sonnetjie

Fascinating article worth reading as the below treatment principles often apply to people who have allergies or have a family history of leaky gut or gut absorption problems, or autoimmune issues or ADHD etc

See link http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/12/can-autism-be-cured/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sonnetjie !

I just luuuuuuuuv Dr. Mark Hyman's writings and lectures, so clear, plain, logical and sensible ! Yup, and I'm exited that he mentions that vaccines can cause autism ! Since vaccines has been changed in America in 2000, almost 50% of vaccined children are diagnosed with some degree of autism.

Two WONDERFUL sources where you can read about autism and the sure cure of it, is the book about GAPS (Gut And Psychology Syndrome) diet, written by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. She brought her boy back from autism after he contracted it due to vaccinations at 4 years old.

The other book is "A more excellent Way" written by Henry W. Wright, he takes another angle, which sometimes might have value too, in that he says autism CAN have a spiritual cause (that will be in the 'genetically inherited' cases), caused by the child having an extreme fear of abandonment and rejection even from before birth. Say the mother struggled with those emotional issues, the child's body reacts on the stress during prenatal development and is born with autistic symptoms. In such a case there is ministered to the child by lots of affection, love and prayer, and he has testimonies of healing.

Very interesting post, thank you !!

• Like 1

My woo-woo alarm went off when I saw the 50% stat and the autism/vacine thing. I know it is hotly debated and the jury is still out, but currently no evidence by recognised medical researchers exist that confirms a link.

So, I checked the CDC stats: About 1 in 88 children under the age of 8 has some form of autism, which is more than the 1 in 110 that was estimated before. The study covered 14 states.

A striking geographic and racial variations in the rates and how they have changed suggest that rising awareness of the disorder, better detection and improved access to services can explain much of the surge, and perhaps all of it.

Until we have actual proof, woo-woo sellers will try to sell us things like detox diets, which has actually killed people, and homoepathy, which is based on the the idea that you can make things more effective by adding more water to it, thus diluting it to increase its effectiveness. No medical proof exist in either.

In the meantime, vacinate your children, we KNOW the diseases (polio/measels/hepitatus/dipthria/etc) they prevent, kills! We do not suspect it.

Edited by Rover
  • Like 2

Rover, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

My radar also went off, as I have a friend with a child with Aspergers (a mild form of Autism) so I know the basics and the fact that he will have that for the rest of his life.

My concern is as yours, with the vaccines. People have to get their kids vaccinated, I would go so far as to say its irresponsible by not doing so. (I am not trying to criticise anyone, this is only my opinion)

Edited by Toitjie
  • Like 1

I weighed up the pros and cons of having my children vaccinated, but could not take the risk of them getting any of the major diseases that vaccination campaigns have been so successful against.

From what I read, Dr Andrew Wakefield whose original paper suggested that vaccines cause autism, has been struck off for research ethics. Here is an article that suggests genes and not vaccines are to blame.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/jun/09/autism-study-genetic-causes

• Like 1

Both can be a cause, depending on the consistency of the vaccines, as well as the child's family history. Many different things can cause similar symptoms, so an investigation into a child's autistic behaviour should span a wide spectrum.

I agree there. I'm not certain that I agree with the vaccine theory since vaccines have been given for more than 50 years, yet the number of autism spectrum cases continues to grow, but I am also not sure it can just be a genetic issue. More probably a combination of genetic and environmental factors. However, absolutely, a wide spectrum analysis from a cross section of disciplines should be considered for every child. I do hope that science can unravel the truth.

• 2 years later...

Vaccines are a contributing factor for Regressive Autism. Only 25% of children with a ASD diagnosis had symptoms from birth, the rest regressed losing skills. Seeing is believing. My 18 month old boy had his first seizure an hour after receiving the MMR, Previnar and the "six in one". The next day he lost eye contact, stopped interacting with us, stated losing words, a week later he was non verbal, and remains non verbal today. Before that he reached all his developmental milestones. I was also pro-vaccines, until you are the parent who have to witness this horrible regression. After researching vaccines for three years, I am convinced I should have never injected my children with these toxic substances. On the manufacturers websites there is ingredient lists, Google those and see what is really in them. Those who's children has a strong immunity, just be thankful your children are healthy and let each parent decide on vaccinations. The only advice I can give is to always do your own research about issues concerning your children's health.

