Visa Lodged - June 2017

danofotiadis

Congratulations @BlueBaboon

Take time to enjoy this moment and good luck

• Like 2

Great stuff @BlueBaboon!!

Amazing news and a tremendous relief I'm sure! I also got contacted by my CO on Friday requesting the last piece of the puzzle, my PCC, which I finally collected, scanned and submitted yesterday. So all things considered, everything they've requested is now in. Can't help but feel irritated that it's the second time my CO has now looked at my case and not had the full docs (first time was timing, second time was no excuse to still not have PCC), but ok.

Regardless, I'm really chuffed to see the wheels turning and positive feedback arriving for the guys in this group!

• Like 2

On 8/10/2017 at 11:10 AM, Lucian said:

@danofotiadis two months for PCC and its still not out? Ave you tried checking with Pretoria SAPS mate?My wife's and mine were out in 5weeks.

As a side note @Lucian, it turns out my PCC was ready on the 11th June (or so the stamp on the document says). The problem was that nobody at SAPS marked it as complete and ready for collection on the system. So every time M2O would phone and visit to collect, the person would check the system and tell them it's not ready. Had they just looked in the stack of brown envelopes behind them, they would have found it (as they did when I insisted it must be ready). I've collected them and submitted them to Aus, and the SAPS site still says they're not finalized.

• Like 1

I noticed it doesnt help at all to look at the SAPS site for your status of PCC. My PCC is issued to Aus already and still the police site shows as not complete.

4 hours ago, BlueBaboon said:

Morning Everyone, Well looks like I called it with my Agent :D We got the call this morning PR 189 Granted!!!!! Whoooooo hoooooo Tasmania here we come! Hope you guys hear something soon!

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED

VISA GRANTED

danofotiadis

20/06/2017

26/06/2017

Yes

TBC

AdriaanSanta

21/06/2017

07/08/2017

Yes

TBC

Lucian

14/06/2017

07/08/2017

Yes

TBC

BlueBaboon

16/06/2017

-

-

15/08/2017

Pepe

01/06/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Too cool.Congratulations @bluebaboon! Proud o you.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, lets hope your visas arrive soon as well :) 

Lets hope so. It seems like DIBP is assessing the June lodgments at a good rate so fingers crossed you guys hear something this week

• Like 1

Wow guys! 4 out 5 members have been contacted by case officers. To top it of 1 already received his VISA. Totally different picture in the April/May blog. 

• Like 1

Yip saw that, very weird how the DIPB are going about business, but im not complaining hahahah

• Like 1

So things are cooking for me now, sent my CV off to all the Engineering companies I could find in Tasmania, and woke this morning to one asking for a skype interview :). So Monday its on like a scone. Seems like Draftsman are hot property :) Will keep you guys posted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueBaboon said:

So things are cooking for me now, sent my CV off to all the Engineering companies I could find in Tasmania, and woke this morning to one asking for a skype interview :). So Monday its on like a scone. Seems like Draftsman are hot property :) Will keep you guys posted.

Aah lovely @BlueBaboon !Attended a seminar on Oz immigration back in March and the presenters mentioned that the unemployment rate in Australia is under 5%. That was a push factor for me right there. A country where getting a good job is not a question of "if" but "when", is a good country.Wish you the very best in your interview mate. If you get it, that'll really be the bees knees!

• Thanks 1

So my wife's pcc now reflects it as finalised!Yay!Is it possible to collect pcc in Pretoria on a Saturday?

• Like 1

It is very unlikely that criminal records will be open on a Saturday. You can venture in there and have a look but I doubt it. You can even apply for a criminal record at the police station on a Saturday because the cashiers are closed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lucian said:

So my wife's pcc now reflects it as finalised!Yay!Is it possible to collect pcc in Pretoria on a Saturday?

It is possible to collect on a weekend @Lucian. I took a drive through to Pretoria on a Saturday afternoon to collect and all was good. Eventually 🙂

Hint: however don't try calling them to establish if you can go collect because they don't answer phones on weekends, but they do man the desks.

• Thanks 1

@AdriaanSanta and @danofotiadis thanks very much for your help. I eventually went to SAPS Pretoria and succeeded in getting the PCC. Turns out when they say 24/7 for collection and submission on their website, they aint kidding! So now we wait yet again patiently.

• Like 1

So I had the Skype interview this morning , very weird hahaha it was my first one every and probably like my 2nd video call of all time hahah.

It went really well though, I think, they sound very keen and will get back to me this week, they also sound quite flexible in terms of when we can get over there as they said they would be happy if I arrived late Oct.

So glad I read up on the forum about skype interviews and what Oz employers ask in interviews, as they pretty much asked everything that the post on the forum mentioned.

The interviews are very relaxed compared to SA interviews I have been in over the years, whether that's because of it being a skype interview, and im sitting at home or the lack of that tense interview atmosphere not being there cause I was sitting in my lounge I don't know.

From what they explained it sounds like it will be a great career move for me, never mind the actual move for my family to escape Zumbabwe, as they were talking about training me up to be able to do site supervision and Design as well as my normal drafting that I do here. Its the opportunities that I am missing out on here in SA for reasons that will not be mentioned...

God is really going before us on this journey of emigration and its reassuring to feel that things are going so smoothly that are out of our control. Really helping build my faith.

Anyway fingers crossed and hope you guys hear from DIBP soon, I have seen a few 189s on the SA Migrating FB page so maybe this week is your guys turn. :) 

• Like 5

Good day mates. Are any rumours of rumours of whats going on in the mysterious world of Aussie Immigration doing the rounds? I submitted my wife's ammended PCC complete with her maiden and married name last Saturday. It remains to be seen how long they will keep us in suspense.:)

Howzit Lucian,

Nothing new on my side - doing the odd random immi account login to check and just seeing "Assessment in progress".

It's "hurry up and wait" now, I guess. <_<

• Thanks 1

Howsit Guys...

Got some great news again, submitted my portfolio to the guys upon their request last week after my interview and they got back to me today saying that I have the job and were impressed with my work and if I can start mid November.

They sending the paper work through in the next couple of days and I should be in Tasmania in November to start work and our new lives down under! :)

Its gona be a hectic couple of months left in SA trying to get my flat sold (its been on the market for 3 months already) and tie up the last loose ends, luckily I have done pretty much most of that.

Feels so surreal! Any news on your guys Visas

• Like 2

Nope, still waiting for an additional PCC for my wife. All other docs requested was submitted. The PCC should come through this week. Hopefully it goes fast from there. How does the PCC's get submitted, do they need the original in Aus or does it get scanned and mailed?

• Like 1

Thanks for the exciting news on your progress @Bluebaboon.I think the one thing everyone hopes for is to get employment soon after landing.To get the job before even taking off though,that is first prize!Congrats mate.From my end,still patiently waiting and hoping for a grant any day now.CO contacted us 3 weeks ago. Took us a week and a half to submit all her requested docs and been waiting ever since. Meanwhile,we cant buy sell or plan anything long term yet.So nerve wracking.

• Like 1