New Members

didl

Hello All,

We are new on the Forum. Have been studying all the info for quite some time ( more me than my husband).

We have 2 children and as most of "young" couples decided to make a big move. This will be my 2nd move as I moved to SA 10 years ago.

We applied for 136 MODL Visa in May 2007, and just last week on 31.1.2008 got a first word from CO. They requested IELTS results (which we already fwd to them in October) so we have resend the info. Now we are just waiting a bit longer and hoping to get final mail with Grant letter.

Our plan is to move to Melbourne. Of course we have a lots of questions about the relocation, Melbourne, preschools etc.

Great to join you finally!

I.

Welcome!

You are sure to get all the answers you need right here !

Nats

Hi All

My husband and I have both joined. His entries are under DKH. We live in Thornhill Estate in Joburg and have already applied for our 175 visa. We are still waiting for a case officer to be assigned.

We have been reading everybody's messages for sometime - I would say as much as the News papers! We are looking forward to meeting some of you at one of the coffee clubs. We are planning to attend the next one in Irene.

Good luck to all of you.

ta'mossie (ek is nie 'n ou tannetjie nie, hoor! het 2 jong woelwatertjies)

Thanks for the welcome!

We will check our time for the next Coffee Club get together in Irene. Not sure if we are in Pretoria.

Good luck with your 175 ta'mossie. Do you know where will you be going to in Oz?

I.

Thanks for the welcome!

We will check our time for the next Coffee Club get together in Irene. Not sure if we are in Pretoria.

Good luck with your 175 ta'mossie. Do you know where will you be going to in Oz?

I.

Hi I

We will go where the work is. My husband is in IT so....we will see where the path leeds us. We might go the Sponsored visa route if we get too impatient. Today is not a good day for me. I feel fragile about leaving all that I know and hold dear. At the same time I cant wait to go. This rollercoaster is driving me nuts! does that make sense? I hope I'm not scitso and the only one going through these emotions. Anyway, tomorrow I will feel better again.

Thanx for your reply. Will look out for you in Irene. :thumbdown:

cheers

ta'mossie

Welcome didl and ta'mossie!

Sjoe, didl, you are almost there! Nice! Have you sold your house yet, or are you going to wait for that when your visa is approved? From which country did you come? It is frustrating when you have to re-send documents, but hey - we will do anything to keep them happy.

ta'mossie - welcome here (en vir een of ander rede is die liedjie "Kyk hoe ry tant Hessie se wit perd..." nou in my kop!) Yes, it's a difficult decision, but I'm very content with the decision we've made. I'm actually so excited about the whole thing. Heard yesterday from one of our clients that their house was robbed on Sunday while they were sleeping! I would HATE it if that happens to us.

Welcome didl and ta'mossie!

Sjoe, didl, you are almost there! Nice! Have you sold your house yet, or are you going to wait for that when your visa is approved? From which country did you come? It is frustrating when you have to re-send documents, but hey - we will do anything to keep them happy.

Hello!

I come from Croatia. My husband is from SA. We already have rather mixed culture and langugaes at home, as my daughter aged 4, speaks Afrikaans as first language, Croatian ( as "mother tounge" ) and a bit of English from TV and whatever she heard from us. My son, 18 months doesn't speak much, so no worries there.

We are waiting for a visa before we make any final decisions regarding the house. As market is unfavourable at the moment I doubt we will be able to sell the house in a short space of time for a desirable value.

ta'mossie, I can imagine what is going through your mind. I've been telling to some friends, that one always stays close to people and place where they grew up. I am in very close contact via phone, mail and regular trips back to my homecountry, which makes everything quite a bit easier. However today I consider SA my home, and soon to take Australia as my very new home and country. It took me several years ( something like 4 -5) to accept SA fully as my home. I am already preparing myself emotionally for the move and give myself time and space to accept fully the upcoming change. That also allows me to have ups and downs during this "waiting period". Hope this makes sense and tomorrow you will feel a lot better.

We will not be able to join Coffee Club in Irene, maybe next time.

Cheers,

didl

Hi Didl and ta'mossie

Welcome to this wonderful, insightful place. You're bound to get all the answers you need to your questions.

And don't worry about feeling "scitso" - I think we all feel like that at some stage!

Good luck with the rest of the process.

RoMar

Thanx so much RoMar and Didl! :ilikeit:

I do feel better today. I was going to say: I had a good talk to myself, but my husband started laughing because that just confirms the scitso element. So.....after Telkom took a month to come and install our new phone (we sold our house and are renting until we can go) and then informed me today that there is a fault with the underground cable.....I remembered why I want to go...

