Nuut en al klaar frustreerd!

Milada (Ms Maritz)

Goeiemore and good morning.

This is really a wonderful website with lots and lots of information! When we decided to emigrate, I thought it will be quick-quick :blink: But after reading here I realised this is a long process!

I, mrs Maritz, will most likely do most of the writing here, since I am the one doing all the research and the one completing all the forms. Mr Maritz is just providing the money and the necessary signatures :(

We (mr and mrs) have been to Australia for holiday in March 2004. The main purpose of our holiday was to watch the Grand Prix and obviously the result of the Grand Prix was Ferrari One-Two with Schumi driving away from everybody else :rolleyes: I fell in love with Australia, and when we came back I did everything in my limited power to convince hubby to emigrate. But I guess the time and finances were just not right then.

We went to Johannesburg on 13 October 2007 for my brother-in-law's wedding. On Sunday 14 October 2007 we received a phone call from the police informing us there has been a burglary at our house and it seems our car was stolen as well. The car being a brand new Alfa and my husband's favourite earthly possession! While we drove back to Secunda, we started talking and when my husband said: "Let's emigrate" all of us immediately agreed. The "all of us" include me and the three kids, aged 20, 16 and 14.

Our decision was strengthened throughout the next two weeks by the fact that when we tell people about the burglary, their first statement was "Luckily nobody got hurt", and then the next thing they would tell you, is a story about their own experience that sounds more horrifying than our "simple" burglary.

Another thing that bothered me about South Africa, was the deaths on our roads, and since my eldest daughter is doing a lot of driving, I am always worried when she's on the road. We were also sick and tired of the attitudes of our employees – especially the white employees thinking the we owe them everything.

We were just GATVOL!

So now we are here, starting the process, and hopefully by next year this time we will be in Australia. Hopefully their more relaxed lifestyle will rub off on us!

Hi Mr and Mrs M

WELCOME to the forum. When we made our deceision to go to Oz , it was within days that we realised how badly we wanted to be there. I hated the fact that we would have to wait "so long" to fulfill that craving.

But 4 months down the line, we are almost there (457 Visa of course).

The time cruises. Its unbelieveable actually. Waiting is (almost) agonising, but the excitement of what it is that you are waiting for really makes the time fly.

Enjoy the ride... :ilikeit:

Ty

Welcome!! Yes, time flies, we are sitting down for 5 min as Pickfords are packing our house...

So, believe it, you will be there very soon...

Elize

Hello Maritze

Welcome to the forum.

We stay in Melbourne and we've been to the 2007 Grand Prix - what a pity that my hero (Schumi) has retired! Great fun!

While you at it - please try and convince my family from Secunda (brother and his family) to move to Australia! :ilikeit:

We went through some horrific experiences ourselves. But down here I feel relaxed and secure.

Good luck with the process.

Hello Maritze

Welcome to the forum.

Hope yeh enjoy the forum like we all do!You at the right place.

You will get alot off help and information.Good luck!

Greetings Ursula.

Edited by Allie&Urs

Goeiemore and good morning.

So now we are here, starting the process, and hopefully by next year this time we will be in Australia. Hopefully their more relaxed lifestyle will rub off on us!

It is not the Aussies' relaxed lifestyle that result in the low number of deaths on their roads, it is the fact that there is a general respect for human life, obedience to traffic rules, lower maximum speed limit and compliance with it, competence of administrators of the license issuing department, zero tolerance of drunk driving (your license are simply revoked), relatively new and roadworthy vehicles on the road and total ABSENCE of minibus taxis.

Just my 5 cents after 8 months here in Aus.

Guest mrs mupersan

Greetings Mr & Mrs M! Now that you've lodged your application, may your visa be granted ASAP and with no hassles! :ilikeit:

You've got a bit of a wait ahead of you so sit back, grab a cuppa and get reading and writing. This forum has been a life-saver in so many respects for us. From picking us up when we're feeling disheartened and frustrated with the wait to vital information about life/living in Australia.

Our forum family have been the ones who truly understand the rollercoaster ride we're on and, as such, have been the ones we've turned to first with news of visa progress or the shock of family & friends' negative reactions.

So welcome to the family!

Cheers,

Mandy

Thanks everyone!

Doortjie: Your family in Secunda will soon be gatvol due to all the load shedding! (For you in Australia who doesn't know - it's when Eskom simply switch off the electricity in an area due to their inefficiencies! :thumbdown: I still think small towns like Secunda is targeted more with load shedding, because our electricity is off for 2 - 3 hours almost on a daily basis! So if you speak to him again, just throw in the load shedding problem :blush:

Swerwer: When we were there for holiday, we were amazed about the lower speed limit..... and the fact that everybody kept to the speed limit!! We drove over 3 000kms in 2.5 weeks and had to cut our stay in Sydney short because we didn't make it in time - when I planned our trip I didn't realise 100km/h was the way to drive! But it was very, very lekker!!

Welcome to the forum :ilikeit: We are also in Secunda but are leaving soon to go to Perth. I am glad you managed to convince your husband to emigrate, I am sure you will never regret it. I have lots of friends in Secunda who say they will never leave SA.

Personally, I can't wait to live in a place that doesn't smell bad....... :rolleyes:

Hi and Welcome,

I see you got kids 20, 16 & 14, simular to us when we first arrived 13 years ago. My advice to you is if you come on a 457 visa just make sure you apply for the PVisa asap. We made the mistake to wait not realising there could be problems when the kids are over 18. Best to not let them work, maybe parttime, and they should study fulltime to be dependant on the main visa holder. PM Kanniedood as they are having the same problem.

welcome again :rolleyes:

Hallosê M&M

Lekker ou Secunda <yeah right!> Was daar vanaf 13jr tot 22jr ouderdom. Sussa bly nog daar (Landman str). Ouers en ander sussa adres is daar net voor Sasol, waar die kosmosse so mooi op die grafte groei. Ons is nou 6 jr in NZ, en mik ook om oor die ditch te gaan. Verstaan mooi, NZ is bakgat, reen net vreeslik onner daai Long White Cloud, en nie eens Poms kan kerm en klaag soos 'n Kiwi nie, maar dis okay, een van die dae is ons ook in Oz.

Se groete vir Skakoenda.