• Like 2

Got to agree, there is no medical link between autism and vaccination, this is a really interesting read:

http://www.redwineandapplesauce.com/2014/02/01/8-reasons-you-are-wrong-about-not-vaccinating-your-daughter/

I have had a pretty good read through the above article and cant seem to find any science to backup what he is saying, he lists a huge number of references at the bottom but doesn't actually reference anything in his article, the entire thing is about one case, so he implying a whole lot based on a sample size of 1.

This is one of the things i came across reading up on him:

He reiterates many current politically correct fads, such as grass-fed/pastured beef, organic food, detoxification, and strict avoidance of all man-made chemicals, notwithstanding the relative lack of scientific evidence supporting many of these positions.

Dr. Hyman bills himself as a scientist, but his biography in the book doesn't support that label. Shoot, I've got a B.S. degree in zoology, but I'm a practicing physician, not a scientist.

The author thinks there are only six causes of all disease: single-gene genetic disorders, poor diet, chonic stress, microbes, toxins, and allergens. None of those explain hypothyroidism, tinnitus, migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, Parkinsons disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, or multiple sclerosis, to name a few that don't fit his paradigm.

Dr. Hyman makes a number of claims that are just plain wrong. Here are some: - Over 80% of Americans are deficient in vitamin D - Lack of fiber contributes to cancer - High C-reactive protein (in blood) is linked to a 1,700% increased probability of developing diabetes - Processed, factory-made foods have no nutrients - We must take nutritional supplements

Furthermore, he recommends a minimum of 11 and perhaps as many as 16 different supplements even though the supportive science is weak or nonexistent. Is he selling supplements?

He has made the "Encyclopedia of American Loons" who have a good go at his theories

http://americanloons.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/789-mark-hyman.html

Edited by Nev
  • Like 1

I'm really sorry, but I find it really hard to believe a word he writes. Everything is nicely written up in medical jargon, it pretty much uses every possible biological system he could think off. It's just like any other spiel that hawkers of any other "woo-woo" (nice word for it) product uses. They just use mysterious energies and auras and other BS, while this guy uses scientific sounding things in the place of mysterious energies. Things like this just slow down the real research into the causes of autism (and vaccines are almost assuredly not one of them). If he had that many tests done on one patient, I would seriously question his ethics.

Alas, I have found (as with religion) you can not change someones mind if they really want to believe in it.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/shame-on-pbs/

http://www.salon.com/2009/03/12/mark_hyman/

Last week, I turned to my local PBS station, KQED, and ran headlong into yet another program of medical self-promotion.Mark Hyman, M.D., a family physician, was talking about “brain fog” and “broken minds” and how such “conditions” could be cured or prevented by using “The UltraMind Solution” — a combination of books, DVDs and home questionnaires.
Edited by Nev

I get angry when so called Dr's say stupid things like depressed mothers can make children sick.

I don't even understand these kind of debates, in Africa, every minute, a child dies from measles http://www.unicef.org/immunization/index_why.html whooping cough kills 300 000 children a year.

I'd rather get my info from the CDC

In the U.S., vaccination programs have eliminated or significantly reduced many vaccine-preventable diseases. However, these diseases still exist and can once again become common—and deadly—if vaccination coverage does not continue at high levels.

In the U.S., vaccines have reduced or eliminated many infectious diseases that once routinely killed or harmed many infants, children, and adults. However, the viruses and bacteria that cause vaccine-preventable disease and death still exist and can be passed on to people who are not protected by vaccines. Vaccine-preventable diseases have many social and economic costs: sick children miss school and can cause parents to lose time from work. These diseases also result in doctor's visits, hospitalizations, and even premature deaths.http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/whatifstop.htm

It takes minutes to get statistics relating to the number of deaths of children before vaccines became routinely administered, and we are talking in figures of hundreds of thousands or even millions.

I'd rather have an autistic child than a dead or brain damaged child..............people forget, have any of you seen people have to walk with callipers on their crippled legs because of polio?.

Polio, a viral infection of the nervous system, can cause crippling paralysis within hours. Significant progress has been made towards eradicating the disease, but it remains a serious threat to children in areas where the wild poliovirus still circulates.The number of cases worldwide dropped from 350,000 in 1988 to under 1,300 in 2004.

Here in Queensland we had a number of whooping cough cases attributed to lowering rates of immunisation.

FIVE cases of potentially fatal whooping cough have been confirmed in the Cairns region only weeks into the new year.

