Jump to content
ozosborne

Hi there, possibly going to Brisbane

Recommended Posts

ozosborne

Hi there, 

 

Currently living in Alberton. I own a trailer manufacturing company (X Factor Sport).

 

Got a sudden offer come up out of Brisbane as a branch manager for a towbar manufacturing / fitment company. I am looking at doing a medium to long term sponsorship visa application, think it is a 482 visa.

 

Seems like we should be taking the leap in taking my family of 4 over. 

 

I have many many questions, but thought I would introduce myself first.

 

Cheers, 

 

Oz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrisH

Welcome to the forum!

 

You are going to love Brisbane!  There are a couple of forum members in Brissie so ask away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ozosborne
On 9/13/2019 at 12:08 AM, ChrisH said:

Welcome to the forum!

 

You are going to love Brisbane!  There are a couple of forum members in Brissie so ask away.

 

Thanks a million!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riekie

You're one of the lucky ones who gets to take this journey with a job lined up, so go for it! Just do it with an open mind and positive attitude and you'll be right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TamTam

Brisbane is really lovely, very family friendly. I am frequently impressed with the general friendliness of the people I meet here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ozosborne

Thanks guys. So I gave the migration agent the go ahead yesterday. She says she will have us done and dusted before January as that is what we are aiming for, this way the kids can get started in school as it opens. I understand the schools start around 25 January?

 

Any other members here from Brisbane? Im particularly wanting to know if there are areas to steer clear of? I will be working in Slacks Creek, and wanted to make it easy on us and just rent a home in the same area, also found a school that seemed suitable. Mabel State School. Is the Slacks Creek area all right and safe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TamTam

I don't know the south that well but I have a colleague who lives in Victoria Point and apparently it's lovely.

Generally speaking most suburbs are pretty safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ozosborne
15 hours ago, TamTam said:

I don't know the south that well but I have a colleague who lives in Victoria Point and apparently it's lovely.

Generally speaking most suburbs are pretty safe.

Thank you, funnily enough we found a suburb called Alberton in Brsibane, we currently live in Alberton Gauteng. ha ha ha. 

 

I will keep researching on what suburbs etc are better. But it seems to be a bit of pot luck without actually being there. For some reason my employers said Slacks Creek itself is more industrial and did not recommend living there, even though I have found houses for rental and a state school in the suburb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jelly
6 hours ago, ozosborne said:

Thank you, funnily enough we found a suburb called Alberton in Brsibane, we currently live in Alberton Gauteng. ha ha ha. 

 

I will keep researching on what suburbs etc are better. But it seems to be a bit of pot luck without actually being there. For some reason my employers said Slacks Creek itself is more industrial and did not recommend living there, even though I have found houses for rental and a state school in the suburb?

 

Hi @ozosborne

 

This may be helpful to you: https://www.homely.com.au/slacks-creek-logan-brisbane-queensland

 

You can look up any suburb on that site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...