Changes to an EOI

Hi all,

I submitted my EOI for a 189/190 application during December 2018. My ANZCO code is for external auditor (221213). 

My 482 sponsor indicated that they will submit their application for accountant (general) (221111) and recommended I also update my skills assessment from 221213 to 221111. I am in the process of doing this with CAAnz.

Question:

Can I just update my existing EOI for 221213 with the new occupation number being 221111 when I receive the updated skills assessment, or should I submit a new EOI. I would obviously prefer to retain the previous one since its been in the queue now since December 2018, but concerned that an update to the specific occupation, may cause issues with the Department later on?

Hello MJO,

If you update your current EOI with a different occupation then the queue date will be reset.  You will need to be careful re what occupation you choose because for the SC189/190 you will need to prove your relevant work experience in a closely related occupation (Accountant and External Auditor are not closely related for points claiming purposes). 

I hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks SD_MOA

I get your point on closely related, however, the tasks I do on a daily basis, in my mind, supports both.

- I manage audit engagements (221213), but at the same time, I also review financials against requirements of IFRS (221111).

I will share my employee reference letter with my 482 agent just to consider.

Thanks for the feedback

Hello MJO,

No problem. 

If CAANZ are happy to confirm your work experience as meeting their requirements for a particular occupation then that is normally enough to satisfy DHA.

Regards