Hi there, possibly going to Brisbane

ozosborne

Hi there, 

Currently living in Alberton. I own a trailer manufacturing company (X Factor Sport).

Got a sudden offer come up out of Brisbane as a branch manager for a towbar manufacturing / fitment company. I am looking at doing a medium to long term sponsorship visa application, think it is a 482 visa.

Seems like we should be taking the leap in taking my family of 4 over. 

I have many many questions, but thought I would introduce myself first.

Cheers, 

Oz.

Welcome to the forum!

You are going to love Brisbane!  There are a couple of forum members in Brissie so ask away.

On 9/13/2019 at 12:08 AM, ChrisH said:

Welcome to the forum!

You are going to love Brisbane!  There are a couple of forum members in Brissie so ask away.

Thanks a million!!

You're one of the lucky ones who gets to take this journey with a job lined up, so go for it! Just do it with an open mind and positive attitude and you'll be right. 

Brisbane is really lovely, very family friendly. I am frequently impressed with the general friendliness of the people I meet here.

Thanks guys. So I gave the migration agent the go ahead yesterday. She says she will have us done and dusted before January as that is what we are aiming for, this way the kids can get started in school as it opens. I understand the schools start around 25 January?

Any other members here from Brisbane? Im particularly wanting to know if there are areas to steer clear of? I will be working in Slacks Creek, and wanted to make it easy on us and just rent a home in the same area, also found a school that seemed suitable. Mabel State School. Is the Slacks Creek area all right and safe?

I don't know the south that well but I have a colleague who lives in Victoria Point and apparently it's lovely.

Generally speaking most suburbs are pretty safe.

15 hours ago, TamTam said:

I don't know the south that well but I have a colleague who lives in Victoria Point and apparently it's lovely.

Generally speaking most suburbs are pretty safe.

Thank you, funnily enough we found a suburb called Alberton in Brsibane, we currently live in Alberton Gauteng. ha ha ha. 

I will keep researching on what suburbs etc are better. But it seems to be a bit of pot luck without actually being there. For some reason my employers said Slacks Creek itself is more industrial and did not recommend living there, even though I have found houses for rental and a state school in the suburb?

6 hours ago, ozosborne said:

Thank you, funnily enough we found a suburb called Alberton in Brsibane, we currently live in Alberton Gauteng. ha ha ha. 

I will keep researching on what suburbs etc are better. But it seems to be a bit of pot luck without actually being there. For some reason my employers said Slacks Creek itself is more industrial and did not recommend living there, even though I have found houses for rental and a state school in the suburb?

Hi @ozosborne

This may be helpful to you: https://www.homely.com.au/slacks-creek-logan-brisbane-queensland

You can look up any suburb on that site.

• 4 months later...
On 9/19/2019 at 12:44 PM, ozosborne said:

Thanks, all of the input is really helpful

Hello @ozosborne.

How did your move work out? Which suburb and school did you eventually settle for?