The trend is concerning medical professionals because of the region's already low rate of immunisation.

According to Queensland Health, there are 70 confirmed cases of pertussis (also known as whooping cough) across the state this year. Last year there were 238 cases in Queensland.

Cairns Tropical Public Health Unit director Richard Gair said five children had been infected with the contagious bacterial disease in the Cairns region this year.

"Potentially it can be (fatal) in younger children," Dr Gair said.

"We are advising strongly that children have all their routine vaccinations and have them on time as well."

Medicare Local figures report Far North Queensland has a 90.8 per cent immunisation coverage less than the national average.

"When (more than) 92 per cent of children are vaccinated in a community, we all derive protection from herd immunity," the report stated.

"Our immunisation coverage is not high enough to provide herd immunity. This increases our risk of vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks."

• Like 1

Last night on the news it was reported that there is a new outbreak or spread of polio in countries where it was completely eradicated.

I think if some people realised how hard autism - especially severe autism they would not be wishing it on anyone. And it is on the increase. We may have luck and someone important in a high enough place at CDC or a pharmaceutical company is affected by it and then does their own research as there is a link.

I get angry when so called Dr's say stupid things like depressed mothers can make children sick.

I don't even understand these kind of debates, in Africa, every minute, a child dies from measles http://www.unicef.org/immunization/index_why.html whooping cough kills 300 000 children a year.

I'd rather get my info from the CDC

It takes minutes to get statistics relating to the number of deaths of children before vaccines became routinely administered, and we are talking in figures of hundreds of thousands or even millions.

I'd rather have an autistic child than a dead or brain damaged child..............people forget, have any of you seen people have to walk with callipers on their crippled legs because of polio?.

Here in Queensland we had a number of whooping cough cases attributed to lowering rates of immunisation.

The are an absolute ton of people who believe there is a link, they have done and funded a huge amount of research, and all of it has found no link at all, it won't take someone in big pharma or the CDC to do the research, there are an absolute ton of private medical facilities, it has all ready been done.... and there is no medical or scientific relationship.

Talking about the relationship however, sells, so you get people line this "doctor" above making a name for himself with scare tactics on all sorts of stuff, like his mind fog theories, and this autism stuff, in the meantime he is putting whack-loads of money in his pocket.

And this stuff is then picked up and discussed as fact.

I guess it is each parents choice to inject these toxins into their babies blood. Today's vaccines not only contain live versions of the diseases you DO NOT WANT, but also contain GMOs, hormones from infected cows, pigs, chickens and monkeys, untested virus combinations (like H1N1), aluminum, mercury, emulsifiers, and crossbred bacteria from animals, mosquitoes, and diseased humans:

Measles Live Virus Vaccine: (Attenuvax) Made by Merck. Two injections are given; one at 1 year and another at 4 years old. Contains gelatin, sorbitol, sodium chloride, bovine cow serum, egg protein and human albumin.

Measles and Mumps Live Virus Vaccine: (M-M-Rvax) Made by Merck. Injected into one year old babies. Contains gelatin, sorbitol, sodium chloride, bovine cow serum, and human albumin.

Diptheria, Tetanus and Polio Vaccine: Five injections given between 2 and 6 years of age, plus boosters "recommended" every 10 years. Contains formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol and aluminum phosphate.

DTaP, IPV, HBV and Hib*: (Diphtheria, tetanus, polio, hepatitis B and Haemophilus influenza type B) Given to infants 2 to 12 months with boosters less than a year later. Contains aluminum hydroxide, formaldehyde, and bovine cow serum.

Gardasil HPV: Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Made by Merck. Administered to children as young as 9 years of age for a rare sexually transmitted disease. Contains polysorbate 80, sodium chloride, aluminum, and a "denatured" (fragmented and weakened) form of the virus.

Toxic vaccine ingredients and their adverse effects:

Bovine cow serum: Extracted from cow skin. When injected causes connective tissue disorders, arthritis and lupus; also shortness of breath, low blood pressure, chest pain and skin reactions.

Sorbitol: Synthetic sweetener which metabolizes very slowly and aggravates IBS and gastrointestinal issues.

Gelatin: Derived from the collagen inside animals' skin and bones. Injecting gelatin poses the risk of infection from synthetic growth hormones and BSE infectivity (mad cow disease).

Sodium chloride: Raises blood pressure and inhibits muscle contraction and growth.

