VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

My Vodacom phone worked very well (but of course you have to be careful of costs). But if you put an Ozzie sim in your phone you should be able to use all your apps with no issues, and of course even on MTN you can use Wifi to do all your standard stuff. Many restaurants and even shopping centres have free wifi.

• 6 months later...
On 11/7/2017 at 7:12 PM, Karools said:

So, 3 December we take off for melbourne via sydney, spending two nights in melbourne before driving the 300kms west to our new town and new lives. 

Where is everybody headed? 

Hi @Karools
I was just looking back at some old threads and wondered how you were going in Australia. Would love an update of your experience so far :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @RYLC

It’s been a busy 6 months for us. Enjoying the challenge of the new school and curriculum, getting involved with the community as much as we can. 

The new lifestyle is great for the kids, I have never spent so much time at home (extra curriculars not nearly as much over here).

We had a pretty rough landing with flight delays etc; I don’t have fond memories of Melbourne.

But our new home town Hamilton has been wonderful, loving it. 

The biggest negative by far is how secular life is over here, especially compared to the communities And  school I am used to. We are fortunate though to have a great church.

• Like 2