security issue

Missy

Question

Dear moderator Hendie,

I have only recently registered as a user on this forum and have come across a security issue for users that I think should be rectified immediately.

During registration one is asked to fill in a form outlining ones personal details, date of birth, place of residence full name etc. This information is given in good faith. However unbeknown to the person registering, this information is immediately upon completion of the registration process and first posting, available to all public members. All they have to do is mouse clic the persons name and up it pops.

I find this unacceptable. No where during the registration process are you warned that this is so. One assumes this information is needed to register and so one then gives the information freely, one does not assume that members of the public have clear access to it. In order for this too be rectified there should be a warning in red on the registration page that this is so. So that we as users are not subject to possible identity theft or worse and can modify our personal information before it is submitted. It is too late to do this once one has already registered and found out that this information is not secure. Most people would only edit their info a few days later if at all, as most are keen to post first. It also takes awhile to find the area where this may be done.

The registration process is miss leading the public and should be changed immediately.

Thank you for your time

Missy

Edited by Missy

Actually Missy, it was a cry of exasperation! Your posts are not contributing to the forum in any useful way. I suggest you either avail yourself of the services that members render to each other here, or go play at another venue. Your pussyfooting with posters who you seemingly feel are "on your side" is pityful, and beneath the stature of one in a highly educated profession as you claim to be in.

As for the language issue, we converse in English, or Afrikaans on this forum. Although there are members who I am sure are conversant in more languages, they also respect the forum membership, and stick to these.

Now again I ask, get on with your investigations about immigrating to Australia, and stop worrying about issues that are of no importance to your quest (if that is indeed why you joined of course).

I am closing this thread now, and you are welcome to PM me should you have more questions.