Egg protein: Vaccines are prepared in eggs (certainly not organic). May contain growth hormones, antibiotics, and salmonella bacteria.

Thimerosal: A neurotoxic mercury which causes autism: There are 25 mcg in one average flu vaccine, and the EPA safety limit is 5 micrograms, so children who are vaccinated simultaneously with multiple* vaccines receive over 10 times the safety limit of mercury in one day.

Human albumin: The protein portion of blood from pooled human venous plasma; when injected causes fever, chills, hives, rash, headache, nausea, breathing difficulty, and rapid heart rate. Injecting "pooled blood" can result in a loss of body cell mass and cause immunodeficiency virus infection, or contain SV40, AIDS, cancer or Hepatitis B from drug addicts.

Formaldehyde: Highly carcinogenic fluid used to embalm corpses. Ranked one of the most hazardous compounds to human health; can cause liver damage, gastrointestinal issues, reproductive deformation, respiratory distress and cancer. Plus, formaldehyde has been known to fail to deactivate the virus the vaccine is intended to cure, thus enabling a live virus to enter your blood and infect your system.

Phenoxyethanol: A glycol ether/chemical; highly toxic to the nervous system, kidneys, and liver. The FDA warns "can cause shut down of the central nervous system (CNS), vomiting and contact dermatitis" in cosmetics; imagine when injected into your blood.

Aluminum phosphate: Greatly increases toxicity of mercury, so caution about minimum mercury tolerance is therefore severely underestimated. CDC scientists and all doctors are well aware of this.

MSG (monosodium glutamate): When injected becomes a neurotoxin, causing CNS disorders and brain damage in children.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035431_vaccine_ingredients_side_effects_MSG.html#ixzz30t5FURFP

I think if some people realised how hard autism - especially severe autism they would not be wishing it on anyone. And it is on the increase. We may have luck and someone important in a high enough place at CDC or a pharmaceutical company is affected by it and then does their own research as there is a link.

I don't believe anyone is wishing autism on anyone, my son has aspergers, tourettes and autistic friends and I see how hard it is for the families.....................I just get angry at some of the snake oil promised to people..............A good friend of mine with a severely autistic son was in tears last year ..............this was when the whole gut bacteria connection with autism came about...............her son will only eat chicken nuggets and a particularly thoughtless person made some statements about the way she fed her son......................another friend has gone to another extreme with an eradication diet for her boy who has recently been diagnosed with tourettes, such that there are minimal things he can eat............even certain fruits and vegetables, and he is such a skinny little thing to start with.

Why do people refuse to believe there is possibility of a genetic link, or rather a genetic and environmental link, but absolutely believe that vaccines are to blame.

I've lost a child.....a prem baby, and I would much rather have my child alive, than dead................the sheer number of children who die in countries where vaccination is not carried out is a fact.

I understand the fears people have about vaccination, I also did some soul searching re the MMR and the chicken pox vaccine, but in the end decided that the risk of not vaccinating was too great.

• Like 1

I know this is an incredibly sensitive topic and for those moms who'se kids got sick right after a vaccine, I feel deep compassion. I can just say that I am thankful my kids did not show any illness or symptoms when they got vaccinated.

But this debate made me wonder..now knowing, would I vaccinate them again (those days I honestly did not know all the things that are mentioned on this thread) - and I think I probably would. I cannot imagine what chaos and widespread death there would be if for the next 5 - 10 years not a single baby in all the world got vaccinated. The spread of measles and polio and all the other illnesses...it would be like the middle ages where thousands died because of the unchecked spread of viruses.

Question - should schools be notified of kids not being immunised? (my kids are but the school never requested their charts so for all they know my kids may not have been vaccinated).

Edited to add: my best friend's son has Aspergers. She told me that up to 3, he was a normal little boy, played ball with his dad and didn't mind cuddling etc. Then his dad died in a car crash and he started showing symptoms, even though Aspergers' was only diagnosed years later. She could probably say it was vaccines, but since this life altering event also took place, there was something else to blame. I dont think she will ever know. When we speak about her departed husband, when she tells me his personality traits etc, I can see some of those traits in her son. Somewhere there are genetic links as well, and maybe some link to the stress of losing his dad as well.

