Visa Lodged - June 2017

danofotiadis

Good day mates!

I have the most amazing news: Our visas have been GRANTED, and I cant keep calm! We applied June 9th, CO contacted us Aug 7th and we've been checking daily ever since!The end of the beginning is here. KEEP THE FAITH guys.Yours are coming soon and I hope they come very soon.

God is indeed faithful.

• Like 7

@Lucian That is super encouraging. With which office was your application. I notice on the immi tracker that for the last few weeks that the Brisbane office only has grants on Thursdays and Fridays. I assume they are understaffed or just a very small office compared to the Adelaide office.

Anyways, good luck, the real fun starts now

1 minute ago, AdriaanSanta said:

@Lucian That is super encouraging. With which office was your application. I notice on the immi tracker that for the last few weeks that the Brisbane office only has grants on Thursdays and Fridays. I assume they are understaffed or just a very small office compared to the Adelaide office.

Anyways, good luck, the real fun starts now

Thanks so much @AdriaanSanta. So our grant came from Adelaide.Feels so surreal.

You lucky guys with the Adelaide office. I once heard it is like loosing a limb, it consumes so much of your time waiting and checking for your visa and trolling the forums for some info that when it happens it leave a small hole ;-)

Any ways, I am counting the days and waiting for my good news.

On 10/26/2017 at 9:52 AM, AdriaanSanta said:

Any ways, I am counting the days and waiting for my good news.

You and me both @AdriaanSanta, you and me both :-)

Update the table @Lucian!

NAME VISA APPLICATION DATE VISA CO CONTACT ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED VISA GRANTED
danofotiadis 20/06/2017 190 26/06/2017 Yes TBC
AdriaanSanta 21/06/2017 189 07/08/2017 Yes TBC
Lucian 09/06/2017 189 07/08/2017 Yes 26/10/2017
BlueBaboon 16/06/2017 189 - - 15/08/2017
Pepe 01/06/2017 189 - - 14/09/2017

• 2 weeks later...

Great news Lucian so happy for you man! 

We down to single digits now, 9 Days to go and boy the time does fly once that visa is granted i wont lie, i always thought that it was a lot of hoey but its spot on one minute its months then next its only a few days!

All the best for the rest of the June guys! 

See you all on the other side!

• Like 1

Thanks @BlueBaboon. It was a long time coming, but at last our prayers were answered. We continue to hope and pray for som good news for @danofotiadis and @AdriaanSanta. I think that they shouldn't have too much longer to wait. The very last of the April/May group got their grant today after just over 5 months, so hang in there mates! Your grants are nigh!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit Lucian. Nothing on my side. The Brisbane office seems to be doing very little to nothing. Still holding thumbs that it will come through this year.

• 1 month later...

@Lucian unfortunately not. I was hoping for a christmas gift but to no avail. I'm going to sound like a broken record but something is up with the Brisbane office and that is where my application is. The Adelaide office is issuing visas like it is free but the Brisbane office is showing virtually zero activity on immitracker.

Anyways. The wait goes on, it will come when the time is right.

• 1 month later...

:DGreat News Our Visas were granted yesterday after 8 lonnggg months.  We're on the 489 State sponsored and entry date before 04.07.2018.

Good luck to the rest of the June lodgers still waiting, it's really worth the feeling of freedom and starting a new life in a better country.

Now to make our plans......any advice on what to do first?:unsure:

• Like 1

Celebrate first and foremost! Congratulations!!

Thanks everyone it's taken a few days to sink in so all good now.

We are going to Adelaide as SA is one of the regions we can live and work in.

Anyone who is has recently settled in Adelaide that can give us some tips - especially on good schools and rental properties?

Thanks

On 2/3/2018 at 1:53 PM, Charnmario said:

Thanks everyone it's taken a few days to sink in so all good now.

We are going to Adelaide as SA is one of the regions we can live and work in.

Anyone who is has recently settled in Adelaide that can give us some tips - especially on good schools and rental properties?

Thanks

Congratulations!!!

We have our container being loaded on 22 Feb, house transfers to the buyers on 28 Feb and then flying to Perth on 3 March. Super excited!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Time to resurrect this old post. Our grant has come through just a few hours ago. Thanks to all who has supported us and everybody else in this forum.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2018 at 1:19 PM, AdriaanSanta said:

Time to resurrect this old post. Our grant has come through just a few hours ago. Thanks to all who has supported us and everybody else in this forum.

Congratulations!!!! When are you planning on doing your move?

We arrived in Perth on Sunday so busy sorting out all the things you gotta do once you have arrived :)

10 hours ago, EngineerZA said:

Congratulations!!!! When are you planning on doing your move?

We arrived in Perth on Sunday so busy sorting out all the things you gotta do once you have arrived :)

Hi. So I am already in Sydney. First thing was to get a bank account, medicare card and drivers license. I am now trying to secure a rental for the 1st of April. I had to start work immediately. Long story short, the wife and kids will fly over 1st week of April and then the new life begins. Luck for me I have been dealing with my new co-workers for a few years now and I managed to borrow enough furniture to make a livable house until my container arrives in about 2 months.

How is Perth?

On 3/10/2018 at 3:40 AM, AdriaanSanta said:

Hi. So I am already in Sydney. First thing was to get a bank account, medicare card and drivers license. I am now trying to secure a rental for the 1st of April. I had to start work immediately. Long story short, the wife and kids will fly over 1st week of April and then the new life begins. Luck for me I have been dealing with my new co-workers for a few years now and I managed to borrow enough furniture to make a livable house until my container arrives in about 2 months.

How is Perth?

Wow, sounds great, happy for you! I can imagine that you are looking forward to your wife, kids and container arriving :)

We have sorted bank account, medicare (still waiting for card to be delivered), TFN and cell contract etc. We are just waiting on the medicare card to be delivered before doing the drivers licence (they wont accept the paper copy of the card here in WA).

Had 2 weeks of leave before starting work again (starting on Monday 19th) so have been able to see a bit of Perth (in between my wife and I both having a bad case of the flu).

Accommodation is secured until end April and then will look for something more long term.

Have also been looking at vehicles, but still not decided on what I want to get yet, so its a rental until I make up my mind. Luckily I had some Avios points saved up to cover a portion of the rental.

Anyone else in the June 2017 camp made the move yet?