YIKES - 3.5 months left

Spider

:ilikeit: oh hell, thats so soon,,,,,my planning lists need to be made so i can have a cue what next!

i am petrified but i am SO SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! :ilikeit:

All the best - the time is going to fly.

I have printed this list and found it really helps.

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=9251

Its gotta be good because they even printed in the Sabona Magazine

http://www.sabona.com.au/articles_detail.e...etail.ewdid=199

Hi,

Also leaving by end of Feb 2010.

Jennifer

Wow it looks like a mass exodus...we are also leaving next year March... :ilikeit:

Scary to think there's only 3 months left, especially when I realized that this Christmas will probably be our last in SA...ever?!

Scary, but VERY exciting! Can't wait!

All the best - the time is going to fly.

I have printed this list and found it really helps.

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=9251

Its gotta be good because they even printed in the Sabona Magazine

http://www.sabona.com.au/articles_detail.e...etail.ewdid=199

Thanks so much!!!

Wow it looks like a mass exodus...we are also leaving next year March... :ilikeit:

Scary to think there's only 3 months left, especially when I realized that this Christmas will probably be our last in SA...ever?!

Scary, but VERY exciting! Can't wait!

it does hey

where is everyone flying? we go to adelaide 25 march

Hi,

Sorry Chandi, hijacking your thread. Since a few have started to reply that they are leaving in next few weeks/months, would be interesting to know below.

When are you leaving and what will be your destination?

Have you chosen your shipping company already? Which one is your final choice?

Will you be interested in a get together early next year? http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showt...mp;#entry239338

Jennifer

I've booked our tickets for end March 2010 to land in Adelaide, but my hubby leaves end of January to scout out the territory. If not Adelaide, then wherever he finds work.

Will get a quote tomorrow for groupage from Don Kerr of Cargopak. He's the only one who took the time to come out to see what we're taking. Got an emailed quote from Crown, but as far I'm concerned Cargopak gets the nod. Biddulphs not even interested.

Emile, your right about this being the last Christmas here (for a while at least), but with so much going on inside my head, it's kinda hard to think of roasting that turkey this year!

Any one else out there having to move house by end of January 2010?

Strength in numbers!

We are leaving 3 weeks today - the 31st Dec :ilikeit: for Brisbane and we went with Cargopak who was great. Don is hands on and we couldnt have asked for better service.

Michelle

So bev we will meet as we end march... We not shipping anything,any extra we go to air freight section at airport,my mom did this last week...

I know the feeling Chandi we are leaving in two months time :ilikeit:

See ya in OZ!

I've booked our tickets for end March 2010 to land in Adelaide, but my hubby leaves end of January to scout out the territory. If not Adelaide, then wherever he finds work.

Will get a quote tomorrow for groupage from Don Kerr of Cargopak. He's the only one who took the time to come out to see what we're taking. Got an emailed quote from Crown, but as far I'm concerned Cargopak gets the nod. Biddulphs not even interested.

Emile, your right about this being the last Christmas here (for a while at least), but with so much going on inside my head, it's kinda hard to think of roasting that turkey this year!

Any one else out there having to move house by end of January 2010?

Strength in numbers!

We're leaving 22nd Jan! Going to Sydney.

We got removal quotes from MagnaThomson and Bayley Worldwide. Both very profession & recommended (on this forum) It looks like we're going with Magna - their quote was cheaper.

Happy moving!

WE leave in January! It's amazing how quickly the time comes around, so plan as much as possible.

My advice to those leaving within 3 months or so..if you haven't done it, start making mental notes of what you want to take with, and what you're leaving, and start sorting out cupboards now. Our move has been a work in progress for a while now, so I had the luxury of keeping my life simple (very therapeutic). What items you can't give away to family or friends, donate to a charity, eg the SPCA. Also, start using up all those groceries in the pantry! It's amazing how much food you buy, that seems to have been there forever. We leave in a month's time, and it's been quite interesting putting dishes together from the food supplies in the cupboard, and not stocking up on tonnes of meat etc, for the freezer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

Our plane tickets are for 17 April JHB - Melbourne - Brisbane.

So much to do so little time left.

We are on our way to Adelaide on the Th of February. Unfortunately the house is not sold, so we are only doing our entry, go for few interviews and travel for 3 weeks and then return till hubby gets a job or the house is sold. :ilikeit:

please keep in touch

5th Feb 2010, Melbourne. (Just me)

Looks like we may choose Magna T too...pending a few questions; shipping only happens once I find work. Wife and toddler to join me ASAP after work found.

-G

We wanna be gone by end March! Hold thumbs for house to be sold!!!! :ilikeit:

Also leaving end of March. House sold, so still clearing & packing. We have to be out by end of Jan, finishing work end of Feb. This past weekend we spent with very dear friends in Belfast (to say goodbye) and now I know that the "hurting" is going to start.

Leaving on 27 Feb 2010 to Melbourne. Used "Crate & Freight" for shared container... furniture probably on the high seas already? Quite weird camping in our empty home.

Enjoy the countdown!

wow lots of us are going over the next few months hey!!!!

good luck everyone, we now have 2 months and 3 weeks left...

wow lots of us are going over the next few months hey!!!!

good luck everyone, we now have 2 months and 3 weeks left...

Good luck

take all yr essentials with

try to tie up all the loose ends b4 u leave

:):ilikeit: :ilikeit:

So excited for all of you! We left middle of June last year for Brisbane and we love it here!! Good luck everyone!!!

Archived