to Oz..I realize that We didnt put God in the centre(we werent Christians then you see)and nothing

jelled .

Listen to what He is trying to tell you.

God Bless

Eileen

So look what God can do if it is His ultimate plan for you.

Amen!!!

We've had the same, your road will be made level if you TRUST God to pave it for you, and if you do His devine will!!

I agree. Since our process started He has been with us every step of the way.

Eileen, it sounds like you may enjoy The Dreamgiver by Bruce Wilkinson. We bought the DVD and it helped us immensely to recognize God's hand in every detail of our migration process.

Regards, Sunflower

Eileeen, you hit it on the nail!

When we started this process I wanted things to work according to my plans! hehe you know that hey?

But I have learned a big lesson through all of this - God's schedule does not fit in with mine and everything will happen when it is supposed to.

I can also say that we have been very lucky during this process.

Thanks for the inspirational thread.

Nats

Hi Eileen,

I can only agree with your statement. If God is in the middle of your everything then it won't spin out of control.

There's much more I can say, but well done to you and Chris for acknowledging His hand in your lives.

All the best for your family's new life in Oz.

Dagse

Stem saam met almal "JY SAL KRY WAT JY MOET KRY ,WANNEER JY DIT MOET KRY!!!!" Wil net se ons het ons emmigrasie ook n gebed saak gemaak en die HERE het die deure wat moes oop ,oop gemaak en die ander toe wat moes toe.

Wag net vir daai "VISAS GRANTED" so ek en JOB is nou maats.

Baie sterkte en voorspoed.

Alex@Daleen

Ai, ek het dit al sooo baie gesien hoe ons gelei word. Maar ek skop maar teen die prikkels en wil dinge net laat werk soos ek nou mooitjies beplan het. Tot Hy my mooi sagkens in ander rigting aandui en die voordele daarvan helder en duidelik uitstaan, tot my voordeel.

Hierdie visa proses is seker een van die beste lewenslesse wat ek in my ganse lewe geleer het.

Beste wense vir julle almal

WIlna

We pray together as a family everynight asking for Gods guidance during our possible move to Australia and also thank HIM for the wonderful opportunity to better our lives as I feel for the many people will be left in SA... :)

Eileen,

I'm always a little dubious about folk who claim to have a "hotline" from God. I worry that if I prayed for all things to turn out exactly as I'd like, then God just becomes another "vending machine" dispensing goods on demand.

My daughter prayed that she'd get into Medicine. She sat the exam in July, only getting 49% for her efforts. Others got over 80%.

She got to the interview stage in October and was offered a place last month.

She sang the praises of God leading her all the way.

Now she's home, seeing all her mates and having a great time socially, she wants to study in Adelaide instead of interstate where she knows nobody, so is shying away from doing Medicine in favour of Occupational Therapy in Adelaide.

I was wondering where her determination in all this was. When things are great, we stick to the plan, but when things don't suit us any longer we change course in Life.

My grandmother lived all thro the Blitz in London in the early 1940s. My grandfather died in 1943, leaving her a widow.

She prayed that God would see her safely through the daily bombing. Houses all around were destroyed.

She opened her Bible and the page said "A thousand will fall at your left hand, ten thousand at your right hand, but you will not be touched"

My grandmother, and my mother survived. They were not touched.

However, I wonder how many other widows read the same page, prayed the same prayer only to be killed outright.

Their story cannot be told because they are no longer around to testify to God's amazing safety shield!

So . . . . . there is an element of scepticism to all of this, I find.

When things don't go right, when they don't succeed, when the harvest does fail and the orchard doesn't bear fruit, we must still remember that Life without God has no purpose . . . . no meaning. Everything is just random, without order.

That is the time . . . . in our weakest moments . . . that we can say "Where else is there to go?? Who else to turn to??"

You've got to have been in the "wilderness" in your Life, at some stage, to appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest natalie3
Yes our experience is the same.

Amen :blush:

I believe God wants me to leave this country..i realised this when i heard the story of the man in the flood...when the waters reached his knees and a dingy boat came by...the people called to him "get in!..the waters are rising"...he refused saying "God will save me"...then he had to climb onto his balcony..again a boat came by..."hurry..climb in or u will drown" said a lady.."No...God will save me" said the man...

Eventually he was on his roof!..and a helicopter dropped a rope down to him "Grab the rope!" screamed a rescue worker..."NOOOO!" screamed the man.."God WILL save me..".

Of course..the man drowned...

On arrival at the gates ..St Peter asked him what he was doing there as he wasnt due to arrive for some years...

"I dont know" said the man...

"I really had faith that God would save me!"...

St Peter smiled and said..."He sent u a dingy,a boat AND a helicopter!...what more did u want!?"

This is how i see immigration..it is my helicopter..and we should all be grateful that we are capable of leaving.(have enough money..skills..health etc)

prayers to all!

Natalie

I also do believe that this opportunity is our dingy boat and helicopter. My husband though is a bit sceptic. But I've got pease and calmness, with the great believe that God will convince him to go.

Yesterday, so many things happend to make him change his mind, and I get so excited seeing God's hand in working . . .

Patiantly I'm waiting for God's plan to reveal . . .

Liggie

Guest natalie3
Natalie

I also do believe that this opportunity is our dingy boat and helicopter. My husband though is a bit sceptic. But I've got pease and calmness, with the great believe that God will convince him to go.

Yesterday, so many things happend to make him change his mind, and I get so excited seeing God's hand in working . . .

Patiantly I'm waiting for God's plan to reveal . . .

Liggie

Hi Liggie

I had exactly the same problem with my hubby..i wanted to go but he didnt...all of a sudden ..boem he says "u better organise our passports..because if zuma becomes president we are leaving!"...and then..the ANC conference happended and a week later there we were standing at home affairs!

Give it time and prayer and he will change overnight!

P.s,,always helpful to play the "our children" card :unsure:

Hi Natalie

I've tried that one (our children card) :whome: , but you see, he is 45 years old. He's afraid of the risk. But I'm at peace, cause I know God is in control . . .

Hi Natalie

I've tried that one (our children card) :) , but you see, he is 45 years old. He's afraid of the risk. But I'm at peace, cause I know God is in control . . .

Thats right guys, God is in control and as soon as we as mere mortals realize that, the better.Nothing goes right if we are in control,we need to hand over the reigns and say "in your time God".Only His timing is perfect,so dont rush guys....God knows where you are and what your desires are.

God Bless.

Eileen