JoSA: New on the site

JoSA

:ilikeit: Hi all. I am new on the site, my husband and I have recently been thinking about the idea of relocating to Oz. I think we have been hit by crime just one too many times. It is quite daunting thinking about it and how to actually go about it. We qualify with the skilled visa (136 I think) however I think we need to contact an agent. Can any of you recommend whom we contact as well as any sites we can take a look at.

Thanks

Hi JoSA

Welcome to the forum :ilikeit:

This is a very helpfull forum all the people on this forum go out of their way to help and to cheer you up. :lol:

Riekie, dreamcatcher ,desert daisy, and dreamy alway's have answers. :ilikeit:

go trough al the chit chat's and the forum to get some of your answers.

We are still in SA waiting for our sponsoring company to get back :ilikeit: ai patients, patients

Sheila

Edited by sheila

Welcome to our forum, hope you get all the answers you need here!

Good luck with your decision Josa, we are a happy bunch in Australia.

Guest Jules

Hi JoSA,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your visa. I can't recommend an agent but there are others on the forum who will be able to help you. Hope to see you around as your application progresses.

Julie :ilikeit:

Hi and welcome

We are using Internation Immigration alliance. The experience has been good thus far. :wub:

We are about to send our permanent residency application.

Their website is:

http://www.immigrate.co.za/

They are based in Sandton.

L8er

Jacobus

Hi JoSA

Welcome to the forum. We're using an agent based in Perth (Andrew Emmott, Advance Australia Visas Pty Ltd, Tel: 08 9387 1033, Fax: 08 9387 1055, Email: andrew@aavisas.com.au) who has been brilliant, however, if you have a relatively straightforward application you might consider doing it yourself. A lot of our members have chosen to save their money and do the legwork via this and other fora. If you come across something you don't understand just post a question and get the benefit of all these bright minds working on your behalf.

Good luck

Cindylou

South Africans do not live a normal life.

It is possible to live a normal life elsewhere.

Not easy -actually initially the most daunting thing you have ever faced-but absolutely worth it in the long run.

I hear there are many shonky(good Aussie slang) migration agents out there so-a personal referral from someone on the forum should possibly be heeded.

Once you have decided to leave you will be amazed how things will fall into place.

Good Luck from the wonderfully wet Gold Coast.(been raining the past week!)

Hi JoSA,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you have been victims of crime, but then who has not been to some extent? :wub:

A lot of agents are quite expensive, and all they do is get the correct forms to you, and post them on. Others seem to do a little more. You'll have to shop around. We looked at Network Migration in SA, but then we decided to try doing it ourselves. We found a job for hubby, and they appointed an agent to apply for our visas. :(

If you read the forum, you'll also come across some negative, or lets call it sobering, experiences that people have been through in Australia. It is important that you read through this, and make an informed decision. We have had a few not so nice things happen, but I can tell you that in our case, it is nothing compared to what is going on in SA. We are happy to be here, and not looking back. Queensland Girl is SO right in saying that SAners don't live a normal life. You don't realise it untill you leave, and find that there is another way of life.

We hope that you will be happy in your decision, and that things will go well for you. In the meantime, hang in there in "good ole SA" :blink:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi there and welcome

Everyone here is really helpful so even if you have a silly question or are just uncertain you are bound to find someone who has been there and knows exactly how you are feeling.

You can definately do the application yourself, just gather as much info as possible from forums and from those in the know and you will be fine. First things first get yourself and hubbys unabridged birth certificates and also unabridged marriage certificates these can take ages so start now. If you need them in a hurry and are willing to pay you can always use bunnyhop who are also registered immigration agents.

It might be worth paying a agent for an initial assesment about R200 but make sure you use a registered agent and know your facts. I have only heard about one particialr arrogant guy and his name was Tom and was based in Sandton. Look on the immigration website and look at the registered agents there I think there is a good one in parkmore, sandton. Also check out agents like Steven O’Neil, Iscah Migration

www.iscah.com. He sends out a free monthly newsletter and it might be worth subscribing to that newsletter@iscah.com. I have found on occasion I have email them an odd question and they have been very helpful.

Anyway good luck and see you soon.

:wub: Hi

Thanks for all your responses, wow. It really is great having a site like this, being able to chat to people who have gone through this and experienced life on both sides. Thanks for all your advise so far, I am going to browse through all the posts and read up on everything, take in all the positives and negatives. Do you know of any good sites to have a look at jobs available. I know my husband falls under a skill shortage so I hope that it will help things. Do any of you know a site whcih might indicate salary levels?

Thanx again

Jo

:ilikeit: Hi

Thanks for all your responses, wow. It really is great having a site like this, being able to chat to people who have gone through this and experienced life on both sides. Thanks for all your advise so far, I am going to browse through all the posts and read up on everything, take in all the positives and negatives. Do you know of any good sites to have a look at jobs available. I know my husband falls under a skill shortage so I hope that it will help things. Do any of you know a site whcih might indicate salary levels?

Thanx again

Jo

Jo

Check out seek.com.au you might find that your hubby can get a job from that side and get sponsored email all the recruiters and ask what the demand is for the particular occupation is and what salary can be expected. Robert Walters, Hudson and Hays are a few of the big ones. Also check out the recruiters sites alot of them have salary comparisons. I think there is also a site called wagenet but I haven't checked it out myself.

Hi JoSA,

Welcome and good luck with all the decisions and hard work ahead. It is all worth it in the end.

Good jobsites: www.seek.com.au & www.careerone.com.au and check out www.jobsearch.gov.au - also check out the "job Outlook" function under the "Careers" section: you'll see some info of the weekly earning of whatever job you choose. www.hays.com.au is a good site for some comparitive salary information.

Hope this helps!

Chatterbug

Good luck with the immigration effort JoSA! You may also want to visit our comprehensive Links List for more information.

:ilikeit: Hendie