ggd: new to forum

ggd

Hi there to you all - finally signed up for the forum as had been "visiting" for a number of weeks now.

Must say I found the forum to be a mound of information - thank you to all those folk who post regularly so that us newcomers can benefit.

We have been out of SA for 11 years and currently based in Dubai, prior to that Hong Kong. Still in a bit of a dilema regarding UK or Aus - mainly because our son of 13 has only been educated in the British system and is soon to take his GCSE'S - do understand that there is a difference in school systems. But guess as long as the move is made timeously kids can adapt even though it could be to a different system.

It seems that South Australia - Adelaide seems to check all the boxes for now. After Hong Kong and Dubai it seems it can be a real tranqul lifestyle down there!!

Sure will be posting many questions that are still to arise.

Ciao for now.

GG.

Guest Seoul Sister

Hey there,

Welcome to the forum !! Yaaaay, always glad to see another Asian ! :( Where in Hong Kong did you live and did you enjoy it ? We were in Causeway Bay for a while and LOVED every minute. From what I understand Adelaide is fab, I hope you will be very happy there ! Good luck with the process ahead and please let me know if I can help somehow.

Love from Korea

Seoul Sister

:wub:

Hi there SS and Jules

Thanks for the welcome - well tell you we miss Hong Kong terribly - there was just such an energy about the place - loads of ex-Hkongers arriving in Dubai now so we all gather and have a good old "when we....."!!

We lived in Mid-Levels, Headland Drive, Disco Bay and then Hong Lok Yuen - my son still thinks of HK as home as he was two when we were seconded there from SA!!

So after HK and all the tall towers sure somewhere like Adelaide is going to be amazing with blue skies one is able to actually experience!!

Chat again soon.

GG.

Hi there from a neighbour in the capital city! I am based in Abu Dhabi, and we are also currently investigating going to Oz.

Life here in the Middle East is very different, though I have no idea how you cope with Dubai. I've really come to love the laid back atmosphere and family-oriented life here in Abu Dhabi. Its why we are considering Oz. I could never go back to Joburg and back to the 2hr commuting rat race.

Hope you are coping with the heat & humidity here in the UAE at the moment. We've been here 2 1/2 years and this is the hottest summer yet.

Hi there Desert Daisy

Have certainly heard that AD is a lot easier than Dubai - here they told me when I arrived - adapt or die in Dubai!! Yea we have been here 4 years far far too long.

Good luck with your Oz quest and true some days we just to have a dose of SA reality - I visit www.africancrisig.org and that is enough for me!!

Take care.

gg

Guest Seoul Sister
Thanks for the welcome - well tell you we miss Hong Kong terribly - there was just such an energy about the place - loads of ex-Hkongers arriving in Dubai now so we all gather and have a good old "when we....."!!

We lived in Mid-Levels, Headland Drive, Disco Bay and then Hong Lok Yuen - my son still thinks of HK as home as he was two when we were seconded there from SA!!

So after HK and all the tall towers sure somewhere like Adelaide is going to be amazing with blue skies one is able to actually experience!!

Hi again !!

:oops: * completely off-topic quickly - every time I see your name, my heart skips a beat. :huh: In Holland the GGD is where you take your kids/ babies to have them immunized. I hated going there and still have this funny feeling whenever I see it, a visit to them always resulted in sore arms and many tears !! Would be great if you could rescue their image in MY mind and help stop my heart from bouncing whenever I see it - GGD :ilikeit: !! :ilikeit: *

I don't know what the skies were like when you lived in HK, but since Shenzhen over on the Chinese mainland has hit the Big Time (should that read Boom Time ;) ), HK has really felt it in terms of air pollution. :) * cough * :P. It is really seriously out of control now, did you see the special on it on CNN ? It was very interesting, if you get a chance to watch it, do so - it's called Ill wind : http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditi.../air.pollution/

My mom always jokes and says when we get to Australia, I am going to have migraines from the fresh air and will go and sit in the centre of the city during rush hours, just to see enough ppl !! :lol::PThe joys !!

I can imagine that you miss HK a LOT. I have been crying for 2 weeks at the thought of leaving Korea and whenever someone mentions it, they get the FLOOOOOD. :ilikeit: It's exactly what you say, a buzz that you will never find anywhere else.

Love from here

SS

:)