Timeline for 189 visa

Elmarie61

Hi all,

A while back I wrote about my BIL's visa application. They made a mistake on their EOI, claimed more points than they should have, and had to wait 60 days for the EOI to expire. They have now fixed the EOI.

They resubmitted the EOI this friday.

Any ideas of the current wait from EOI to invite, and then from invite to case officer and hopeful success?

I know it's impossible to predict, but I was wondering if anyone can share their recent experience?

Thank you,

Elmarie

I think it will depend on how many points are claimed on their new EOI. If its only 60 points then you may be in for a 2 invitation round or more wait, if you have 65 then a 1 round wait, if 70 or more then you will probably get one today or tomorrow. This is only my best guess so I may be wrong though.

We made a mistake with ours in April but had to suspend the EOI. We updated the details beginning of July, submitted EOI with 60 points on July 8TH. We got the invitation today to lodge the visa application. So I guess JandBplus2 might be right with the predictions.

• Like 1

we waited 6 weeks before getting a case officer after application.

We had issues with our medicals and submission of these documents, so it took 8 months for visa to be granted.

note: send your medicals on e-health, send via courier if you absolutely have to. DONT do what happened to us and send the xrays via e-health and the remainder of the medical documents via courier. It confused the world! I really believe this was the main/only cause for delay.

All the best. The time seems to drag, but I hope it goes quickly for you

We also submitted our EOI in April with 65 points, received an invite only to realise that we had made a mistake, so waited for ours to expire on 5 July and resubmitted with 60 points. our date of effect is 8 July but we havent received an invite yet ... maybe on the 19th Aug ?? fingers crossed

Thank you for your replies!

It helps to get an indication of how long people are waiting.

I will let my BIL know.

Congrats with the invite motladi!