Tasmania 489 invitation

DigiGander

This morning we received the great news that we have been invited to lodge an application for our 489 visa to Tasmania. 

After months of document gathering and phoning old employers, finally we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. All of a sudden a million things run through your mind and a bunch of questions, like for instance now I am wondering about full PR. Does anyone know how long you have to stay in the territory that's invited you in order to get a full PR? What is that full PR code going from a 489? 

Any way, we are elated, however we are not counting our chickens and will be putting in the same effort to finalise the lodging of our visa and receiving our final granted visa. I am sure those of you who have been through this, you would know it is pretty hectic, but if you take it one step at a time, work at night and stay patient, it is definitely something that can be achieved. We started our journey on the 14th of July 2017. If all goes well, then we will board a plane in January 2019. It sounds like it's far, but it most definitely is not. 

Anyway, just some happiness on this day, the 23rd of May 2018. 

You are welcome to comment on the way forward and how you experiences the lodging process. It will help us prepare ourselves mentally. 

Congrats @DigiGander...getting that invite is just as relieving as that visa grant!

For the 489, you have to live in Tasmania for 2 years and have worked in full time employment for 12 months.  As far as I know, the employment need not be the skills you have declared to get the visa, it could be anything so long as it's 12 months full time.  After  you meet this criteria, you could then apply for the 887 visa which is the pathway to PR.  Disclaimer: Please note that I am not an agent, the info I provided here is from what I read and have been told by my agents.  Please do more research in the event that anything has since changed....immigration process/rules can sometimes change overnight.

All the best going forward.