189's lodged end of August

Tazzn

Just wondering if anyone on the forum lodged a 189 application around the end of August and if so have you heard any news? Mailed my agent last Friday and apparently no news so far :(

That wait is the worst! Hehe. I'm sure it will come "now now"! Breathe ... :)

When it arrives you will be surprised how excited you will be!

We lodged our 189 on 10 September and received our CO communication on 3 November.

It can not be long now for you guys. holding thumbs and good luck

Can't believe it, our visas have been granted!!!!!! :D:D:D Best email ever!! And I am so shocked because we didn't even know we had been given a CO.

• Like 1

Woo Hoo Rosemary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like IMMI is on a roll - let's hope we are next :):ilikeit:

Edited by Tazzn

Hi everyone

Newbee here... Made the big decision to come over got in contact with Reuven "Migrte2Oz".

Done initial assessment got 65 Points, Advised to go on 189 visa, Booked IELT for beginning Jan 2015. Busy getting paperwork for CPD and CRD as well as copies of Degrees.

Please let me know what time frame am I looking at I know it will differ case to case, but if their is anyone who done an Engineering 189 with Aussie Eng Council how long will it take as well as has anyone ever had to re-apply?

Thanks

Regards

Edited by Duanevc

We applied for the skill visa as a mechanical engineer. I remember it took the time frame they gave, which was 2 months, if I can remember correctly.

Hi there, to those still waiting for a CO, I am wondering if you have received the same info from Skillselect that I have received.

I know that you have 60 days to apply for a VISA once receiving an invite for the VISA. We received an invite on 22 Sep and applied and paid that same day. I received a message from Skillselect 10 days ago saying that my EOI will expire in 20 days if i don't apply for a VISA.

I was confused as I had already had applied and paid in September. I then received a notice from DIBP today indicating that my EOI has been suspended as I have lodged a VISA application. If my VISA is refused or granted, I will not be able to submit another EOI.

Have any of you received this information? Can I take it that all is in order and moving forward?

Just got a fright when I saw that the EOI has been suspended. Your feedback is appreciated - thank you!

Hi SE1508

I think they are just automated messages that go out to everybody. We got them and just assumed they were automated. And we were right because eventually we did get our visas granted.

Duanevc, my brother in law has gone through the process with Engineering Australia. Sadly they take their time. I think it took something like 15 weeks and now they have to redo it. And they only post it so the postal service screwed them over as well.

VISAS GRANTED!!!!!!!! 189 PR. Yes please. Just hang in there guys.

• Like 1

Thank you all,

Tazzn, it will come, heard of another forumite, JPHey, who also lodged before us and they received their grant letter today. It will come soon!

Edited by Bigvan07
  • Like 1

Thanks BigVan... crossing all fingers and toes that we hear soon. Would really like an early Christmas present :)

Feeling a bit despondent . At the end of this week it will be 3 months from the date we lodged out 189 application. Has anyone's 189 VISA taken longer than the average 3 months that they say it will take?

Hi Tazzn

Just stick it out :blush: . I am sure that it won't be much longer :magic: .

If you don't mind me asking, how many points and what occupation have you used to support your application?

Thanks Neburr... promised myself I wouldn't get impatient but can't help it.

We have 75points with the occupation of Agricultural consultant

Ouch!!

I would have guessed with 75 points this is a slam dunk :ilikeit: .

I am sure that they are preparing your visa in gold script with that many points :king: . It is on the way, promise :blush-anim-cl:

Try cheer up. Once you have the visa, this will be a distant memory.

Thanks Neburr :blush-anim-cl:

suppose that's a bit of what is making me nervous - thought this part would be a breeze and now the agonizing wait. Oh well...all in good time I suupose

Hi Tazzn

Perhaps you have submitted everything that they need and you will receive a VISA grant without needing a CO. Praying that you here the wonderful news soon :ilikeit: