PTA Coffee Club

Bridge

Hi everyone,

Yes, I'd agree it was a success!

There was a huge turnout, +/-70 odd people. The manager at Irene was also a little surprised, as we kind of took over.

With my "flag" being as small as it was, we had 2 larger sections on different sides of the venue( for those reading Foncused post). However, most people got up and mingled between the various tables.

Thanks to Bronwyn and Andre B for bringing material for us all to look through.

Thanks to everyone for attending and sharing their advice, their concerns and experiences!

As for the next round. . . . . Ronel and Dangerous Dave. . . . TAG, You're it!

Cheers, Bridge

P.S I'll get hubby to try upload the pics!

Hi there Bridge,

Yeah that was a great get together, there was lots of familiar faces. I must agree about those huge flags that were so hard to spot. We will have to da something about them.

As for the next meeting, I suppose I will be willing to give a helping hand. Will give the next venue some serious thought in the mean time.

Can you send me Ronels details please.

Was great meeting you.

Regards

DD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge

• UrsulaS

• IT_Friend

• DA2ozz

Ag nee!!

Jammer ons het dit gemis. Wanneer is die volgende een? / Pitty we missed this one but would love to attend the next!

'n Ander vraag - het iemand al met die guide van hierdie website te doen gehad? / A quick question - has anybody looked into the guide offered by this website?

http://www.arriveandthrive.com/aus/

Dit lyk interessant maar mens wil jou nie laat vang met 'n slap riem nie.

Also - we are planning to attend the Australia Expo next month - any tips on what to take with / what to expect?

Yoda

PTA coffee club,

To Bridge for organising, and all the wonderful people we met at the PTA CC, thanks and it was great meeting you and sharing experiences, hopes, and plans.

Yoda, the one thing you can certainly expect at the OZ Expo will be masses and masses of people!!

Cheers,

TereMel

Great experience! Pity that it was so disjointed... maybe we need to re-think the venue in future??

Nice flag btw :P

I appreciate everything Bridge did to organize the get together, I am sure everyone enjoyed it and got a lot of info and met new friends. I also think we must rethink the venue (I am not ungreatful). It was difficult speaking to people sitting two ore more places from me, because of the people sitting between us. Maybe we must do it in the botanical gardens or somewhere similar (just a suggestion) then everyone brings his own blanket with picnic basket. In this way you can move all over the place a speak to everyone you like, then you are not restricted to one area or space. The people with children can then also relax and be part of the meeting.

Hope you understand my point. I am not critisizing, please do not get me wrong.

So guys... we will just have to do another one.... soon!

Maybe a flag per table? Printed out an an A4 page... stuck onto a bit of dowl rod... will make it much easier to identify!

MAYBE EVERYONE MUST WEAR YELLOW OR GREEN !!!!

What we found in previous CC's was that people would still migrate towards groups even if their is no clearcut tables and borders. But it is a great way to meet people and likeminded ones in that...

Hope you enjoy the Expo, we were there last year and it set us up for a 4 months quickie, and here we are in Oz already....

Good luck!!!

Elize

What we found in previous CC's was that people would still migrate towards groups even if their is no clearcut tables and borders. But it is a great way to meet people and likeminded ones in that...

Hope you enjoy the Expo, we were there last year and it set us up for a 4 months quickie, and here we are in Oz already....

Good luck!!!

Elize

Hi

I am a newbie and would like to know when will the next get together be and where? We are in Pretoria and in the process of going to OZ.. what a loooong story it is, by the way. I would welcome some support as it feels like a never ending story to me!!

I desperately need to interact with people in the same boat.

Thanx

Miri

Any idea on when the next meet will be?

Would love to meet some people face-to-face...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my husband and I would love to join the coffee club, please let me know how we need to go about it?

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Ag nee, Ons het ook die 'meeting' by Irene gemis. Wanneer hou julle weer een? Laat weet my asseblief!!! :)

Hi

Can you please tell me who is organising this coffee club?

I really need to talk to the person in charge.

Thx!

Lienq

• 1 month later...

Hi Lienq

There is nobody in charge here. This is a sharing forum and whoever takes the initiative does the organising of coffee clubs. My wife Julie and I do not mind arranging for a few months until we go at the end of the year. Then somone else can take over and so it will continue.

If anyone has missed the thread "Next Pretoria Coffee Club Meeting"

The venue will be Irene Dairy at 14h00 on 14 June 2008. We have booked table at the bottom on the outside. Eats and drinks will be for everyone's own account.

We have booked for 40 people, so if anyone has not yet replied please do so asap so that we can arrange more seating and tables. Kids are most welcome.

Hoggy - will you please come a bit earlier and bring your flag so we can put it up to identify the table. If anyone is lost or cannot find the table, my cell number is 083 three five seven 4707.

We will be bring some newspapers, etc with and some info on a furniture removal seminar for people to have a look through. If anyone has anything that may be of assistance to others, then please bring it with to share. The whole idea is that people talk informally to network, share information and most importantly, to get moral support.

Looking forward to meeting you all there.

Andre and Julie

Oh no, the date is a problem for us. It is a long weekend and many people are going away. Can't you consider another weekend, not for my sake but for a lot of people who will not be able to make it. It is my birhtday that day and we are going to the Kruger National Park. We have been waiting for the next coffee club meeting but unfortunately we will not be able to make it.

There was also a lot of suggestions on the Pta Coffee club link since the last meeting. Maybe a good idea to have a look at that as well. Thank you for your willingness to organize a meeting.