Edited by Toitjie
  • Like 1

I guess it is each parents choice to inject these toxins into their babies blood. Today's vaccines not only contain live versions of the diseases you DO NOT WANT, but also contain GMOs, hormones from infected cows, pigs, chickens and monkeys, untested virus combinations (like H1N1), aluminum, mercury, emulsifiers, and crossbred bacteria from animals, mosquitoes, and diseased humans:

Some vaccines contain attenuated virus, and others inactivated virus..............that is the whole point of how they work and why the smallpox vaccine used the poxivirus cowpox...............there is a similar premise in certain homeopathic treatments, where "like treats like".

Very few people die from being vaccinated, whereas hundreds of thousands who are not vaccinated die.

Do we really want to go back to the days of children dying from measles, statistically 2 in every thousand would die and others would be left brain damaged.

• Data documenting the number of cases of a disease before and after the introduction of a vaccine, however, demonstrate that vaccines are overwhelmingly responsible for the largest drops in disease rates. Measles cases, for example, numbered anywhere from 300,000 to 800,000 a year in the United States between 1950 and 1963, when a newly licensed measles vaccine went into widespread use. By 1965, U.S. measles cases were beginning a dramatic drop. In 1968 about 22,000 cases were reported (a drop of 97.25% from the height of 800,000 cases in just three years); by 1998, the number of cases averaged about 100 per year or less. A similar post-vaccination drop occurred with most diseases for which vaccines are available.
  • Perhaps the best evidence that vaccines, and not hygiene and nutrition, are responsible for the sharp drop in disease and death rates is chicken pox. If hygiene and nutrition alone were enough to prevent infectious diseases, chicken pox rates would have dropped long before the introduction of the varicella vaccine, which was not available until the mid-1990s. Instead, the number of chicken pox cases in the United States in the early 1990s, before the vaccine was introduced in 1995, was about four million a year. By 2004, the disease incidence had dropped by about 85%.

For 2008, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention received reports of 134 cases of measles in the United States, the most cases in a year since 1996. Of these cases, more than 90% had not been vaccinated or had an unknown vaccination status.

Measles remains a threat throughout the world. The World Health Organization credits immunization efforts for a nearly 75% reduction in global measles deaths from 2000 to 2007, but it’s estimated that the disease still causes nearly 200,000 deaths each year. (200,000 children dead from an entirely preventable disease)

• Like 1

Measles Live Virus Vaccine: (Attenuvax) Made by Merck. Two injections are given; one at 1 year and another at 4 years old. Contains gelatin, sorbitol, sodium chloride, bovine cow serum, egg protein and human albumin.

Measles and Mumps Live Virus Vaccine: (M-M-Rvax) Made by Merck. Injected into one year old babies. Contains gelatin, sorbitol, sodium chloride, bovine cow serum, and human albumin.

Diptheria, Tetanus and Polio Vaccine: Five injections given between 2 and 6 years of age, plus boosters "recommended" every 10 years. Contains formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol and aluminum phosphate.

DTaP, IPV, HBV and Hib*: (Diphtheria, tetanus, polio, hepatitis B and Haemophilus influenza type B) Given to infants 2 to 12 months with boosters less than a year later. Contains aluminum hydroxide, formaldehyde, and bovine cow serum.

Gardasil HPV: Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Made by Merck. Administered to children as young as 9 years of age for a rare sexually transmitted disease. Contains polysorbate 80, sodium chloride, aluminum, and a "denatured" (fragmented and weakened) form of the virus.

Toxic vaccine ingredients and their adverse effects:

Bovine cow serum: Extracted from cow skin. When injected causes connective tissue disorders, arthritis and lupus; also shortness of breath, low blood pressure, chest pain and skin reactions.

Sorbitol: Synthetic sweetener which metabolizes very slowly and aggravates IBS and gastrointestinal issues.

Gelatin: Derived from the collagen inside animals' skin and bones. Injecting gelatin poses the risk of infection from synthetic growth hormones and BSE infectivity (mad cow disease).

Sodium chloride: Raises blood pressure and inhibits muscle contraction and growth.

Egg protein: Vaccines are prepared in eggs (certainly not organic). May contain growth hormones, antibiotics, and salmonella bacteria.

Thimerosal: A neurotoxic mercury which causes autism: There are 25 mcg in one average flu vaccine, and the EPA safety limit is 5 micrograms, so children who are vaccinated simultaneously with multiple* vaccines receive over 10 times the safety limit of mercury in one day.