RoMar thanx for the scripture as your post script. We need to remind ourselves of these these truths all the time. Didl, I don't know whether you pray, but I committed the sale of our house to God and it went something like this....We lived in Malvern, Johburg. next to Kensington. Malvern is not the best area to try and sell your house. We also needed about R200k more than what some of the agents told us we would get for our house. We prayed about using the right agent (we didn't have energy to sell it ourselves). When the time came to show our house (in Oct 2007) the first rains came. The first 2 showings nobody came, because it rained every time. The third Sunday, we were in CPT because we went there for our IETLS exam. The forth Sunday it rained again....The only couple who came through returned 3 times and put in a cash offer the same day! We also got the price we prayed for. So....nothing is impossible.

Cheers

ta'mossie

Didl, I don't know whether you pray, but I committed the sale of our house to God and it went something like this....We lived in Malvern, Johburg. next to Kensington. Malvern is not the best area to try and sell your house. We also needed about R200k more than what some of the agents told us we would get for our house. We prayed about using the right agent (we didn't have energy to sell it ourselves). When the time came to show our house (in Oct 2007) the first rains came. The first 2 showings nobody came, because it rained every time. The third Sunday, we were in CPT because we went there for our IETLS exam. The forth Sunday it rained again....The only couple who came through returned 3 times and put in a cash offer the same day! We also got the price we prayed for. So....nothing is impossible.

Cheers

ta'mossie

Thanks ta'mossie!

It is exactly what I needed today, another confirmation.

We are very thankful for all the blessings we received. I know Lord will guide us with our next steps. Reading your experience with the house just confirms how Lord is working and how we must just trust in him.

Cheers,

didl

Hello and welcome, both didl and ta'mossie! ;)

I wish I was as afar down the line as you, ta'mossie. Getting a positive assessment from the ACS is my next milestone. I am tempted to log in and check the status of my application every day, even though I know it will be at least another 6 weeks before they are close to done. :D

I wonder, didl, if having made the move from Croatia to South Africa makes the move to Australia easier for you, harder, or the same?

All the best to the both of you,

Mark

Dear didl

I'm so glad that I could encourage you a little. Please let me know as soon as you have good news.

Dear Mark

Hang in there, it will all come together. :blink: We check for the assignment of a case officer every day. I think you just cant help yourself. Are you coming to the Pretoria Coffee Club? My husband is also in IT. Maybe you guys can swop notes.

cheers

ta'mossie

Hello, didl,

I see that you have started the whole application process a while before we even thought of it, so I feel as if I may not be able to add much here.

But, I will also be emigrating for the second time in my life, and I do not fear it as much as may be the case for some others I speak to. I wonder if there is such a thing as becomming emigration-fit?!?

Might just be.

Cheers,

TereMel

Hello!

We are on our way! We plan to leave end of May as our visa got approved last week. Very excited about it all, but far from ready to go.

I think ( and hope) that I will take it easier, as I did the emmigration once already ( however a lot younger at the time). I also lived in several European countries for a while, but that was only temporary so there was always a knowledge of coming back, but it gave me insight of different cultures, places and adjustments one has to take. I am not outgoing type of person, so it takes quite some time to "make friends".

I know there will be ups and downs, and not rosy all the time.

Good luck to all!

didl

Hello!

I come from Croatia. My husband is from SA. We already have rather mixed culture and langugaes at home, as my daughter aged 4, speaks Afrikaans as first language, Croatian ( as "mother tounge" ) and a bit of English from TV and whatever she heard from us. My son, 18 months doesn't speak much, so no worries there.

We are waiting for a visa before we make any final decisions regarding the house. As market is unfavourable at the moment I doubt we will be able to sell the house in a short space of time for a desirable value.

ta'mossie, I can imagine what is going through your mind. I've been telling to some friends, that one always stays close to people and place where they grew up. I am in very close contact via phone, mail and regular trips back to my homecountry, which makes everything quite a bit easier. However today I consider SA my home, and soon to take Australia as my very new home and country. It took me several years ( something like 4 -5) to accept SA fully as my home. I am already preparing myself emotionally for the move and give myself time and space to accept fully the upcoming change. That also allows me to have ups and downs during this "waiting period". Hope this makes sense and tomorrow you will feel a lot better.

We will not be able to join Coffee Club in Irene, maybe next time.

Cheers,

didl

I think half the Australian Soccer Team is Croatian.....

Edited by Heidi & Hans

I think half the Australian Soccer Team is Croatian.....

Nothing wrong with that!! :)