Resume for Australia

SASydneysider

Hi,

We live in Sydney, but used a company called Aussie Resumes in Perth to re-write our CVs in Aussie format. They did an excellent job and charged us $250 per CV, that was 4 years ago. They also do IT CVs. Here is their website.

SAS

Hi SAS

I think this should be a 'pinned' topic, so I have done so! Thanks!

Hi,

We live in Sydney, but used a company called Aussie Resumes in Perth to re-write our CVs in Aussie format. They did an excellent job and charged us $250 per CV, that was 4 years ago. They also do IT CVs. Here is their website.

SAS

Hi Mara,

It seems like a lot of money to pay for a resume to be typed up. :) Can you tell me whether it was worth your money to get it done and whether it was beneficial to you. The reason that I am asking is that there are a lot of free sites where you can use their resume writing to write up the Aus CV.

Regards

Valkie

Hi Valkie

If you check the above messages again, it was SASydneysider that had their CV's done professionally, all I did was 'PIN' the topic so that it does not disappear amongst all the others.

I suggest you PM her if she does not answer soon!

It seems like a lot of money to pay for a resume to be typed up. :stretcher: Can you tell me whether it was worth your money to get it done and whether it was beneficial to you. The reason that I am asking is that there are a lot of free sites where you can use their resume writing to write up the Aus CV.
Hi Valkie,

Agree, it is a lot of money, but for us it was worth the while.

We are English speaking SAfricans and we would just not have been able to use the language as well as what these people did. We, as SAfricans, seem to depict things in a factual format rather than selling ourselves. Putting it in another way, we often sell ourselves short. This selling part is what this company did very well. Hubby and I are both conservative and I don't feel comfortable 'blowing my own trumpet'. This company manages to get the right things into the foreground.

There are many job sites that give guidance on how to write your Resume, but it also has to do with the use of the English language.

SAS

Edited by SASydneysider

Hi Valkie,

Agree, it is a lot of money, but for us it was worth the while.

We are English speaking SAfricans and we would just not have been able to use the language as well as what these people did. We, as SAfricans, seem to depict things in a factual format rather than selling ourselves. Putting it in another way, we often sell ourselves short. This selling part is what this company did very well. Hubby and I are both conservative and I don't feel comfortable 'blowing my own trumpet'. This company manages to get the right things into the foreground.

There are many job sites that give guidance on how to write your Resume, but it also has to do with the use of the English language.

SAS

What exactly did their service cover? Did they just take your CV and jazz it up for you or did they actually sit down with you, go through all your job history, skills etc and extract from you exactly what you did, how you did it and then use that info to prepare your CV?

What exactly did their service cover? Did they just take your CV and jazz it up for you or did they actually sit down with you, go through all your job history, skills etc and extract from you exactly what you did, how you did it and then use that info to prepare your CV?
Hi Zoot,

We sent our CVs (electronic copy) to them and they came back with a load of questions to be able to understand exactly what we did an how we did it. They have a specific person who only does the IT CVs and he did mine and my hubby's.

They then did a first draft for us to review and to give them feedback on the accuracy of the content. Hubby was happy after his first draft, but I had 2 drafts before accepting the final version.

I'm sure if we were in Perth, they would probably have sat down with us, but being in Sydney this was not possible.

I suggest you contact them via their website and ask them the questions you have. We had ours done 4 years ago and things might have changed since.

SAS

Hi Zoot,

We sent our CVs (electronic copy) to them and they came back with a load of questions to be able to understand exactly what we did an how we did it. They have a specific person who only does the IT CVs and he did mine and my hubby's.

They then did a first draft for us to review and to give them feedback on the accuracy of the content. Hubby was happy after his first draft, but I had 2 drafts before accepting the final version.

I'm sure if we were in Perth, they would probably have sat down with us, but being in Sydney this was not possible.

I suggest you contact them via their website and ask them the questions you have. We had ours done 4 years ago and things might have changed since.

SAS

thanks for that

• 5 months later...

Hi All

I have had a few responses to me post so thought i'd add the adress and name of the person who is currently assisting us with our CV'S - Service is great, conversation open and honest

I have also contacted him just to make sure that he does not mind being posted here as he might get a lot of new call and he is kust great with it and has a whole team of people set up to do this.

His name is JOHN LITTLE ( direct email adress -

info@successfulresumes.com.au

He is the Group founder of the company and has Branches Across Sydney, ACT, Victoria, S.E.Qld & W.A. and now also in London UK.

Send him a mail requesting that your CV be assessed - he responds with 2 days and then you can take the discussion from there.

Hope you this will work for you

regards

Brenda

• 9 months later...

For a more recent update, I have had my resume drawn up by http://www.prototype.com.au/careers/index.html.

I would recommend this service to all who are looking at entering the job market. The cost of the service is easily justifiable when offset against the value derived. The way I see it, being an expert in my profession, does not necessarily qualify me as an expert resume writer. As my resume is probably the most important marketing tool that I currently have at my disposal, it therefore makes sense for me to seek assistance from someone with the relevant expertise. I thought my old CV was OK, however when I compare it to my revised resume, I can see how it would limit my chances at getting an interview.

Hope this assists someone else.

For those of you in Perth,

A company called ARTICULATE RESUMES, does

Professional resume Prepartion

Interview Advices

Selection Criteria Counselling ETC

They come to you or VV

The manger is Anton Prinsloo Tel: (08) 9407 84444 or Mobile : 0428 812 295

email: antonp5@bigpond.com

A friend referred me to the Community Centre (I went to the Oxenford and Coomera centre). They've got an initiative sponsored by the Government to help people look for employment. The guy then referred me to the woman who does their CV's for clients. Winning Resumes in Maudsland Gold Coast. I spent about 20 minutes talking with her and she did a brilliant CV for me. Hell, even I will employ me. Hie Hie. All for the cost of $0000.00. She gave me 3 hard copies and a cd with my CV on. The best part - the guy I dealt with left in the meantime and another woman (Dianne) took over. She phoned me back after 6 weeks to find out if I was successfull yet in finding a job and if she can help me with anything else. I started retraining myself in the meantime and is now doing a course in Aged Care. Guess its like someone said we are to scared to blow our own trumpets. And for us afrikaanse ouens its so much more difficult.

Hi,

SAS

Possibly this will help:

http://www.migrationnews.com/index.cfm/Aus...prepare_your_CV

They also have a sample layout.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone please have updated information re Aussie cv's? What it costs? Places to have it done? Can you do it yourself?