Human albumin: The protein portion of blood from pooled human venous plasma; when injected causes fever, chills, hives, rash, headache, nausea, breathing difficulty, and rapid heart rate. Injecting "pooled blood" can result in a loss of body cell mass and cause immunodeficiency virus infection, or contain SV40, AIDS, cancer or Hepatitis B from drug addicts.

Formaldehyde: Highly carcinogenic fluid used to embalm corpses. Ranked one of the most hazardous compounds to human health; can cause liver damage, gastrointestinal issues, reproductive deformation, respiratory distress and cancer. Plus, formaldehyde has been known to fail to deactivate the virus the vaccine is intended to cure, thus enabling a live virus to enter your blood and infect your system.

Phenoxyethanol: A glycol ether/chemical; highly toxic to the nervous system, kidneys, and liver. The FDA warns "can cause shut down of the central nervous system (CNS), vomiting and contact dermatitis" in cosmetics; imagine when injected into your blood.

Aluminum phosphate: Greatly increases toxicity of mercury, so caution about minimum mercury tolerance is therefore severely underestimated. CDC scientists and all doctors are well aware of this.

MSG (monosodium glutamate): When injected becomes a neurotoxin, causing CNS disorders and brain damage in children.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035431_vaccine_ingredients_side_effects_MSG.html#ixzz30t5FURFP

I believe it is each parent's responsibility. It's the lesser of two evils, and the alternative is much, much worse.

I know this is an extremely contentious issue, but please tell me - what do you think would happen if everyone decided not to vaccinate?

Why should selected parents 'protect' their children from vaccination while all other parents have to take a chance and vaccinate for 'the greater good' ? it isn't exactly fair.

Believe me, I say this while watching a very close friend going through hell. Her son was diagnosed with autism about a year ago and she never vaccinated because she had done all the research, and was a conciencious objector.

Edited by Bronwyn&Co
  • Like 1

It is a sensitive and very emotional subject, and I have always tried to respect other peoples choices, but over the past few years in Australia, there have been some really sad cases, such as 4 babies dying from whooping cough a couple of years ago.

I just wish we had absolute scientific proof of what causes autism etc. There are so many diseases and illnesses that can kill humans, surely if we have ways of preventing unnecessary deaths, we have to do so?

I had whooping cough while pregnant and cursed all those who were not vaccinated and had passed this on to me. From six months pregnant to the end (nearly four months in total) I did not sleep for more than 10 minutes at a time 24/7 while sitting up in a chair and I couldn't eat solid food for the whole time either because it set off the cough. It was a NIGHTMARE and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'm only grateful that it was me that got it and not my newborn son. As it is he was shaken in utero for those four months and it has affected his nervous system. He was the niggliest baby ever but thankfully my second child otherwise I would have got post natal depression thinking that I was the worst mother - unable to cope with this permanently overwrought baby.

As for the link to vaccination for autism, I have read some recent articles that it is not the vaccine itself but if a child gets a fever that sets off adverse brain action. These children are susceptible to fever causing the problem - so any fever for any reason including a cold. I always dosed my kids before and after vaccination so not sure if that would be a new recommendation?

Crisplet - an interesting twist to this discussion!

I have also always dosed my babies before injections and they were always ok. But the effect of fever I never thought of in this way, but thinking back - there were differences in the way my kids handled fever. One day when I got to the creche, Kayla had a fever of 40...she was less than a year old. I was beyond shocked and immediately treated her, and she was fine. Aiden on the other hand reacted much much worse to fever. I always gave them syrup for fever and if it went over 39 I got antibiotics (another can of worms) but then they got immediately better. One night, when Aiden was about 2, he was sick and his fever was steadily rising. But I have at that time read about antibiotics and I decided to not go that route. In the middle of the night he had a seizure because of the high fever. I nearly died that night.

Later years, I tried again to go off the antibiotics and this time his eardrum burst because he was so sick. His body definitely does not handle fever well whereas his sister copes much better. Im just thankful that the fever episodes he had didnt cause any serious issues. Although I will say, of the 2 he was from birth by far the more niggly baby.

Our first child is fully vaccinated apart from rotarix. She was extremely sick from her first rotarix immunization and ended up being hospitalized with a bleeding stomach at 4 months old (reaction to the immunisation). She also got extremely sick from prevnar. She ended up with a 40 degree fever for 3 days and I honestly aged 4 years during those days. Today she is fine. Scared the hell out of me though.

Edited by Mel-B