Visas lodged Jan\Feb 2017

DannyReed32

1 hour ago, CazK said:

Thanks for the well wishes! :D We are indeed very excited, but it is also daunting. There are certain family members (such as my mom) who are not going to take this news particularly well (a lot of family background stuff there, which I'm not going to unpack on this forum). We are doing this for our two boys...we just need to keep reminding ourselves that. But yes, celebrations tonight! :D

Congratulations!!

I hear you re family, good luck.

• Like 1

PCC's just uploaded:D

All requested documents done! 

Now the wait for the CO to decide the next step:unsure:

• Like 3

Finally the agents picked up the PCC and uploaded it (only three weeks after they were marked as completed....?).

Now everything is in the hands of the case officer.

Welcome back to some more limbo @rossfamily;

we are a week past our 28 days that the CO gave us, and we still haven't heard anything yet. The wait is really a killer.

When is everyone in this group expecting to leave the country? Our plan is to be in Oz by the 1st of July.

Going on a LSD trip in October!    (:lol: Still find the LSD abbreviation funny)

Plan to move over during the December hollidays so that the kids can start a fresh year in school.

• Like 1

I see.

December is also around the corner. Jip I find it funny as well... all the more because LSD also puts you on a trip. Bit of a weird trip hahaha :jester:.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dean04 said:

Plan to move over during the December hollidays so that the kids can start a fresh year in school.

Just wondering if you have seen the various posts around the place about timing for moving.

Most people will tell you that December is a very bad time to move.  It's hot. Accommodation is expensive because it's peak season.  Kids are bored and are more likely to be homesick without the structure and busyness of school.  Most of Australia is on holiday and job hunting will be frustrating. Everything literally shuts down until Australia Day on 26 January.

Just thought you'd want to know what you'll be hitting in December and most of January.

Would it be worth considering to rather stay in RSA for one last Christmas and then come in mid to late January?  

• Like 1

I agree. With the chats I have had with people living there - it appears to be better to move over mid Jan which will give you time to settle and then you can start job hunting on the 1st week of Feb. 

@RYLC

Yup It's not a good time, will spend our last Christmas with family first then go soon after.

Nothing set in stone yet but planning to leave around then once we've sold cars and houses. 

We are about to put our house on the market (notified the bank over a month ago to try and avoid penalties) and my husband has started to apply for jobs. The plan is to head for Melbourne in June/July (or sooner if there is a job offer), as we need to wait for the house money to clear. Thankfully we live in an area where there is quite a bit of demand, so it shouldn't take too long to sell the house. Aiming for the eastern suburbs (Burwood East, Forest Hill, Vermont, Mitcham area).

The posts about when the best time to immigrate was also the deciding factor for us. That's why we've decided to do it in the middle of the year. I'm on the machining side of things and as far as it goes here much of our industry only starts being productive around march. sometimes even up to April. Even though we start working early January

That being said if Oz only starts up end of January we will have to use up way to much of our rand which becomes peanuts when converted to the aussie dollar.

@CazK I really hope you get your house sold asap. I don't want to scare you or anything but  the market is really not good at the moment. Our house has been on the market for a year now and still hasn't been sold. We decided to rent it out last month so we moved into a 2 bedroom townhouse. Crazy thing is our house is in a sought after neighborhood, it's got all the bells and whistles and its selling for under R800k but still "NADA" anyways just a heads up.

I hear you, @DannyReed32, but we've been watching houses sell in our area for the last while. They generally go in a month or so, even stupidly priced ones (2 were for sale for ridiculous amounts - we literally laughed, but had to swallow our words when both sold in less than a month!). That's Cape Town for you! 

• Like 1

We are planing to try and leave around June / July but also need to put the house on the market.

As soon as the grant letter comes through I will notify the bank and put the house on the market.  We don't want to wait too long but also are busy fixing a few things around the house. Hoping that it won't take too long to sell as a few houses in our area seemed to go quickly, but one house has been on the market for almost 3 months so not too sure what to expect.

Edited by rossfamily
Correction
  • Like 1

@Cazk sorry I just realized I did not congratulate you. 

21 hours ago, DannyReed32 said:

When is everyone in this group expecting to leave the country? Our plan is to be in Oz by the 1st of July.

Good luck everyone that is still waiting. It will work out!

We are flying in exactly one week! Container left yesterday after some delays. 

Edited by GKatherine
Pressed submit before typing :/
  • Like 4

So it seems that everyone is either flying directly after getting the visa or in the middle of the year. Only dean that's waiting for end of this year. But yeah everyone's circumstances are different. As long as we get there in the end as that's all that matters.

Everyone on this forum will agree that South Africa is a wonderful country. But its current state is terrible and with 50 murders a day the crime is getting out of hand. The sooner we go the better for our kids.

• Like 2

I was wondering if anyone might know the answer to something that’s worrying me.

There are Visa law changes coming up in July again:unsure:

Will these changes affect new applications from July or will it affect us as well?

I have no idea what the changes might be but the trend is to tighten the system up.

My mother in-law was originally included in our application and that was suddenly stopped with the November 2016 

changes to the family unit definition.:(

From what I understand any changes only affect visa's granted after the law is changed. 

Do any of you know changes to the visa laws affect people in our situation?

I can’t find any information online.

Hi

I am sure that any changes that they do to the visa laws will only be for visa applications done after the law is changed. I cannot see them re-evaluated all the visa's that they have granted.

• Like 2

Hi

Jip I agree with @FingersCrossed your visa application gets done on current laws. Even if your visa grant has not been given but your application has been submitted and they change the laws afterwards I'm sure it will still not effect us. Remember that's why they do the EOI they give you an invitation to apply for a

visa on your current circumstances as well as the current immigration laws.

• Like 1

Yup, thats what I thought.

Hope the changes are not too drastic for the new applicants!:o

Some of the agents on the facebook groups like to scare up a few extra customers by talking about Visa law changes.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

@Dean04 picking up on your point about your mother-in-law - I recently heard of someone getting a 457 with their mom as an adult dependent and they applied in November 2016 (granted February 2017). I was very surprised with the new law being passed, but it didn't seem an issue. 

Woke up to some good news this morning- we received our grant letters ?

So now the hard work begins 

• Like 6

How fabulous. Congrats. Enjoy this moment :)