Adelaide South African Picnic / Braai

Marius

Belair National Park seem to be the popular choice for a get together / picnic / braai.

Date: Sunday 9th March 2008

Time: From 11h00 am onwards

Venue: Belair National Park

click the link below to see more about the park, including a map of it.

http://www.parks.sa.gov.au/belair/index.htm

Where in the park: The childrens adventure park area. As you turn into this section in the park you will see on your right there are large shady trees, green grass, a public BBQ and toilets nearby. It is also of course right by the kids play or adventure ground for the kids to play.

Entry fees: A few dollars per car at the park gate-see brochure in above link for detials.

Very informal get together, bring your own chairs, table, picnic, braai stuff or just come for a chat, from 11 onwards.No protocol, just arrive and join in, or not, your choice. There is a public BBQ near, but feel free to bring your own if you want to braai ( watch possible fire ban days ! ) or just a picnic, or whatever you want. All South Africans are most welcome, especially new arrivals.

Spread the word to people perhaps not on this forum, the more the better ! :ilikeit:

Hope to see you there :whome: .

:ilikeit: Oh dear, bad timing. We're planning to go to Womad.

Thank you for the invite, would loooove to have been there, but will still be in the 'other' SA (or rather RSA / ZA). Visa not even granted yet. My heart is there, my body here.

Had to joke a bit, sorry.

Ons sal ook daar wees.

Hi, Wilna dis so sleg dat julle visa nog nie goedgekeur is nie. Elke keer as ek op die forum inloer, kyk ek eerste of daar nog nie goeie nuus van julle kant af is nie. Dit is sleg maar dink daarnaan julle sal definitief hier wees vir die volgende braai!

Wilna

Edited by wilna

Jip Wilna, kannie wag nie, maar kannie kla nie, met ander gaan dit nog langer. Kan jy glo ons laaste dokumente is toe sowaar eers 19 Desember ontvang. Sjoe, hierdie agent laat my hare regop staan, lieg lekker.

Geniet Adelaide!!!!!!!!!

Hi Marius

We will be there!!!!!!!!!.

Come on Dax, Anette, Bronwyn and all the other members from Adelaide, lets promote this thing and make it the biggest and the best yet. :angry:

We don't want the "Melbournians" to have a bigger and more successful braai/picnic than ours, especially after what the Victorian Premier said recently about Adelaide. :)

This is a great opportunity for those who have recently arrive in Adelaide, from the RSA, to meet some some of the "older" forum members.

Enjoy!

Manny

Marius,

The wife, kiddy and me will definately be at the get together around the beginning of spring this year. A perfect time for a barbie (Braai) and some sausage (wors). I can't wait. :ilikeit:

K&B

Edited by K & B

We'll be in Adelaide by the time this party happens. I hope to be sort of settled in by then and bring the family to meet some fellow South Africans.

Yes, the more the merrier I say :ilikeit: . I have started a word of mouth also with a few Saffers I know not on this forum, so we should ge t a good turnout. The weather should be nice I recon. I have also contacted the South African Network in South Australia ( SA-NET-SA ) site representative and they will shortly post the message invite in their site for bigger exposure.

I will go an take a few snaps of the spot we plan to meet and post them here so people can see where we plan to assemble. The park is big and it might make the place easier to find.

Spread the word. New arrivals like RenierPret, most welcome. .Let me know if you need anything, including help with transport or directions etc. I will PM you my cell number. Anyone else wanting to make contact mith me directly, please PM me and I will send my cell number and other details.People still on the way, next time, for sure

See you there !

See the new pinned post with more updated detials on where we meet, directins etc. Hope to see you all there the 9th March !

• 4 weeks later...

:ilikeit:

Hallo almal/Hi guys and girls

See you all on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit: Seen julle Sondag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Groete/regards

Manny

Weather details are for fine, sunny days in the high 30s over the whole weekend.

Bring sunscreen, especially for the kids, and wear wide brimmed hats if you've got them.

Hopefully, there'll be some shade for the troops to hide underneath on Sunday.

Edited by Bob

Hey there

Would love to see some photos of your day, have a wonderful time, please send some sun to Sydney we are soo jealous.

S

sa2auz - Please send some rain to Adelaide in return... the sunshine is dispatched and should reach you soon... LOL

I'll see you all on Sunday - will bring the family, and also told some more people about this, they might pitch up too.

Yup I see the forecast is sunny, dry and 39 deg C for Sunday, as it is tomorrow and Monday for that matter ! Check the firebans if you want to braai.

See you there, there are quite a few large shady trees around the paddock so there should be enough shade. I guess a gazebo wont hurt if you have one.

Hi Marius and others,

I haven't been on the site for a while. Fortunately Bronwyn let us know about the picnic, so we the Heunis'se will definitely be there tomorrow!

See you around 11h00.

Lourens & Elezea

Hi Marius and others,

I haven't been on the site for a while. Fortunately Bronwyn let us know about the picnic, so we the Heunis'se will definitely be there tomorrow!

See you around 11h00.

Lourens & Elezea

No worries, see you there. :ilikeit: