Intro from Newbies!

Trevor&Anelle

Hi everyone!

We are currently looking at emigrating, the question is just WHERE?

My dh is a chemical (process) engineer in the pulp and paper industry (so if anyone has any contacts/links that would be MUCH appreciated), I am a SAHM and we have 6 sons (5 bio, one adopted - actually we are waiting for the final papers to come through).

I was up reading, reading, reading here until 3am this morning! What a wealth of info!

I'm scooting over to the general section, because I have a bit of a controversial ? to ask!

Anelle

Hi Anelle

And welcome to the forum. If you want to start by looking at what jobs are available where, you can try searching the job sites like www.seek.com.au, mycareer.com.au or www.careerone.com.au.

Hope this helps you a bit and good luck with the application process.

RoMar

Ahhh - found you!

Welcome Anelle!

I had no idea you were already in the process! (I'm the same Gizmo from BN BTW. :ilikeit: )

When did you guys apply and for which visa?

We applied in September for the 175. Unfortunately it was a paper application, but I am hopeful that we will get a CO allocated soon.

Considering your SA home-life, I really think you should give Bob on the forum a shout. He lives on a small-holding on the outskirts of Aderaide.

It seems strange, but whenever I read Bob's descriptions of his home-life and where he lives, it totally reminds me of you guys!

Michelle

Hello and welcome! :hug:

I wish you all the best with your application, and the new adventure ahead!

Mark

Hi Anelle,

And welcome to the forum!

I also have that question, of where to go to settle in Aus? I have ideas of places that I like the (www) looks of - Tasmania and South Aus, for instance I like the sounds of most things Bob has said about his location - but that does not necessarily mean that we will find work there or be able to settle there.

We are applying for a 175 visa, and the freedom that it gives you to settle where you wish will probably give me more worries than having a place lined up, I think. Maybe I'm funny that way :)

But, keep up the postings,

TerMel

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Best of luck with the preparations, and all the decisions... :)

Okay - WELCOME here!!

You deserve a medal for SIX SONS!!! and staying at home!! And then you also deserve a medal for being married to a chemical engineer!! :) (My husband is also one!) I assume your husband is working for SAPPI?

We were in Australia on holiday in 2004 (went for the Grand Prix) and my husband were just searching for smoke stacks :) According to him... that's where the money is!

Hi everyone!

We are currently looking at emigrating, the question is just WHERE?

My dh is a chemical (process) engineer in the pulp and paper industry (so if anyone has any contacts/links that would be MUCH appreciated), I am a SAHM and we have 6 sons (5 bio, one adopted - actually we are waiting for the final papers to come through).

I was up reading, reading, reading here until 3am this morning! What a wealth of info!

I'm scooting over to the general section, because I have a bit of a controversial ? to ask!

Anelle

Hi,

Try this website http://www.visy.com.au/

Good luck

Pieter