Australia Immigration Guide

Thanks @matrx Like I said, it is a consolidation of links, tips, documents etc that I have found throughout this forum. The 100 steps process guide was used as a foundation to start this off.

Trello is amazing software. They were bought out by a company here in Sydney called Atlassian. I guess that makes them somewhat Aussie.

But I would remove the task about buying multi plugs. Australia has the same plugs as China.  Those 2 pin plugs you have in RSA is actually a "Euro Plug" (also called a Type C). And any these days you can buy plug here with 4 usb plugs on it. So it can charge 4 cell phones at once. You can also buy South Africa to Aussie plugs. An "aussie plug" is just a Chineese plug thats up to australian standards  (yes, australia has the same plugs as China). You can buy RSA -> Aussie in the local officeworks.

But I would add go for dentist checkups. A crown (and a root canal) can easily run between $3000 and $5000. So find a good dentist in RSA and get it done right beore you go.

Just a word of caution on plugs... 

South African multiplugs are only SABS certified, not Aussie certified. If you cut off the plug and put on an aussie plug to use it with your SA appliances and your house burns down or anything like that your insurance could say you used a non-certified multiplug.

Rather replace each and every plug on every electrical device you use there. 2 prong chargers you'd have to buy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@monsta Yip, I saw that they recently got bought out by Atlassian. They have a good suite of products,so hopefully they will continue making the product great. With regards to the dentist, I have a card for that to go do all you medicals before you go.

@monsta @ChrisH Cool, thanks for the heads up guys. I have removed the card about the plugs. Rather not cause someone major issues over something as small as that.

@Mauro, great job making a Trello board! Thanks for sharing the benefit of your effort with the rest of the forumites! :D  :ilikeit: 

Thanks, this is a big help.

We have applied and are in the waiting room, hoping to move over in Feb 2018. Your board makes it very clear just how much work we still have left. ?

3 hours ago, RedPanda said:

@Mauro, great job making a Trello board! Thanks for sharing the benefit of your effort with the rest of the forumites! :D  :ilikeit: 

No problem. It is the least I could do after all the help everyone has given in this forum

• Like 2

@Mauro, what a great tool to have and to keep everyone in the family on the same page. Really a great help to us and thank you so much for sharing. Bless you brother ??

• Like 1

@Admins, just and idea. I'm not sure if you want to pin this topic to help future people looking to move to Oz?

• Like 1

I have done so!

• Mara pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an amazing tool, thank you so much! I'm a big fan of Trello but never even thought to use it for this. 

7 hours ago, Tntaglia said:

This is an amazing tool, thank you so much! I'm a big fan of Trello but never even thought to use it for this. 

No problem. Yip, the idea just kind of struck me while I was trying to work out what I needed to do. Also love Trello, great software!

• Like 1

We first got put onto it by @EmNew, we used it for the whole process. But we never went All Out like you @Mauro ;) well done indeed!

• 1 month later...

@Mauro Thank you so much for this! I am a newbie -just starting the whole auz process and this is so useful :) 

Edited by Lindz709
Spelling
  • Like 1

Very nice post. Well done!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Mauro Brilliant. Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We use @Mauro's trello board daily to plan our move - so thank you again!

Just one thing, your link for international removals, your first one is for Bailey's but I followed that link and it gives a national Australian company and they do not do removals. I think it's supposed to point to http://bayleyworldwide.co.za/ (right now it points to http://www.baileysremovals.com.au/)

But all in all an amazing piece of technology to help us all through this!

Awesome, great you are finding it useful as well. Thanks for that I have updated the board, so that anyone that gets a copy of it now will get the correct info.

Hey hey, thank your for this, what is "Request credit references from your bank", I did ask FNB hoping that they know, but the question was frowned upon... Kindly help? 

That information was added as I was scouring the forums. We haven't got to that stage in the process yet, but AFAIK you can show the banks etc in Australia that you have a good credit reference to make it easier on that side. If anyone else who is in Aus could chip in and say if it still relevant/not relevant?