Newbie in Oz

koz

Hello All

Arrived in Perth about a month ago on 457 visa. So far so good. Had a brief browze at some of the info and I'm so glad I'm not alone!

Any pointers about how to go about applying for permanent residency would be much apreciated.

Cheers

Welcome here! I hear it is extremely hot in Perth nowadays!

We are going straight away for PR, so I am not sure if it has the exact same requirements. I think so - the only difference is that you should have most of your documents already!

Welcome to the forum!!!

You've come to the right place to help get you that desired PR!!! :)

Have a look at the following site www.immi.gov.au then look under workers, there are various visa options. Your application will be onshore and your choice will be influenced whether your work is willing to sponsor you or not.

Don't know what your skills and if you've had them assessed in Auz already.

Have a look at the document check list of each visa, that should give you an idea which documents you should start collecting.

Hope this at least gets you started!!

:grads:

Hi Koz

And welcome to the forum - sorry I can't answer your question - but I'm sure that there are a lot of other forumites who will be able to give you all the advice you need.

I wish you the best of luck.

RoMar

Hi All

Thanks for the welcome and advice.

I'm still completing a degree in natural science (not exactly on the list of skills shortages...) through UNISA - will be another 2 years part time.

Partner was sponsored with job in family business...so I should imagine that PR is going to be a bit tricky and/or will take a while.

Will take it one step at a time.