We're Hooked

BiancaH

Hi there,

Thank you... this forum is great. I just don't know where to start reading or where to stop.

Well Roland(25) and I(27) did our LSD trip over this past December, stayed with my sister, hubby and three kids (they have been there for 2 years) and Roland's Cousin & her hubby. We stayed in NSW, Sydney for 4 weeks.

It is truly a wonderful place, we felt so at home.

We actually found it hard to come home.

We made the decision in the first week we where there,

since we have been back our migration is the only thing on my mind.

So with any luck I hope that the migration bug that has bitten will keep on bitting.

Here are the efforts we have made thus far;

Well we have had a very rough assessment done by a consultant and Roland was advised that he should be the main applicate on a skilled visa, because he has an IT qualification and has numerous years work experience as a Technician and now an IT manager.

We are going to an official consultation on the weekend with a guy nearby and I hoping that we get so answers to the questions we have.

here are a couple I can think of while I'm writing;

1. Must I as do the skills assessment ? ( I have a BSc Zoo & Biochem, Hnrs Zoo, Certificate Intensive Project Management Programme & am currently doing a Postgraduate Diploma in Management (BA), though I haven't been working long and in no recognised career. Recently my job title was upgraded from Personal Assistant too Trainee Project Manager as it seem I have a passion for Project Management and finally a career path after all my studying.)

2. what if we get the PR and then move, how do I get a job? surely all companies won't know the value of all the degrees, diplomas and certificates I done and have worked so hard on. How does the dependant get a Job in the field they want?

Okay that is enough from me..hehehe...

Thank you for all the inputs i've read.

Have a Great Day Mate.

Cheers Bianca

I have a BSc Zoo & Biochem, Hnrs Zoo,

Hi guys welcome,

I was watching the Animal Planet the other day and can tell you the Australian Zoo definitely has a vacancy. So maybe you should be the main applicant.

Enjoy the ride.

Jordy

Hi there Bianca,

And welcome to the forum.

What a wonderful way to know that you are going to a great place - having a good holiday experience with loved ones over there. I hope that it keeps you positive and soldiering forward with the application process.

And, about the migration-bug... It seems all exciting at first, and then when you are truly addicted you can't get off this site (FABULOUS) or the Internet, researching everything. I should really feel more guilty about the time that I spend on it than I do :ilikeit: . Oh, well.

I think that VETASSESS will be your qualification equivalence body, and just search for that name on the forum. Otherwise, Deidre has a thread on the various assessment bodies and support groups for us as we ask them to rubber stamp all of our hard studies here in SA!

Cheers,

TereMel

Hi and welcome to the forum. No doubt Liezel told you about it!!!

You do not have to have your skills assessed and you don't have to be worried about finding employment in Aus, you just go the normal route of looking for vacancies applying and getting it!

Hi and welcome to the forum. No doubt Liezel told you about it!!!

You do not have to have your skills assessed and you don't have to be worried about finding employment in Aus, you just go the normal route of looking for vacancies applying and getting it!

Hi there Nilo,

She did and the forum has been great for just reading the different experiences people have had and are having.

Cheers Bianca

Hi guys welcome,

I was watching the Animal Planet the other day and can tell you the Australian Zoo definitely has a vacancy. So maybe you should be the main applicant.

Enjoy the ride.

Jordy

Hi there Jordy,

Thank you for the encouragement, I unfortunately lost interest in the Zoology & Natural Sciences Field, so landed up never working in the field. The Degree was not a lost because I have been able to use it as a base for the post grad studies I'm doing.

I think they say it shows Character to have done the degree and completed it;)

I'm interested in Project management with regards to developments and such.

I'm currently training in it now.

Anyway thank you

Cheers Bianca