shorty: "Soon to be" new arrival

shorty

Hi,

My name is Jackie and my husband, Pierre and I and our two kids (15 and 9) are almost finished with our visa application (SIR 495) for Adelaide - we are awaiting our IELTS test results :ilikeit: and our police clearances. My husband is an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics) and I am a Human Resource Officer. At the moment I have to say we are pretty sure we want to go :ilikeit: but our hearts are terrified of what's to come. We are basically going to sell up and move across with no job to go to and no idea what lies ahead- can anyone help? :ilikeit: It has taken us a year and a half to get this far and we are very excited - just wish the whole process would come to an end now! Must say, the advice we have received on this forum has been fantastic and has answered many of our questions - straight from the horses mouth :whome: Keep your fingers crossed that we don't have to wait any longer and we can finally move over - all four suitcases and us :whome:

Good luck with your travels Jackie, I am sure with your positive attitude you will make it. Like a friend said, in a few years time you will look back on this time and wonder why you were so worried.

You have a good crowd of people here, lean on them when you need to! It makes the whole process easier!

Guest Jules

Hi Shorty :whome:

Nice to meet you. I can understand the feelings you are going through at the moment, it's the great unknown. We did basically the same thing, except we shipped our belongings, no LSD, no job, nothing. It is very overwhelming but I am sure things will work out just fine. You are so lucky to have the forum here to answer a lot of your questions, I only discovered this type of forum after we were here. From what I have seen the people on here from Adelaide are a friendly bunch so you should have no trouble finding out anything specific to the area you are going to be living in.

All the best of luck and hope to see you around on the forum :ilikeit:

Julie :ilikeit:

From what I have seen the people on here from Adelaide are a friendly bunch so you should have no trouble finding out anything specific to the area you are going to be living in.

Julie :whome:

:ilikeit::whome: thanks Julie. :whome: We sure are! :ilikeit:

Shorty, my kids are almost the same age as yours - 15 and 11 - so keep us updated as to your progress. I've been kept so busy having tea with all the ladies I meet on internet forums, I hardly have time to sort out my house and finish the unpacking! :ilikeit: It's nice to arrive in a new country and already know a few people there - makes all the difference! :blush:

Hi there

You won't regret your decision Australia is an amazing place and I am sure you will be happy. Human Resources people are in big demand so you won't have a problem. I know Hudson have been recruiting people from all over the world so maybe chat to them and they can line something up for you before you arrive. Also check out seek.com.au.

Your children will settle fine, if they are sporty get them into sports clubs asap they will make great friends and so will you.

Good Luck