Australia Immigration Guide

10 hours ago, Mauro said:

chip in and say if it still relevant/not relevant?

Definitely not relevant, it's mostly automated so you need the actual transaction history from known/trusted Australian businesses. 

Something else people don't think about is you will be in a probation period when you start working (3 - 6 months).  No financial institution will even look at a finance application before your probation period is up. 

The other issue is because you're signing up for so many things in your first couple of months you actually have a poor credit rating because of the number of hits on your profile.

Do not underestimate how much cash you will need to get on your feet this side.

• Like 1

@ChrisH, wrt "Do not underestimate how much cash you will need to get on your feet this side", can you provide a rough estimate we could work towards? 

Hi Anusha, i have put together a breakdown and some ramblings here :)

On 12/1/2017 at 1:48 PM, Anusha said:

@ChrisH, wrt "Do not underestimate how much cash you will need to get on your feet this side", can you provide a rough estimate we could work towards? 

In our case we were lucky, we stayed with a friend for the first month and had the use of one of his cars for the first couple of months so we didn't even have those expenses.  Things affecting the amount of money you need:

• Emigrants often struggle to find work because they lack local experience.  I was extremely lucky to find a job in my field in the first week of starting to look for employment.
  • You have no credit history and a bank will not give you a loan before your probation period is over, I have a 6 month probation period at my current employer.
  • You will need to buy a car/cars cash. Sure you can use public transport but it's not always a viable solution to all your transport needs (unless you live in the CBD).
  • Rent... because we had no employment or rental history in Australia they required 3 months rent upfront.  You might be able to sidestep this one, would depend on the agent/landlord.
  • There are plenty of smaller expenses like license conversion ($170.75 a pop for a 5-year license), these all add up.

There is no point in giving you a figure of how much money we needed to get going as there are just too many variables to account for.