Has anyone submitted the Aus Stat Declaration template to VETASSESS successfully?

mistermoose

I've just read this link:

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/9249-example-of-statutory-declaration-in-south-africa/page__p__67812__hl__declaration__fromsearch__1#entry67812

For some reason I remember reading somewhere that we were required to use the Australian Statutory Declaration template here:

http://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Documents/CommonwealthStatutorydeclarationform.doc

So that's what I did - and included many of these with my VETASSESS application. While this seems to be incorrect, has anyone submitted stat declarations (using the Aus format above) successfully?

If not, I'm going to have to go through the whole printing/notarising/couriering thing again to send the additional documents to VETASSESS again. And then my question is: will they simply add these docs to my existing application or will I need to resubmit a whole new pack all over again? Hoping this is not the case.

When we had to do a statutory declaration for my husband for Vetassess in 2011 we just typed a letter similar to one of the examples in that other post and it was accepted.

Have they told you yet that what you did was incorrect? At the end of the day it's just to say you're not in Australia so that you're exempt from the GST. So I'm sure as long as it says what it needs to and is signed by a commissioner of oaths then I can't see a problem.

Don't panic just yet, wait and see if they request it in a different format. Vetassess are extremely relaxed and so I really don't think they'll care much.

• Like 1

When we had to do a statutory declaration for my husband for Vetassess in 2011 we just typed a letter similar to one of the examples in that other post and it was accepted.

Have they told you yet that what you did was incorrect? At the end of the day it's just to say you're not in Australia so that you're exempt from the GST. So I'm sure as long as it says what it needs to and is signed by a commissioner of oaths then I can't see a problem.

Don't panic just yet, wait and see if they request it in a different format. Vetassess are extremely relaxed and so I really don't think they'll care much.

Thanks for making me feel a bit better :) They haven't come back with anything yet. I'd much rather wait and see if they ask for anything else before going on another mission, AS LONG AS they don't simply reply with a negative skills assessment because of the template, forcing me to start again with huge time and cost implications. So you reckon I just wait and see?

I don't know exactly what your declaration said but trust me, they won't just give you a negative assessment for that. It's got to do with how much you paid and not to do with whether you're qualified in the occupation.

Take my advice on this one (if you know my PCC story...), don't panic! Don't do anything unless they ask. Just wait and see. The worst they can do is say that you must either pay 10% GST or resend your declaration. Then you do that. You can even send registered mail and it arrives after a week or two or they may even let you email it through.

I forgot to include my signed payment form and had to post it separately to my agent and it arrived in less than a week with registered mail!

• Like 1

I don't know exactly what your declaration said but trust me, they won't just give you a negative assessment for that. It's got to do with how much you paid and not to do with whether you're qualified in the occupation.

Take my advice on this one (if you know my PCC story...), don't panic! Don't do anything unless they ask. Just wait and see. The worst they can do is say that you must either pay 10% GST or resend your declaration. Then you do that. You can even send registered mail and it arrives after a week or two or they may even let you email it through.

I forgot to include my signed payment form and had to post it separately to my agent and it arrived in less than a week with registered mail!

LOL I didn't even think about the GST issue. If that is all that comes up during this process as the worst case scenario, I'll gladly pay the extra to get through with a positive assessment without having to resend the entire application.

Wait and see. Three little words that require so much mental effort :) Thanks for the shoulder to lean on!